• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaNaab

FYI, SFIV AE for the PC has the best netcode for that game. I haven't played it in sometime but I own AE for 360/PS3 and PC. For whatever reason, green bars are much much more common but playing against Japan from North America is still not ideal.

"The Walking Dead" is this the full game?
or will there be more episodes?

Don't want to buy the game if I gotta keep getting episodes...
Rather wait until it's complete... :p

ibuawC04TLYQeL.png

LuuKyK

"The Walking Dead" is this the full game?
or will there be more episodes?

Don't want to buy the game if I gotta keep getting episodes...
Rather wait until it's complete... :p

Its the full "first season" on sale, which means all 5 episodes it had. There will be no more episodes for it. If there is more to come they will start a new "season" or whatever they are called.

Edit: lol beaten and I never noticed it was in the banner.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Crap, I almost forgot to get F.E.A.R. I'd be on the fence about it, but I finally made up my mind and bought it. As for Walking Dead, I think I'll get it, even at only 50% it's a good deal, and I don't feel like waiting it out for a better day (it'll probably be £5 somewhere tomorrow). Also, really want to listen to the bombcast GOTY deliberations, and I imagine that will be incredibly spoilerific, plus I just want to play it and catch up on the neogaf spoiler thread.
Ring me up if you ever are in the mood for some F.E.A.R. 3 co-op, I wanna try it. Steam's ID is the same as my GAF username.

Two things about Walking Dead

- don't put prefs.prop into the steam game folder. that just stops the game from saving your progress
- don't stop playing after an episode ends, get to the first checkpoint of the next episode

do that and you're fine.

Help guys

If someone is willing to send me DA:O Ultimate Edition. I would be willing to give Civ V:GOTY. The game is not available in my region. If you want something else, do let me know.

My Steam ID is rahulkadukar

bigace33

No Mark of the Ninja or No Rayman Origins? This sale has been incredibly disappointing so far. That being said, I have bought more games this sale than any other sale. Most from other sites, but nearly all are steam keys.

Dragon Age Origins Complete -7.50
Sine Mora- 1.00
Deponia- 6.00
Hitman Absolution- 19.00
I am Alive- 5.00
Skyrim - 15.00
The Walking Dead- 10.00
Moneky Island Special Edition-2.50
Sleeping Dogs-11.90
Xcom- 19.00
Alpha Protocol-7.50
The Witcher Enhanced Edition-2.50
Devil May Cry - 4.95
Splinter Cell Conviction-4.99
Dishonored-17.00

Total damage so far = 133.84. Not bad. Have maybe 3 or 4 more games that I want to get.

Torraz

No Mark of the Ninja or No Rayman Origins? This sale has been incredibly disappointing so far. That being said, I have bought more games this sale than any other sale. Most from other sites, but nearly all are steam keys.

Seeing as how Shank 1 and 2 are both in humble bundles, Mark of the Ninja should be in one in the future.

Toki767

Seeing as how Shank 1 and 2 are both in humble bundles, Mark of the Ninja should be in one in the future.

Microsoft published so it may not happen.

Also, I don't know how you can call the sale disappointing if you've spent over $130 in 4 days...

Pretty sure Amazon has been beating Steam in sales since last year's Winter Sale.

Finally picked up Chivalry, tried to get it at GMG when it had its sale a couple weeks back but they're now inexplicably tagged as a gambling site for my CC despite being fine before.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Another round of uninspiring deals.

Does the Winter Holiday sale usually last for 15 or 16 days or whatever it is this time? Or are they experimenting with a longer time frame this year?

bigace33

Microsoft published so it may not happen.

Also, I don't know how you can call the sale disappointing if you've spent over $130 in 4 days...

Pretty sure Amazon has been beating Steam in sales since last year's Winter Sale.

Most of those were from other sites though. Not steam.

Tizoc

Damages so far:
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age Origins Awakening
Fly'n
Mirror's Edge
Ys Origin
Ys OiF

All for $27.44.
...so far so good!

Concept17

What are the chances Chivalry will see a flash sale for 75% rather than 50% it is on today's deals? Its fairly new so I assume none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom