• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

If Binary Domain is half the game Vanquish is then it's easily worth 6.24. Going to fire up the demo and see if I like it...

LuchaShaq

Banned
You rather experience games in lower resolution, with worse textures and lower framerate?

I see.

Some people like me vastly prefer controller/tv for this type of game.

Not everyone can afford a second PC for the living room or wants to deal with the hassle of moving my PC upstairs/downstairs whenever I want to play it. Not to mention both me the dog and the gf would all likely die from clumsiness if I tried to run a 60 foot hdmi cable from the pc upstairs to the tv downstairs.

There's no reason to be an elitist jerk about it.

I was on the fence about Anno 2070 because the game itself sounds really great but after googling the drm/uplay a bit, it sounds like a real pain in the ass. I'll wait for $10 for the whole package and I'll crack it. Way to lose a sale, assholes.

Necrovex

I was about to boot up Hitman Absolution, which I got from Amazon's sale, and play more of it, then the game's DX11 broke on me. :-(

I know this has probably been asked before, but is that the cheapest TWD is going to get this sale?

Wasn't Chivalry 75% off on the last sale? At least during a flash deal or something, I think. Hmmm...

I'm regretting putting some stuff off from the last sale. Winter deals aren't as uh... hot.

ßthePenguin;45707574 said:
You use an xbox controller?

Friend of mine just had that issue, found a fix on the forums:

"Solution! Game won't run if you use Xbox360 Controller and Windows 8. Download file dinput8.dll from this post on TellTale forum and put it in game folder (SteamApps\common\The Walking Dead). This will help you."

Thanks, that fix works for me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Binary Domain was a joke game that gaf recommended when they found out SEGA wasn't doing so well?

It is not. It's a really fun game, the story is nice, the characters are freaking amazing, the gameplay is above average and it's so much fun to play. Did I say it's fun?

One of my favourite games this gen. And I hated GoW.

Jomjom

Banned
Everyone get Binary Domain. If you are tired of Gear's craptacular joke of a story you really owe it to yourself to get it.

Basically is one of the only two examples of the East showing the West how shooters should be done (the other is Vanquish).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I have no more games to buy. I'm sad. I just waiting for next year now. My wallet is relieved however

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Not sure if it was posted before, Hitman Absolution is gonna be $15(with the $5 credit) on Jan 1st, at Amazon.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bug off! Wankerrrrrr! Tah mate!

It's raining money!

If there is a damn person on the fence about Killing Floor, Outside of TF2. This has probably been the best support game of the generation by a developer. They are still creating new content and helping foster the community. It's also one of the most active indie games on steam and has been for years.

It's worth your 5 dollars wankers, So come get some boys!

MRORANGE

Not even close. It's one of the best games to come out this year, and I'd say one of the best shooters this gen easy

It's actually amazing.

Binary Domain is just flat out fantastic.

It is not. It's a really fun game, the story is nice, the characters are freaking amazing, the gameplay is above average and it's so much fun to play. Did I say it's fun?

One of my favourite games this gen. And I hated GoW.

Still not sure...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Dammit.

My Steam Wallet has like 12 bucks left, which isn't enough to get what I want.

Like, I already need Sonic Generations to be a daily deal before the sale is over, but now Binary Domain is cheap and if I buy it I won't have enough, not to mention FTL and Hotline Miami and maybe it was a mistake quitting my job to go back to school and what am I doing with my life

I would love one.
If you have an extra, sure.
Not free

I wish I were so financially comfortable that I could gift AAA games on a whim. GAF would love me long time.
Depends... How much?
See:
I've still got an Nvidia code left over from my Black Friday escapades for anyone who might still be looking for Borderlands 2. I'm looking to get rid of it for $25 or so worth of Steam games.

Just mentioning it again since I'm really hoping to pick up some more of the titles that have caught my eye in the last couple of days.
I made a post about in the trading thread.

derExperte

It's worth your 5 dollars wankers, So come get some boys!

Wayne Rooney's smarter than you!

Still not sure...

Good, proceed with caution, GAFs infatuation with Binary Domain has in my opinion reached bizarre, even ridiculous levels. The game sure is fun but it will forever boggle my mind that so many people think the story is anything special or that annoying dumbasses like Bo make for good characters. Some have their moments (Cain especially) but overall I don't really get it.

Santiako

Wayne Rooney's smarter than you!

Good, proceed with caution, GAFs infatuation with Binary Domain has in my opinion reached bizarre, even ridiculous levels. The game sure is good but it will forever boggle my mind that so many people think the story is anything special or that annoying dumbasses like Bo make for good characters. Some have their moments (Cain especially) but overall I don't really get it.

bitch01koq.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Good, proceed with caution, GAFs infatuation with Binary Domain has in my opinion reached bizarre, even ridiculous levels. The game sure is good but it will forever boggle my mind that so many people think the story is anything special or that annoying dumbasses like Bo make for good characters. Some have their moments (Cain especially) but overall I don't really get it.

The only reason I'm still cautious is precisely because of gaf's tendency to massively over hype niche japanese games that weren't received well and then I buy into the hype and play it only to be like "...really gaf?". Fell for it with Nier and I fell for it with dragon's dogma so I'm naturally hesitant.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Don't act so surprised, it is hardly a difficult accomplishment. Gears of War is completely awful.

The only reason I'm still cautious is precisely because of gaf's tendency to massively over hype niche japanese games that weren't received well and then I buy into the hype and play it only to be like "...really gaf?". Fell for it with Nier and I fell for it with dragon's dogma so I'm naturally hesitant.

Binary Domain is a 7-8 out of 10 game. It's mechanically competent but overall lacks the fluidity/polish of western developed third person shooters and the story is an unlicensed retelling of the old anime Armitage III/Dual matrix. For the price its a good buy.

bigace33

Binary Domain is not even close to being an amazing game. It's far from being crap, but GAF hype is just overkill at this point. $6 is about what the game is worth in my opinion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You don't know it yet, but you really gifted them to everyones favourite gaffer Yoshichan!
It's an automatic process that happens to everyone. You just have to deal with it.

._.

Also, Lone Survivor is way too scary for me... wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom