• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Hmm, I wonder if Lone Survivor will go cheaper as a daily/flash de-----

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS DUMMY.

Phew, I'm good now.

GlassBox

Banned
Got XCOM thanks to the gamefly deal that was so helpfully posted in this thread. :)

Only other game I need is Dark Souls. I'm sure it will probably be a sale at some point, but I'm wary of Steam now in terms of their reduction offers. I thought I heard talk about Amazon doing a Dark Souls PC download special soon? (and does it give a Steam Key like gamefly does?)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I will settle for even a 66% :( I need to buy 2 copies. The cheaper the better.

I'm so entitled to it.

66% is a possibility given the game's general discount of 40%, although it wouldn't surprise me if the game's deeper discount is a relatively mere 50%.

Rhode Island owns the rights now and they probably have no idea wtf Steam is.

There's clearly an agreement in place that sees the game continued to be sold on Steam, though. I thought the game would be pulled not long after 38 Studios closed its doors, but here we are, some seven months later, and it's still up.

This round of Community's choice is a real hard one. This is the first time I've ever seen Deponia and it looks positively hilarious. I've been waiting on Mark of the Ninja and Deadlight price drops so I want Deadlight... and they even put TWD in the this round of picks.

I can't decide which game I should vote for. What are the chances that we will see a similar $12.50 price during the upcoming Amazon sale for TWD? I'd say pretty good...

Cyrillus

I realize that the #1 rule of Steam sales is "WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS", but I didn't really follow the summer sale because I was broke, and as such I didn't check to see how Flash Deals and Community's Choice deals factor into that rule. I assume it still stands?

Reason I ask particularly in this case is whether I should grab an Ace of Spades 4-pack now, or, you know, WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS!

mannerbot

I realize that the #1 rule of Steam sales is "WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS", but I didn't really follow the summer sale because I was broke, and as such I didn't check to see how Flash Deals and Community's Choice deals factor into that rule. I assume it still stands?

Reason I ask particularly in this case is whether I should grab an Ace of Spades 4-pack now, or, you know, WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS!

Flash == daily == community choice in terms of percent off.

JaseC

Short of a mistake, the Community's Choice and Flash Sale discounts will be identical to those seen on Daily Deals.

Edit: Beaten.

baconcow

This round of Community's choice is a real hard one. This is the first time I've ever seen Deponia and it looks positively hilarious.

This is an easy Community Choice vote, there are only 2 choices. Deponia is 66% for the remainder of the Steam sale, so choosing it to remain at 66% would be pointless.

RyL

Banned
// Done! Big thanks to NekoToshiro

Can someone gift me Dead Island? It's not available here in Germany.
I still live in Germany and will probably spend christmas over here instead of Trentino where I'm acutally from. (I was supposed to be back home actually but because of work I'm still here)

Payment via paypal + fees = 7.50USD I think?

(also, I'm gonna pay first just to be sure... because my credit card/bank account acts funny sometimes with paypal, denying payment etc. but that happens very rarely)

pm me if interested

JaseC

I still live in Germany and will probably spend christmas over here instead of Trentino where I'm acutally from. (I was supposed to be back home actually but because of work I'm still here)

(also, I'm gonna pay first just to be sure... because my credit card/bank account acts funny sometimes with paypal, denying payment etc. but that happens very rarely)

pm me if interested

It's currently $6 on Amazon. All you need to do is add/use a US billing address (any US Google office will suffice).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

pm me if interested

I will help you out.

Edit- Looks like Jase has a better plan.

AlexBasch

Well shit, I was hoping to get it on Steam if it went cheaper than that, but now I'm double angry since it doesn't seem it will drop on PSN, wanted to share it with a friend. :/

EDIT: I'll be forever angry at how I'm supposed to shell out 6 dollars to get that Ryder White DLC since I already own Dead Island. Meh.

Well shit, I was hoping to get it on Steam if it went cheaper than that, but now I'm double angry since it doesn't seem it will drop on PSN, wanted to share it with a friend. :/

EDIT: I'll be forever angry at how I'm supposed to shell out 6 dollars to get that Ryder White DLC since I already own Dead Island. Meh.

Isn't that considered illegal?

Yeah, the third game has a vague release date of next year, so perhaps there'll be an ArmA fire sale of sorts during the Summer Sale.

Good point. I remember when Activision had a huge sale on all there COD stuff when one of the new ones was coming out. . . .

What does ArmA stand for? If it even stand for anything.

ithorien

Steam version is, and some people might be selling the Steamworks version, but be sure to check first.

For instance, I think retail isn't.

Thanks. Yea I'll get it off Amazon if anything but now I'm kicking myself about not getting the complete pack on black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom