• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait , how can you tell your eligibility ? Would be good to know!

Just go to your amazon account and check what games you've bought this year. If I understand the promotion correctly, then if you bought any game from the respective companies during this year, then you are eligible for a coupon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aha, but I just hope it works properly! Like if we add something from that prospective publisher, will it automatically be deducted? Or do we get email codes?

The possibilities!

I may be wrong on this since I've never used Amazon's promotional credit before, but I believe it'll automatically be applied to your account and factored into any relevant transactions.

sixclaws

Banned
I could've sworn I bought a few THQ games off Amazon this year, but I'm not seeing a single one in my order history. Could've totally gone for a $5 Spec Ops too. Oh well, it'll hit that price eventually.

I might be misunderstanding you, but Spec Ops was a Take Two game, so the THQ coupon wouldn't work for it, only the 2K coupon would work.

dreamfall

I may be wrong on this since I've never used Amazon's promotional credit before, but I believe it'll automatically be applied to your account and factored into any relevant transactions.

That would be rad!

And , whoa avatar change looks stellar as always!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I might be misunderstanding you, but Spec Ops was a Take Two game, so the THQ coupon wouldn't work for it, only the 2K coupon would work.

Yeah, you're not misunderstanding me. I'm just dumb, as it turns out. No Take Two games bought from Amazon this year either though.
iBVD6xPbv4rdL.png

Actually, looking through my order history, I'm surprised at how little I actually bought from Amazon in general this past year.

Type2

Oh, thats pretty awesome amazon! I should get one for each publisher at the least. Likely 4 from THQ. Now what to spend them on is the question.

neoism

lol got dark souls for 12.99 on amazon so good . gif.

steam get the fuck with it ... I would like to use dat 80 in meh wallet. :p

jsrv

Skyrim bounced back up to 50%... you guys think there's any chance it'll be a daily deal, or too popular?

I just want the DLCs

I'm an RPG guy, but Half Minute Hero always seemed too fast and erratic to me, -- how much content is there?
5 hours was the PSP version. And for 100% you had to play like 100 hours. Dont know if the PC version has more content. I hope they release 30 seconds hero 2 soon for the PC

Anyone knows if there will be a winterseal from Frozenbyte this time? I really wanna buy the Trine2 DLC, but guess its better to wait for the Winterseal.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
They Bleed Pixels is a great cross between hard-as-nails platformers like Super Meat Boy, a beat-em up, and Lovecraft and horror themes in an animated style. Really catchy music, a cool checkpoint system and enemies, and nice animated cutscenes between stages. Also has a lot of unlockables, including some really cool stages that were made for the game by other game developers that usually change up the pacing, objective, design, or aesthetics from the normal game.

If it sounds interesting, check it out. Lowest price it's ever been, and honestly a steal.

baconcow

I'm an RPG guy, but Half Minute Hero always seemed too fast and erratic to me, -- how much content is there?

If it is anything like the PSP one, that I have, there is a lot of content. I have not beat it all, but open the spoiler if you want to see a GameFAQs Walkthrough list of levels. Used spoiler tags so I don't ruin the modes for others since some are unlockable.

Game has four main modes [Hero 30, Evil Lord 30, Princess 30, and Knight 30], and two Hero extension modes [Hero 300 and Hero 3].

Hero 30 - 30 levels with multiple routes, majority of which have multiple routes
Evil Lord 30 - 30 levels, single route
Princess 30 - 30 levels, single route
Knight 30 - 30 levels, single route
Hero 300 - 300 second end chapter to Hero 30
Hero 3 - 3 second mode unlocked after beating Hero 300

More indepth walkthrough.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Reddit asked for NBA 2013, Amazon delivered. Twitter asked for Football Manager, Amazon delivered. I thought sales was decided by the publisher?

Retailers can request/suggest sales but it's the publisher that has the final say on whether or not the items go on sale and to what extent. For instance, Activision had a change of heart regarding Amazon's Black Ops + MW2 for $15 deal not long before it was scheduled to go live.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
ßthePenguin;45726015 said:
Hmmmg, if Resi 5 wins, will it be like the Gold version for consoles or what is it?
Unfortunately regular, Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape were never released to PC. You can play Versus though, and a twist on Mercs exclusive to the PC version that is like Mercs but with about 4x as many enemies. And the modding scene is good.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Giantbomb had a very positive Quicklook on LEGO LOTR. Seems to be widely received as the best LEGO game to date too.

IIRC the voice bits are directly ripped from the movies, right? Is it actually funny or more serious-ish?

Ok, in the process of Amazoning Lego LOTR, Lego Batman 2 and Dark Souls. People who recommended the lego games will probably be safe, since I am likely to never even install them at the rate my backlog is growing.

deleted

IIRC the voice bits are directly ripped from the movies, right? Is it actually funny or more serious-ish?

From what I've seen it is a good mixture of both with the humor of the other LEGO games thrown into the mix.

Sadly there is no 'Walk into Mordor' joke.. I bought it, maybe I'll have time next week to try it out - for some reason it's pretty high on my backlog list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom