• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

donny2112

I own Orange Box on 360 and have Portal and Portal 2 on Steam. I'm still considering buying these. Ummm.

These say they require Steamworks to work. Does that mean they install through Steam as if they were bought on Steam, then?

Edit:
If they do activate on Steam, would the Portal 2 one do nothing, since I already have it, or would it convert it into a gift code?

d1rtn4p

Probably a dumb question, but I havent played a fighter since Street Fighter II on SNES. Is Street Fighter IV a good fighter?

Do the Community Deals have a chance of getting cheaper in a Flash deal?

And I'll be waiting on a 75% discount on Chivalry. I am confident it had that price during the Fall sale.

Fantasmo

So steam tells me I have the ultimate edition of Fallout New Vegas, but when I view the DLC on the steam store it doesnt show I have it. When I go in game, same thing.

Is there a special way to download the dlc? Even when I right click and pull up DLC on my games list, its not listed.

Fallout NV Ultimate includes all the NV DLC, so you can't buy them because that would just be silly. Start the game, and after finishing the conversation with the doctor, after you name your character and choose your perks and whatnot, and you head outside for the first time the missions should all pop up rapidly one at a time. Think of it as a separate version from Fallout New Vegas.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Do the Community Deals have a chance of getting cheaper in a Flash deal?

And I'll be waiting on a 75% discount on Chivalry. I am confident it had that price during the Fall sale.

according to Steamprices.com, it had a 50% discount on the Fall Sale.

On top of that, I would know, because I bought it then.

Cheddahz

Banned
The Walking Dead and Chivalry look fun and worth the money, but I only have $20 in my account at the moment and just found out that I'm having to drive to someone's house for dinner on Christmas, so I need to save my money for gas

jediyoshi

I own Orange Box on 360 and have Portal and Portal 2 on Steam. I'm still considering buying these. Ummm.

These say they require Steamworks to work. Does that mean they install through Steam as if they were bought on Steam, then?

Edit:
If they do activate on Steam, would the Portal 2 one do nothing, since I already have it, or would it convert it into a gift code?

Yep, they're codes that redeem on Steam. Redeeming something you own would do nothing, you'd have to manually hand it out.

any chance ArmaII combined ops will drop lower than $17? im assuming no?

I'd say there's quite a high chance [at least as high as you're going to get with a game that has sold so well at a pretty costly price]: there're a lot of dailies left and Bohemia will no doubt want to jump on the sale bandwagon one last time before the Day-Z standalone is released.

Cystm

All over Binary Domain for only 7 bucks! Picked up the DLC too for the hell of it. I can't wait to dig into this one.

Tomodachi

Somebody un-sell me on The Walking Dead, I know it's supposed to be amazing and exactly my genre and that it's so cheap but I won't be playing it for at least a few months. I need help >_>

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Somebody un-sell me on The Walking Dead, I know it's supposed to be amazing and exactly my genre and that it's so cheap but I won't be playing it for at least a few months. I need help >_>

Rule of thumb, if you aren't going to touch it for awhile, don't buy it unless it is really cheap.

It is a great game though.

PC savegames are fucked, it's never getting patched, and its basically a series of quicktime events strung around a choose your own adventure novel, without any actual gameplay to it.

Too hard an unsell?

Should i get Dead Island ($5.99) or LA Noire ($7.49)? Don't care about the price difference.

LA noire is a game that gives you a very specific experience. You work on cases, the details differ but the gameplay is essentially the same. If you think you would enjoy going over crime scenes looking for clues and talking to suspects (using specific evidence to support claims) then grab it.
I dig it.

Derrick01

Banned
Ugh I'm hesitating too much over pressing the buy button on binary domain. I think that's my instincts telling me it's not a very good game and I should wait for it to be $5. I'll probably save the money for a sensible Spec Ops deal.

JustinBB7

I thought the save game problem for walking dead was only if you already played a few episodes before the last couple eps came out. So new players should be fine right? If not that's pretty fucked up.

shaowebb

Skip Walking Dead for PC and go console if its got problems IMO. Its the season of sales and it'll likely have one on Amazon or elsewhere soon.

If you are into point click adventure in general and want some fun laughs I HIGHLY recommend The Book of Unwritten Tales. 20 hours of puzzle solving fun and all the insane dialogue trees you can play in. Its like playing a Terry Pratchett novel riddled with reference gags about nerd stuff if you know what to look for.

I played around in the Ark of the Covenant's Sand and it made the room suddenly get all warm <3

On Sale on Steam now.

Ugh I'm hesitating too much over pressing the buy button on binary domain. I think that's my instincts telling me it's not a very good game and I should wait for it to be $5. I'll probably save the money for a sensible Spec Ops deal.

It's a pretty good TPS with a cast that isn't the usual macho stereotypes. I wasn't really into it in the beginning, the first mission is kind of bland. After that it becomes quite enjoyable.

The story, while not entirely capitalized on, is a lot better than what you'd expect from the genre. Overall, a nice package.

You're talking about saving $1.24 here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom