• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage Done so far:

Darksiders Franchise
Sim City 4
Forge (don't buy)
The Walking Dead
The Last Remnant
Stalker Bundle
Dawn of War Collection
Devil May Cry Bundle

For such a shitty sale I'm still getting my wallet emptied.

Damage so far:

Ace of spades - £3.49

I think I've hit the point where I own everything cheap and the other stuff isn't cheap enough yet :/

Well, got Dark Crusade finally. First purchase this sale, waiting for the Ys games again and some Sleeping Dogs dlcs, can't imagine wanting anything more for now.

I haven't bought anything. Feels like these games have been on sale off and on all year... years even. By the way, is there an easy way to limit download speed on Steam? trying to play a multi-player game while downloading

I hear there's still problems with the save games carrying over to the next episode, anyone know if that got fixed? Should I just pick it up for the cheap price anyway and then wait for the patch?

The save glitches haven't been fixed and Telltale openly said that they don't have plans for a patch for the PC version.

I got in the Autumn sale and regret it. Attempted to play it two times and both times my save games got screwed up during or before Episode 3.
Some users on the Telltale forums (which are full of complaints) came up with solutions for the glitches, but that didn't work for me. And what did Telltale do about it? Nothing. What a shitty company.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I very much enjoyed playing through SoC and Clear Sky but it's very hard for me to recommend Stalker to just anyone. It's vague both in terms of story and getting used to the gameplay mechanics. Once you find your stride, though, SoC is a fantastic experience of dealing with radiation anomalies, rummaging through spooky mutant-infested facilities, and looting the bodies of bandit camps you must tactically take out. Also there's a bit of non-fleshed out survival mechanics (sleep, hunger, blood)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I keep tabs on each big Steam on a Google doc and I noticed that in the last 3 big sales (Summer and Winter 2011 and Summer 2012) each time I spend more money. I also remember thinking that each sale was worse than the earlier. And if things go as they seem on these first 3 days, I might spend even more money this time around.

I don't know about these sales being so bad as people say/perceive.

Grief.exe

I keep tabs on each big Steam on a Google doc and I noticed that in the last 3 big sales (Summer and Winter 2011 and Summer 2012) each time I spend more money. I also remember thinking that each sale was worse than the earlier. And if things go as they seem on these first 3 days, I might spend even more money this time around.

I don't know about these sales being so bad as people say/perceive.

A lot of it is the fact that people have already acquired most of the games they want. So from their perspective its a 'bad' sale because they already own all the games.
For some reason people struggle to look past that objectively. I got a couple friends like that on steam who always message me about it. Annoys me to no end.

It is arguable that it has been a poor sale on steams part since they are getting stomped by amazon, GMG, etc.

Yay chivalry.

Everyone buy this game.

You won't regret it.

Danj

The save glitches haven't been fixed and Telltale openly said that they don't have plans for a patch for the PC version.

I got in the Autumn sale and regret it. Attempted to play it two times and both times my save games got screwed up during or before Episode 3.
Some users on the Telltale forums (which are full of complaints) came up with solutions for the glitches, but that didn't work for me. And what did Telltale do about it? Nothing. What a shitty company.

Well crap. Oh well, let's see if there's anything nice in the Daily Deals.

That Walking Dead would be so good if this glitch wasn't around. Grabbing it for iOS then.

So, Future Soldier... any good? You have less than 1 minute to convince me!

Worst Steam Sale ever. At this rate I'll buy more off Amazon than Steam during the course of the sale.

EDIT: Whoa, did the prices just change? This looks better now.

An-Det

Was only showing 5 deals for me, then on a refresh it reverted back to yesterday's deals. It's always fun when Steam breaks during the sales.

SJRB

Gold Member
Still no Spec Ops, goddamnit.

And seriously, Saints Row the Third? Anyone who ever wanted to play that game picked it up during the humble bundle two weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom