• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portal 2 for 5.00 is looking pretty good to me, I've procrastinated on getting this game for long enough! First buy of the sale for me so far. Now just waiting for Awesomenauts 75% off flash deal and I'll be golden.

oneils

Last year's Christmas/Winter Sale (which is what I assume he was indirectly referring to) had 12 Dailies.

That is what I was talking about. They have cut it in half. I guess they are trying to push the whole community voting and flash sale stuff. To me its just simpler if you just have a larger list of games on sale for the daily.

Hmm, pretty good set of deals, none for me but still good. People need to calm down with all the over reaction. They're not going to release every game for 90% every day. A lot of sale left and good competition from other sites to keep things competitive.

No Mark of the Ninja or No Rayman Origins? This sale has been incredibly disappointing so far. That being said, I have bought more games this sale than any other sale. Most from other sites, but nearly all are steam keys.

Dragon Age Origins Complete -7.50
Sine Mora- 1.00
Deponia- 6.00
Hitman Absolution- 19.00
I am Alive- 5.00
Skyrim - 15.00
The Walking Dead- 10.00
Moneky Island Special Edition-2.50
Sleeping Dogs-11.90
Xcom- 19.00
Alpha Protocol-7.50
The Witcher Enhanced Edition-2.50
Devil May Cry - 4.95
Splinter Cell Conviction-4.99
Dishonored-17.00

Total damage so far = 133.84. Not bad. Have maybe 3 or 4 more games that I want to get.

Where did you find Sine Mora for 1 (dollar I assume)?

Decado

No Mark of the Ninja or No Rayman Origins? This sale has been incredibly disappointing so far. That being said, I have bought more games this sale than any other sale. Most from other sites, but nearly all are steam keys.

Dragon Age Origins Complete -7.50
Sine Mora- 1.00
Deponia- 6.00
Hitman Absolution- 19.00
I am Alive- 5.00
Skyrim - 15.00
The Walking Dead- 10.00
Moneky Island Special Edition-2.50
Sleeping Dogs-11.90
Xcom- 19.00
Alpha Protocol-7.50
The Witcher Enhanced Edition-2.50
Devil May Cry - 4.95
Splinter Cell Conviction-4.99
Dishonored-17.00

Total damage so far = 133.84. Not bad. Have maybe 3 or 4 more games that I want to get.
Where did you get Sine Mora for $1, TWD for $10 and Dishonored for $17? I bow to your superior deal hunting skills.

fokkusu

I own already the game and if I buy Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package, do I get giftable copy or will I only receive the DLC for myself?

Petrie

Banned
So I'm actually going to play one of my newer games later. Gaf, pick for me:

Doom: BFG (never played a Doom before)
Fallout: NV (played on 360)
Skyrim (played on 360)
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (never played one of their titles before)
Galactic Civ 2

Probably figure out how to mod Skyrim and NV to see what PC gamers are all on about with them being so much better. And go!

So I'm actually going to play one of my newer games later. Gaf, pick for me:

Doom: BFG (never played a Doom before)
Fallout: NV (played on 360)
Skyrim (played on 360)
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (never played one of their titles before)
Galactic Civ 2

Probably figure out how to mod Skyrim and NV to see what PC gamers are all on about with them being so much better. And go!

Doom, the others you have already played and trust me you can't learn how to play gal civ in one night.

bigace33

Where did you get Sine Mora for $1, TWD for $10 and Dishonored for $17? I bow to your superior deal hunting skills.

Got the Sine Mora from Greenman. Used the $6 credit I got from Sleeping Dogs+the 30% off coupon to get it for $1. Got Dishonored from a fellow Gaffer who bought the Bethesda/ Gamersgate major screw up bundle. He sold me the game for $17. TWD should still be $10 on Gamefly with coupon. I forget what the coupon is, but it has been posted in this thread.

Portugeezer

I am thinking about getting this Chivalry Medieval Warfare, but want the best deal possible on Steam. Was 33% off, now 50%.

It's a fairly new game so 50% seems good, how low did it go in the Autumn sale?

I am thinking about getting this Chivalry Medieval Warfare, but want the best deal possible on Steam. Was 33% off, now 50%.

It's a fairly new game so 50% seems good, how low did it go in the Autumn sale?
Outside of using an additional coupon on GMG, this is as low as the sale prices have gone for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom