• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick, everyone vote for Deponia. I really want that game and would love to see it get a 66% discount because the current discount of 66% isn't enough!

kswiston

Anyone who wants Walking Dead can already buy it for $10 on Gamefly by entering the HOLIDAY20 code in at your order review. That's cheaper than this community vote deal will end up being.

Wads

Banned
I hope you all vote for The Walking Dead even though it's 50% off on Gamefly (and even cheaper with coupons).

Thx for the heads up. I think that matches the cheapest steam price so far. I didn't know gamefly even started doing direct downloads. Might snag it from there. Kind of holding out for steam though. I'm assuming at a minimum it will be at least as cheap as 50% off. Let's hope for 66% or 75%.

Anyone who wants Walking Dead can already buy it for $10 on Gamefly by entering the HOLIDAY20 code in at your order review. That's cheaper than this community vote deal will end up being.

edit, oh even better! Thanks

Skytylz

Banned
I've done pretty good so far, haven't bought to much.

Sleeping Dogs (GMG) $12
Natural Selection 2 $10
Dead Island $7

I'm hoping to keep it under $50 at the end of the sale. Not sure what else I want so I may be done. I do want Far Cry 3, but I'm not sure if we are gonna get any worthwhile discount on that anywhere. Would be great if I could use the $6 credit I got for buying Sleeping Dogs, fingers crossed!

kswiston

Thx for the heads up. I think that matches the cheapest steam price so far. I didn't know gamefly even started doing direct downloads. Might snag it from there. Kind of holding out for steam though. I'm assuming at a minimum it will be at least as cheap as 50% off. Let's hope for 66% or 75%.

That 50% off you see in the Community vote section is going to be as cheap as The Walking Dead gets during this Steam sale. Daily Deals, Flash Deals, and Community Choice deals are all the same discount if they are repeated.

Jak140

It was pretty obvious Ace of Spades would win given that it's been highest on the list of indie sellers even before the sale. Sure question the taste of the people voting, but I can't see why anyone would be surprised it won.

RkOwnage

I own The Walking Dead but I gave it my vote just because more people need to play it! GOTY? Debatable....but worth your time? You betcha!!!

feel

Chance in hell Go will go cheaper before the end of the sale?

I played a lot of the beta but don't really feel like it's worth more than 5 bucks for me.
It won't go lower during this sale.

And FWIW the game's overall quality has improved a lot since the beta.

C-Drive

Is it easy getting the Steam keys off of Gamefly? I thought I read a post saying that it required downloading a client and digging it out.

Nabs

Is it easy getting the Steam keys off of Gamefly? I thought I read a post saying that it required downloading a client and digging it out.

You don't have to download anything, it's all on the site. You just have to go to your account and look up the order details.

kswiston

Make your purchase, then go to your account. Under Account history you will see your order history. Click on the appropriate order and the key is in there. No client needed.

baconcow

You need a client for GameStop / Impulse. I GameFly, it is on your purchase history. For example, mine says:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Product Code
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Le-mo

Spent $15 so far on Amnesia: Dark Descent, Limbo, Dear Esther, and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Waiting for Mark of the Ninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom