• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
New GMG deals:

Lego Lord of the Rings (Steam Key) - 8,75€
The Last Remnant (Steam Key) - 2,60€
Red Orchestra 2 (Steam Key) - 3,15€ / $3.50

Use GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 to get the prices. LEGO LOTR will be cheaper on Amazon tomorrow, but might be a good deal if you have credit left.
No idea about UK or US prices since GMG doesn't let me know, so someone else needs to update on those.

Also, Devil May Cry 4 (Steam) is still cheap as hell for EU/UK people. A little over 2€ / £1.

Torraz

Community's Choice deal, possible it will be in the Daily Deals? The Walking Dead at 50% isn't very attractive imo, it's already that price at Gamefly UK, was hoping for 75% off :(

Yeah, Walking dead at 50% was already during several of the last few deals. Happy I picked it up then.

Lettuce

But....I wanted Hotline Miami.

Why would anyone vote for an indie MP game that no one will be playing in a week?

Must admit i would have thought Hotline Miami would of won easily!!, im calling BS on the voting system i demand an inquest!! Any chance of Hotline Miami appearing again??

jarosh

I hated Fly'n. Painfully boring, poor level design. And despite what you might think initially, the sound design is also quite bad. The music is dull and repetitive and doesn't fit the gameplay at all. But worst of all are the sound effects (so important for a "collectaton") and the sound mix. Everything lacks punch. And the controls don't help either; there's practically no momentum. As a result you frequently have to overcompensate and moving around feels imprecise.

Tomodachi

Community's Choice deal, possible it will be in the Daily Deals? The Walking Dead at 50% isn't very attractive imo, it's already that price at Gamefly UK, was hoping for 75% off :(
Should be cheaper from amazon starting 12/27 iirc.

Must admit i would have thought Hotline Miami would of won easily!!, im calling BS on the voting system i demand an inquest!! Any chance of Hotline Miami appearing again??
Hotline Miami is already cheaper than it would have been on the community sale at Gamefly.

Danj

I just installed Bluestacks , searched for the Steam app within the program, and installed it. Had no problems logging in.

Huh. Last time I tried Bluestacks, it seemed to install OK but the program wouldn't load. The notification icon thingy in the taskbar came up OK but every time you tried to open Bluestacks with it, nothing happened.

deleted

New GMG deals:

Lego Lord of the Rings (Steam Key) - 8,75€
The Last Remnant (Steam Key) - 2,60€
Red Orchestra 2 (Steam Key) - 3,15€ / $3.50

Use GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 to get the prices. LEGO LOTR will be cheaper on Amazon tomorrow, but might be a good deal if you have credit left.
No idea about UK or US prices since GMG doesn't let me know, so someone else needs to update on those.

Also, Devil May Cry 4 (Steam) is still cheap as hell for EU/UK people. A little over 2€ / £1.

Do we already know the LEGO LOTR price for Amazon? How much cheaper will it be?

With XCom, Dark Souls (what about that 01.01. price?) and Iron Brigade the only set game to buy this sale-season.

Never had the chance to try it, but the reviews are quite mixed. What makes it so good in your eyes?

Combat system is a bit love it and hate it but I really loved it, basically instead of controlling every character you control several squads and give context sensitive orders to them.

The music is also great, the story isn't too brilliant but there's some great characters in there.

Main problems with the game originally (on 360) was that it ran like complete ass, had long loading times, horrible texture pop-in, awful framerate.

PC version fixed a lot of the problems and also improved the battle system as well, you can know have an entire party of unique leaders as opposed to generic soldiers, you can also speed up battles which makes all JRPGs better

EDIT: Oh and HD towns!

First time using Origin to download BF3.

Damn, this is slow. Got 800 KB/sec downloading Sleeping Dogs earlier, getting 250 downloading BF3.

(This isn't a Steam v Origin thing, I'm just posting here because I got the BF3 deal here!)

Dina

I played 117 hours of Dark Souls on Windows 8, it works. When you say "All the GFWL fixes" what does that include? Have you uninstalled all traces of GFWL from your machine and installed the very latest version of it? The latest version is only found in Microsoft Flight, which is free. It has fixed many people's issues with GFWL and Windows 8. I'd start there if you haven't already tried it.

Right, I was a bit premature. The newest version of GFWL marketplace reinstalling fixed everything, for some weird reason.

coopolon

Damn it, I did not realize that the Gamefly codes were going to expire. I guess now all my hopes for a good price will on dishonored rest on gmg doing 50 percent while the thirty percent coupons are still good.

red731

Bought Fly'n and Lone Survivor.
Played a little of LS and yea, so far so good. I dig the..everything.

I really want cheaper Dark Souls now. Would buy it from amazon, but that's only for US people only...

kurahador

First time using Origin to download BF3.

Damn, this is slow. Got 800 KB/sec downloading Sleeping Dogs earlier, getting 250 downloading BF3.

(This isn't a Steam v Origin thing, I'm just posting here because I got the BF3 deal here!)

Steam download speed still depends on the game though. Less popular game usually has the download speed crawl.

I don't think so :-(

But I just saw that it already is off 66% anyway.

But the vote is for 75% man... :/

Xater

Because this thread here is super busy right now I'll post it here:

I still have 3 DOTA2 invites left. If anyone wants one PM me your e-mail.

Trying this again, since yesterday I did not have much luck. Can somebody gift me the steam code of XCOM from Gamefly US with the coupon code if that is still valid? Will Paypal immediately.

Facism

so how does one from the UK go about getting dark souls from amazon USA? Will it be ok to register said code to a UK steam account?

i need cheap dark souls like i need air to breathe :< :<

Facism

Am i okay using a Dark Souls Steam Key from amazon USA on my UK account? Sorry for being impatient but I don't want to pass this up if it's alright for me to do so and won't lead to an account suspension.

Am i okay using a Dark Souls Steam Key from amazon USA on my UK account? Sorry for being impatient but I don't want to pass this up if it's alright for me to do so and won't lead to an account suspension.

I've bought a few games from Amazon.com with a US address and I've run into no issues, I'm downloading DS as I type this.

Put $20 into my steam wallet the only game i want is Batman AC:GoTY, it was on the flash deal first day I know it will be back on the daily deals...this sale looking for Quality over Quantity, bought 8 games last sale only played 2, this sale I want to buy 2-3 games and play them all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom