• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Apparently this is a list of Steam daily deals that will happen (some have already been obviously)

EDIT: NOT A COMPLETE LIST

Alan Wake,
Amnesia: The Dark Descent,
Anno 2070,
Awesomenauts,
Bastion,
Castle Crashers,
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare,
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive,
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition,
Dead Island, Deadlight,
Deus Ex: Human Revolution,
Dishonored,
Dota 2,
Dungeon Defenders,
Endless Space,
F.E.A.R. 3,
F1 2012,
FTL: Faster Than Light,
Far Cry 3,
Football Manager 2013,
Forge,
Hotline Miami,
I Am Alive,
Just Cause 2,
L.A. Noire,
LIMBO,
Legend of Grimrock,
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013,
Mark of the Ninja,
Mirror's Edge,
Natural Selection 2,
PAYDAY: The Heist,
Prince of Persia,
Psychonauts,
RAGE,
Saints Row: The Third,
SimCity 4 Deluxe,
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion,
Sleeping Dogs,
Sniper Elite V2,
Spec Ops: The Line,
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition,
Terraria,
The Amazing Spider-Man,
The Binding of Isaac,
The Sims 3,
The Walking Dead,
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier,
Train Simulator 2012,
Tropico 4,
Wargame: European Escalation,
War of the Roses,
Worms Revolution,
XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Goldmund

5 hours was the PSP version. And for 100% you had to play like 100 hours. Dont know if the PC version has more content. I hope they release 30 seconds hero 2 soon for the PC

If it is anything like the PSP one, that I have, there is a lot of content. I have not beat it all, but open the spoiler if you want to see a GameFAQs Walkthrough list of levels. Used spoiler tags so I don't ruin the modes for others since some are unlockable.

Game has four main modes [Hero 30, Evil Lord 30, Princess 30, and Knight 30], and two Hero extension modes [Hero 300 and Hero 3].

Hero 30 - 30 levels with multiple routes, majority of which have multiple routes
Evil Lord 30 - 30 levels, single route
Princess 30 - 30 levels, single route
Knight 30 - 30 levels, single route
Hero 300 - 300 second end chapter to Hero 30
Hero 3 - 3 second mode unlocked after beating Hero 300

More indepth walkthrough.
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

wazoo

How long does it take to get the steam key from amazon for LOTR.

Steem stucked on "this order may take a while to be processed"

nevermind : I got the key

Torraz

Can someone from the US or someone with a creditcard please help me geet in on taht scribblenauts 7.50 deal? Would be very much appreciated. I could prepay you via paypal.

Apparently this is a list of Steam daily deals that will happen (some have already been obviously)

Awww hell no.

No TSW on that list :(.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Howlong does it take to get the steam key from amazon for LOTR.

Steem stucked on "this order may take a while to be processed"

Processing should take no longer than ~15 seconds. Has your card been charged?

Cronen

From what I've seen it is a good mixture of both with the humor of the other LEGO games thrown into the mix.

Sadly there is no 'Walk into Mordor' joke.. I bought it, maybe I'll have time next week to try it out - for some reason it's pretty high on my backlog list ;)

The closest thing you'll get is
An achievement for...well, walking in to Mordor on the world map!

Both of those are on their daily deals displayed on the homepage

True, but I think the discounts are probably larger than they should be. I checked the site about an hour ago after their new daily deals should have gone up and American Nightmare was listed at $3.75. GG is prone to pricing errors so it wouldn't be of any surprise if both of these were as well.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Aww man, I just told myself I was going to get Crusader Kings II if it went down to $12.50 for this sale. Doesn't look like it's going to happen if that list is right.

KNT-Zero

Dipping for Half Minute Hero! :3
That's the 96th game on my list. (I said that I had 97 before, but turns out that Steam also stores the demos you previously downloaded (????))

Even if true (source?) the list isn't complete, as there are way too few games listed.
No Rayman Origins makes me really sad though.

Yeah, I was really hoping to see that one discounted again... maybe Ubisoft is not so keen on discounting its games in favour of its own online service, which is weird considering EA still discounts games like Mirror's Edge, even though it's better treated in Origin (for its exclusive DLC, for example).

Yeah, I was really hoping to see that one discounted again... maybe Ubisoft is not so keen on discounting its games in favour of its own online service, which is weird considering EA still discounts games like Mirror's Edge, even though it's better treated in Origin (for its exclusive DLC, for example).

I started using uplay for Far Cry 3 and it's not too bad, so I would buy Rayman somewhere else, but it doesn't even activate on uplay. Ubisoft just makes it too hard for me to give them money.

Still got a Borderlands 2 code sitting around. Trying to get $25 worth of games. Willing to go lower for those who might not be willing to part with the extra $5.
Even assuming that list to be accurate, Deadlight could still appear as a Flash Sale or Community's Choice.
True
Deadlight is next to Dead Island, didn't get its own line.
Yeah, I missed it. Thanks for pointing that out. Deadlight and those games I mentioned above would make this Steam sale a roaring success as far as I'm concerned.

jediyoshi

oh cool. thanks for the extra library entries, nexuiz

mndMJ.jpg

dreamfall

If that list is true, I wonder how much the Daily will be for Far Cry 3! Do newer games typically have a >50% discount? Maybe it'll be 33% off?

Hmm, from buying Lego LOTR with my Borderlinx address I've received $5 promotional credit on Amazon... could get Dark Souls for $10. On the fence, here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, from buying Lego LOTR with my Borderlinx address I've received $5 promotional credit on Amazon... could get Dark Souls for $10. On the fence, here.

You can't use the credit until January, at which point Dark Souls will be $18, meaning you can nab it for $13.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, seeing that I'm being forced to use the mobile client exclusively for a few days now I have to say that it isn't bad, but it's missing a few things such as being able to display the full fucking catalog. Also there's no utility software page from what I can see.

Martian

I bought the Dawn of War collection, and hot dayum

Those games are a lot of fun.

I totally enjoyed Company of Heroes, but I had no idea it would be so alike!

Best purchase of this year!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Waking up and seeing that Bastion won = Best Christmas gift :D

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

It's AMAZING

baconcow

Waking up and seeing that Bastion won = Best Christmas gift :D

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

It's AMAZING

I wish I had bought a hundred HiB V... seems everyone is missing the amazing games from it (LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, Psychonauts, Bastion, Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid). There must be people that still have copies of this bundle.

I bought the Dawn of War collection, and hot dayum

Those games are a lot of fun.

I totally enjoyed Company of Heroes, but I had no idea it would be so alike!

Best purchase of this year!

I've recently began playing this again after a year away, and to no surprise its still quite fun... however i haven't been able to find any multiplayer games. Don't have retribution, so i'm debating whether or not to jump in on this collection, basically its 10 bucks for retribution, should i bite?

These steam sales are awesome, picked up both batman's and witcher 2 for less than 20 bucks!

surely been asked before but if I were to buy the Dawn of War franchise pack as a gift, would I receive individual keys for games or is it just the one big activation?

Got most myself and basically looking for the best way to get Retribution plus DLC and send the rest off to my brother.

Cheers in advance

Nymerio

surely been asked before but if I were to buy the Dawn of War franchise pack as a gift, would I receive individual keys for games or is it just the one big activation?

Got most myself and basically looking for the best way to get Retribution plus DLC and send the rest off to my brother.

Cheers in advance

Edit: Beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom