• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

CS: GO went up in price?

Ah well. I got it the first day of the sale (wanted more time to play before I got busy).
It's still $15 ($7.50 right now with the 50% flash sale), something odd going on with its normal pricing on the frontpage.

Awesome, I needed to get The Walking Dead for my brother for Christmas and was looking for a deal. Only problem is Gamefly is US only :(

Anyone able to grab it for me for the either the $12.50 or a Skyrim key?

Quote this post if you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm on the page right now and it's at 25% off. Weird.

Odd. :/ Perhaps the change hasn't propagated.

1ADJL.png

Edit: Beaten soundly.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Awesome, I needed to get The Walking Dead for my brother for Christmas and was looking for a deal. Only problem is Gamefly is US only :(

Anyone able to grab it for me for the either the $12.50 or a Skyrim key?

Quote this post if you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Check your pms.

Enco

Odd. :/ Perhaps the change hasn't propagated.

1ADJL.png

Edit: Beaten soundly.
It's £5.99 now.

Pretty sure I saw it for £3 and a bit. Maybe £4 and a bit. Can't remember but I'm certain it has gone up.

edit: I remember the CS complete bundle was £4

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's £5.99 now.

Pretty sure I saw it for £3 and a bit. Maybe £4 and a bit. Can't remember but I'm certain it has gone up.

edit: I remember the CS complete bundle was £4

Steamprices says the current price of the bundle is the cheapes it's been, though perhaps its database is lagging behind.

Gamefly has their own little sale going on right now. Pretty good selection and prices. Some redeem on Steam. XCOM is $25. Hotline Miami for $5. Walking Dead for $12.50.

There are one time use codes HOLIDAY10 and HOLIDAY20 giving 10% and 20% off. Should make XCOM $20 for example.

Grabbed an extra copy of Sleeping Dogs if anyone needs it. Will be $11.90 US paypal. Send me a PM.

So, instead of just buying it on GMG for $11.90 and also get either $6 credit or $4 cash back, we're supposed to buy it from you for the same price, but you keep the credit?

Well guys, do yourselves a favor and buy it from GreenManGaming (remember the 30% code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831)

biocat

People who have used Steam for years = These sales are horrible compared to past sales.

People who have used Steam for 6 months to a year = Shut up guys, these deals are GREAT! You just own everything!

I'm in the camp of people who have used Steam for years and agree that this sale is horrible. Bad choices for dailies, mediocre prices, no meta-achievements, and only 6 dailies make this the most disappointing "big" Steam sale to date. Thankfully places like Amazon, GMG, and GG are picking up the slack.

Disappointed and haven't made a single purchase yet.

Maybe other sites have taken the low-price lead?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Will XCOM run playable on a Intel HD integrated card? Also, is 33% off a deal that probably won't be matched this sale? Stupid Flash deals :/

edit: Also yes, this sale sucks so far.

Def Jukie

So, instead of just buying it on GMG for $11.90 and also get either $6 credit or $4 cash back, we're supposed to buy it from you for the same price, but you keep the credit?

Well guys, do yourselves a favor and buy it from GreenManGaming (remember the 30% code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831)

I'm just trying to help anyone having bank issues man. Lighten up. I've given away quite a few games on GAF before as well.

Petrie

Banned

Yeah. There are really shitty people on GAF this holiday trying to profit from anything they can. Sad really.

Then there's GAF bingo, bringing the awesome .

I want to get Civilization, but am scared it wont run on my MAC. I am pretty sure it can:

Memory: 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
256 MB VRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 320M

Er, anything else?

I'm also stuck between getting CIV IV (which I am leaning more towards) or CIV V (which seems to rid of "Stack of Doom" and use hexagons which apparently is better?)

Also, does CIV IV have cross play? I dont care much to play online, just against CPU, but curious. I like the idea of deeper micromanaging as seen in CIV IV.

Note that I've never bought anything off of Steam before. I am thinking of buying it, installing on MAC, and if it doesn't run, I'll be updating my PC in the near future anyway.

I played some CIV game in high school for a brief bit but never properly understood it or got into it, but it seems like a game I would get into. I love Age of Mythology and enjoy games with micromanaging. I am really looking to satisfy my itch for strategy/planning games. I'm guessing I should wait a year for CIV V's patches and expansions, right? Because I was down that CIV V didn't have religion, only for it to appear on the DLC, so I'm guessing I should get CIV V when it's improved

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah. There are really shitty people on GAF this holiday trying to profit from anything they can. Sad really.

Is the bingo already live? I have a couple of keys I got specifically for it. Can finally give something to it. Never bothered to join though.

Def Jukie

Please don't lump me in with them. There are plenty of people having bank issues with GMG. I thought maybe someone might need some help. It's not like less than $12 is a ripoff for Sleeping Dogs.

What is Gaf bingo? Nvm, I see the thread now.

everyone gets a card with a set of common events around steam-gaf on it and the winner is the person who marks them all off. examples from previous years include:

- salsa claims to be a guy
- someone asks who the girl in JaseC's avatar is
- someone gets berated for buying something too early
- morningbus and stallion make out in a bathtub full of peanut butter
- xelios does something awesome
- salsa gets banned

j-wood

I already own Darksiders 1...if I buy the Darksiders franchise pack, will the extra copy of DS1 go to my gift inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom