• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

I donated most of the keys I got from the extra Bethesda packs I got to GAF bingo night so hopefully the ones who win them are the ones who couldn't afford them.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Today's Damage

- Bioshock
- Bioshock 2
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Sleeping Dogs
- XCOM: UFO Defense

Total Price: $37.90

:0

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I already own Darksiders 1...if I buy the Darksiders franchise pack, will the extra copy of DS1 go to my gift inventory?

If you buy the pack from Amazon, yes. If through steam, I don't think so.

I hope you are talking about the Amazon pack. $13 for DS, DS 2 and season pass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
everyone gets a card with a set of common events around steam-gaf on it and the winner is the person who marks them all off. examples from previous years include:

- salsa claims to be a guy
- someone asks who the girl in JaseC's avatar is
- someone gets berated for buying something too early
- morningbus and stallion make out in a bathtub full of peanut butter
- xelios does something awesome
- salsa gets banned

mOVRk.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was reading the newspaper a couple of weeks ago and there was a half-page picture of her about some movie, I instantly remembered about "that neogaf guy".

And damn, I can't blame you. She's just...wow.

As the philosopher Alec Baldwin once said, "In my defence: yes."

Edit: Aw, you edited. :(

Jase should try communicating for an entire day using only images of Saorise

This challenge intrigues me.

Watevaman

Waiting for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover to drop below $10 (anywhere, as it's Steam activated) and want to see if Force Unleashed 2 will drop to $5. I can't think of anything else I'm actually wanting.

Salsa

Hey peeps sorry for the falling out on the OP. Grandma got sick and most of all she's been kinda bummed so I suggested we take her on a mini vacation and spend christmas on this friend's cabin. Gonna be here till tuesday with just phone access, I can still can update the OP if someone commits to send me screengrabs of the deals by pm, otherwise stump/nirolak/whoever feel free to edit it yourselves.

Or just leave it as is, I dont really know how many look at it

Hey peeps sorry for the falling out on the OP. Grandma got sick and most of all she's been kinda bummed so I suggested we take her on a mini vacation and spend christmas on this friend's cabin. Gonna be here till tuesday with just phone access, I can still can update the OP if someone commits to send me screengrabs of the deals by pm, otherwise stump/nirolak/whoever feel free to edit it yourselves.

relax salsa, take care of your grandma and we'll be fine here. it's apparently a terrible sale anyway, people are outraged.

Yeah. There are really shitty people on GAF this holiday trying to profit from anything they can. Sad really.

Then there's GAF bingo, bringing the awesome .

What's your problem? People didn't sell you Skyrim cheap enough and now their shitty people? Fuck that. I've given multiple games away for free including games for bingo and just random gifts. I also sold Skyrim to a gaffer for $15 and he was happy to have the opportunity.

Gintoki

Hope she gets well soon! Also, people don't read the OP ;P

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
everyone gets a card with a set of common events around steam-gaf on it and the winner is the person who marks them all off. examples from previous years include:

- salsa claims to be a guy
- someone asks who the girl in JaseC's avatar is
- someone gets berated for buying something too early
- morningbus and stallion make out in a bathtub full of peanut butter
- xelios does something awesome
- salsa gets banned
You go a little crazy one Easter weekend and you can never live it down. :(

Petrie

Banned
What's your problem? People didn't sell you Skyrim cheap enough and now their shitty people? Fuck that. I've given multiple games away for free including games for bingo and just random gifts. I also sold Skyrim to a gaffer for $15 and he was happy to have the opportunity.

I find all the lame profiteering on GAF during these sales to be shitty is all, and I call it what it is.

And I had no problem getting the games at a fair price thanks to the decent Gaffers still around.

Having gotten them myself doesn't make what you guys are doing any less slimy.

Def Jukie

I don't really have any interest in this bingo business but I've got some extra keys I'm giving away. Send me a pm for any of the following.

Saints Row The Third

Humble Bundle 6 (Vessel, Torchlight, Rochard, S.P.A.Z., and Shatter)

Titan Quest

Edit: All gone.

I find all the lame profiteering on GAF during these sales to be shitty is all, and I call it what it is.

And I had no problem getting the games at a fair price thanks to the decent Gaffers still around.

Ya know what would be a fair price? Selling games at market value: what they go for on eBay or Steam.

There is nothing wrong with "profiteering" as you called it.

If you say so. And I don't mean that in the, "That's a strange opinion to have" sense, because, true to form, despite owning the game, I haven't played it.

I haven't played much of it. Hard as hell, but pretty great.

I already posted what I meant by my question. I was not asking, "Why buy UFO Defense?"

Ambiguity crisis averted. There sure was a lot of that, Johnny, I'm glad we made it out alive.

Salsa

Also since we were gonna come here I spent money that could be used for the sales on buying a Kindle, masquerading it as a gift

I feel mature

Slimy? Whatever. I'm glad you got the game at the price you were willing to pay. Selling Skyrim for $15 isn't what I would consider despicable profiteering.

derExperte

So what would be a fair price for let's say Skyrim
(yes, I have a key left)
? It's not that we got the games for free and most of the Bethesda bundle is almost worthless because everyone here owns that stuff (Rage, Fallouts, the old Elder Scrolls) or doesn't want it (Rogue Warrior, Hunted). Plus PayPal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom