• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Why isn't Resident Evil: OCR on sale?

also does RE6 still have tank controls?

I think it might have to do with GFWL.

About RE6, not really. There's running and diving and rolling and sliding. Feels really good. It's pretty much the closest thing to Vanquish on steam.

I personally have been playing Resident Evil 6 every day since I bought it a few weeks ago. All the things they say about the combat system are true: it's fun, addictive, and makes you feel like a bad-ass. The story is a bit eh so don't expect much out of it. And that's actually the secret to enjoying the story mode. Don't take it seriously and you'll have some fun.

I think you meant to quote the other guy, haha. I totally agree with you.

I haven't given anything away in a while, so here you go!
Listen to this while registering for the giveaway:The Landing

Instructions for super-famicom:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FINAL FANTASY VIII -- MB-B6505C8BB754925C

t1403814666z1.png

Lomax

Am I the only one who's constantly confused at how the pricing works on the community market? If, say, I put an item on sale at $1 (where I'd receive $0.8 or something) I can never figure out which one of those values the other users will see, and what's monitored by the price graph. Like, if the graph tells me that item's been selling at $1 recently, and I want to match that, should I put $1 in the 'buyer pays' or 'you receive' box?

(yet another aspect where's steam's UI is way below standards)

Other users see only what they would pay, including all fees. So your pricing should be based on that. If the lowest price on the market is $1.00, you should (in theory) list at 0.99 to be below that, which means you should put a price of 0.87 in as what you would receive.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Have fun~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-7C6828E49ABBF79E - Taken by Vuze. 11 entrants total.

t1403804567z1.png

PaulLFC

Contacted Steam Support requesting the ridiculous "7 day market ban" on my account just because I reinstalled Windows be lifted, their reply, "We cannot lift the restriction". It's ridiculous that they consider this an acceptable policy during a sale (or at all, to be honest), the response I got actually stated the following as well:

You have recently authorized Steam Guard on a new device. As a result you are unable to trade or use the Community Market on this device for 7 days.

... which is laughable. What is the point of Steam Guard then, if it operates in the opposite way to which it is advertised? It's supposed to be a two factor authentication system, for authorising you to access your account once you've proved your identity - instead, should you use it, it may arbitrarily lock you out of parts of your account with no warning.

Copons

So, Steamworld Dig.

I have it wishlisted a LONG time ago and I can't remember why anymore. :D

On Steam I read it's a metroidvania, which is good.
But at the same time, looking at its screens, it gives me puzzle-platforming vibes. Like Fez (imho pretentious) or Full Bore (imho boring).

Anyone who played it could solve my doubt?

Thanks!

Turfster

Dungeon of Elements steam keys were added to the indieroyale Nutcracker bundle and for people that bought it on indiegamestand.

Contacted Steam Support requesting the ridiculous "7 day market ban" on my account just because I reinstalled Windows
... which is laughable. What is the point of Steam Guard then,
Identifying safe systems on which an account can be accessed.
Reinstalling windows or doing drastic CPU changes, changes the checksum, making the system no longer recognised.
It sucks for you, but it really is working as intended.

Acccent

Other users see only what they would pay, including all fees. So your pricing should be based on that. If the lowest price on the market is $1.00, you should (in theory) list at 0.99 to be below that, which means you should put a price of 0.87 in as what you would receive.

Okay, but then how come some items sell at $0.01? I mean that leaves nothing to the seller, it all goes to valve...

MadGear

Hm, not the best choice of games in todays dailies for me as i already own L4D2, vanilla Civ 5 and Rome 2 (also Dishonored, but on 360). AC:BF would be interesting, but still too pricey as of now.

Since i have only played Assassins Creed up to (including) Brotherhood, would you recommend me AC Revelations? Have heard way to many negative voices to be even remotely interested in AC3, so I guess thats not an option for me.

BruteUA

I gotta decide between Dishonored + Steamworld Dig or Dishonored GOTY. And I just know that knight from Indiana Jones is waiting to tell me that I chose poorly.

onionfrog

Welp, nothing to buy in this set of deals. I can't believe Ikaruga lost!

On the plus side, I just won another $6 from the M&M contest!

Chariot

I gotta decide between Dishonored + Steamworld Dig or Dishonored GOTY. And I just know that knight from Indiana Jones is waiting to tell me that I chose poorly.
Take Dishonored + Steamworld Dig. It makes not much sense to play the DLCs before you haven't finished the main game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So, Steamworld Dig.

But at the same time, looking at its screens, it gives me puzzle-platforming vibes. Like Fez (imho pretentious) or Full Bore (imho boring).

Thanks!

I was really underwhelmed by it. I don't know how far into the game I got, seemed like a long way, but there was no challenge to it whatsoever. There wasn't platforming or real exploration, there wasn't any puzzle solving, and the combat was as basic as it gets. People rave about it but I played long enough to get a whole bunch of upgrades and it seemed mechanically to be slightly deeper than cookie clicker.

oti

Banned
So, Steamworld Dig.

Thanks!

Buy it. Problem solved.

Raxus

Blood Dragon, Goat Simulator, Borderlands 2. Seems like the easier vote for me.

I really wish Ubi wasn't so horrible at PC gaming because Black Flag is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom