• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixclaws

Banned
Have there been any crazy deals on Far Cry 3 perchance?

I'm still bummed I missed that Bethesda deal.

Earlier in the thread people were mentioning that the Uplay store is going to have a Far Cry 3 deal, but I think it was only 20% off or somewhere in that range.

Earlier in the thread people were mentioning that the Uplay store is going to have a Far Cry 3 deal, but I think it was only 20% off or somewhere in that range.

Ah thanks, good to know.

Also who didn't vote for Hotline? That's insanity.

Oh and if anyone has an extra copy of Dishonored from the Bethesda deal I'd buy it.

megalowho

Do you think the game itself (with the content packs) is good for that 75% off? Is the game accessible for newer players? I'm hearing it also supports gamepads? I really do want to get it, just want more GAF impressions.

It looks beautiful !
It's driving a train in real time. I think it's pretty neat.. though I don't play it often. There's not much to it if you use the basic controls (I do), once you get going it might as well be a screen saver with camera control but it can be very relaxing if you're in the mood. Doing it all smoothly takes practice, pretty sure there's tutorial stuff in there as well. No idea about gamepads, should try that, but I'm not sure if it would really benefit a game like this much.

I'd consider that main pack for 75% off if I had any personal interest in the tracks they're offering.. def enjoyed the UK routes I tried out, but getting to conduct the Northeast USA Amtrak stuff I take fairly often was what made it worth it for me.

It can be really beautiful, though there's certainly some crappy assets in there. Not turned all the way up, but I love the details on the controls:

iSZbPLQmHd1DH.jpg
iz5Drr5vx1kzP.jpg

Nabs

Ace of Spades was a lot of fun during the alpha/beta, but I guess they changed it and disappointed some fans. I'm still kind of interested in it, but I'll probably skip it this time.

Wads

Banned
All I want is a good price on skyrim and the walking dead. Hopefully I haven't missed it. Guessing no based on the posts here.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I remember having the hardest time getting Condemned to work well with my 360 controller, anyone else have the same problems?

Milamber

That's the one I'm waiting on. Waiting being the key word. I started it on iPad, but I'll probably get the rest of the episodes cheaper by just getting the PC version.

Saves aren't still messed up in it, are they?

It's a 50/50 thing. Some people, it just works and some, it doesn't even register your past choices next episode. I'm in the latter, unfortunately.

Chance in hell Go will go cheaper before the end of the sale?

I played a lot of the beta but don't really feel like it's worth more than 5 bucks for me.

kswiston

I guess you missed out on the Bethesda bundle pricing error last night... Me too, I feel your pain.

How long was that even up for? Anytime there is a large scale pricing error it seems to last for all of 3 minutes (in which time, 9000 gaffers managed to get in on the deal and act like those who missed it live under a rock).

Milamber

How long was that even up for? Anytime there is a large scale pricing error it seems to last for all of 3 minutes (in which time, 9000 gaffers managed to get in on the deal and act like those who missed it live under a rock).

It was up for like 6 hours but it was extremely hard to even load the site.

Nabs

I hope you all vote for The Walking Dead even though it's 50% off on Gamefly (and even cheaper with coupons).

xJavonta

Banned
If I buy the Counter Strike complete set and I already own CS:S, will I get an extra that I can gift to someone?

Also, I will fucking rage if Deadlight wins over TWD or even Deponia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom