• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Today's deals seems very nice. I heard Portal never was given for free and I bet lot's of people do not own it because it never goes on sale. Saints Row 3 is also a great deal. I bet it was impossible to get it in a recent bundle with other games for the same price.

Come on Garry, might as well put Bad Rats in a discount. THAT is something I don't own myself, ha.

Volcynika

Still no Spec Ops, goddamnit.

And seriously, Saints Row the Third? Anyone who ever wanted to play that game picked it up during the humble bundle two weeks ago.

They don't go "Hey this game has been in ___ bundle, don't put it on sale!"

Hey, wasn't Street Fighter $9.99 during their Thanksgiving sale? Why is it higher this time?

Capcom and sales are....weird.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm thinking of buying the Walking Dead. Is it still rittled with bugs and other problems? If it is, is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Decado

The save glitches haven't been fixed and Telltale openly said that they don't have plans for a patch for the PC version.

I got in the Autumn sale and regret it. Attempted to play it two times and both times my save games got screwed up during or before Episode 3.
Some users on the Telltale forums (which are full of complaints) came up with solutions for the glitches, but that didn't work for me. And what did Telltale do about it? Nothing. What a shitty company.

Wow...you'd think reviews would have mentioned a huge bug like that. Can't believe this game/season has been getting GOTY nods when it is completely broken. Yay game journalism :\

Shoogoo

I'm seeing just 4 dailies. Can someone with a full set post a screenshot here?

1EolD

6th one is portal franchise

blazeuk

Was waiting for Anno to show up, was hoping for an offer on the pack though, but it's still only showing 17% off. 75% off would have been nicer too...

nan0

The Saints Row 3 Season Pass DLC is also 75% off, maybe interesting for those who got it via the Humble THQ Bundle.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Isn't Super Street Fighter IV cheaper if you have Street Fighter IV?

I remember that I bought it for a couple of friends last year because of that and some % mistake.

shaowebb

My damage is huge since Im getting $100 cash from someone for X-mas tomorrow (found out early) just for this. Its not in gift card form so I can just deposit the loot to my account to cover this.

Damage:
Street Fighter 4 AE
Daedalic Bundle
Magical Drop V
Toki Tori
Darksiders Franchise Bundel
Dear Esther
Devil May Cry 4
La Mulana Greenlight bundle (eryi's action and wooden Sen Sey were my custom picks. All for around $2 and they will send steam keys once greenlit. Till now I got the exe)
Puzzle Kingdoms
Puzzle Pirates
Puzzle Quest
Rotastic
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
Universe Sandbox

TOTAL DAMAGE =$124-ish and thats with me adding in The Book of Unwritten Tales +Critter Chronicles items I bought on sale on the 18th. So overall not bad. I spent about $24 of my own hard earned and thoroughly enjoyed the $100 gift.
and for a friend I bought Toki Tori, Puzzle Quest, and Y's Origin and received Fortune Summoner. Also I bought Espgaluda 2 from the app store because bluestacks lets me play that on my PC now!

I don't think I have anything left to grab off the steam sale that Im after though so I may be done.

Exuro

The Saints Row 3 Season Pass DLC is also 75% off, maybe interesting for those who got it via the Humble THQ Bundle.
What does that come with? The page is pretty void of information.

EDIT:Nevermind, looks like 3 dlc packs. honestly unless the rest of the dlc in the full thing is crap it looks better to just buy the full thing for $7.49

How active is PC Street Fighter 4 online? And are there any problems with hacks etc? 10$ is a lot cheaper than renewing my XBLA for 60$ and the main reason I'd do that is to play more SF4 online.

Volcynika

I have a leftover copy from a 4-pack of Chivalry from the last sale that I can trade for equal value on Steam.

EDIT: Deadbeat got to me first.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How active is PC Street Fighter 4 online? And are there any problems with hacks etc? 10$ is a lot cheaper than renewing my XBLA for 60$ and the main reason I'd do that is to play more SF4 online.

No hacks. I never played it on the consoles, but it seems it has a lot less people.

I still play it weekly and I can always find other people on non-ranked matches (I like to play with friends on endless battle). Every time I try a ranked match I get a match instantly.

Also, it's cheap enough. If I were you, i'd buy it and try it out.

nan0

What does that come with? The page is pretty void of information.

EDIT:Nevermind, looks like 3 dlc packs. honestly unless the rest of the dlc in the full thing is crap it looks better to just buy the full thing for $7.49

The season pass includes the 3 DLC packs which have additional missions, the other (cheaper) DLC stuff is mainly costumes and weapons I don't care about.

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Season_Pass

Does it have all the DLC included? Is it worth it?

No, it just includes Gangstas in Space, The Trouble with Clones and the Genkibowl DLC.

Tomodachi

Come on. Edmund and Tommy seem like cool guys, if a little weird and awkward. What bothered you? The parts with Fish can be a little hard to watch, but the rest?
I didn't like Tommy trashing hi-profile titles and companies (I mean, he might even be right but first of all there's gotta be respect for people, regardless of what they produce) and Edmund with the whole "troubled artist, harsh childhood", gee. And Fish. I get that the internet hate machine can be bothersome but are you really talking about your fans like that? Blow seemd a nice enough guy though.
But anyway, I like their games and the movie was bundled (basically free) so no biggie :p

MutFox

Banned
"The Walking Dead" is this the full game?
or will there be more episodes?

Don't want to buy the game if I gotta keep getting episodes...
Rather wait until it's complete... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom