• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

haikira

EDIT: No Longer Accepting Entries!!!

Ok guys. I loved the hell out a game that came out this year, called They Bleed Pixels. Though i'm sad to see while on an amazing flash deal, it's only at #71. So i grabbed 3 copies and....

They Bleed Pixels Giveaway!!!
header9kubj.jpg

To enter is simple. PM me "I Want They Bleed Pixels" or something close to that.

I will pick three winners out of random, using a list of names and a random number generator.

I won't be accepting any entries past 2PM GMT. It's currently 12.30GMT. So it closes 90 minutes after this post.

Here's a link for GMT time, for anyone who needs it.

http://www.thetimenow.com/gmt/greenwich_mean_time

Oh and happy holidays guys!

DagsJT

As a complete beginner to Dawn Of War, and not played much RTS in general, is the franchise pack worth getting? Where would I even start?

dk_

Tried to buy Scribblenauts via Amazon from outside the US:

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 4 hours.
This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account.

Great! I thought this is bulletproof...

derFeef

As a complete beginner to Dawn Of War, and not played much RTS in general, is the franchise pack worth getting? Where would I even start?

DoW is more traditional RTS, DoW II is more like an action RPG in singleplayer where you roll with your squad, which you can customize. I can highly recommend all of those games, great and brutal fun.

Dr Dogg

I've recently began playing this again after a year away, and to no surprise its still quite fun... however i haven't been able to find any multiplayer games. Don't have retribution, so i'm debating whether or not to jump in on this collection, basically its 10 bucks for retribution, should i bite?

These steam sales are awesome, picked up both batman's and witcher 2 for less than 20 bucks!

Well according to Retribution there's 2396 players online at the moment and either my ping is awful or next to no one is playing ranked matches and can only see 3 custom games. Saying that though never had a problem getting into Last Stand and usually there's a boost in population for multiplayer around a sale. For some reason DOW II just doesn't seam to hang onto players like Company of Heroes.

1-D_FTW

Picked up Scribblenauts and Lego: LotR. Would have added Lego: Batman 2, but already bought that when Steam shockingly had it for 7.50 during the BF sales. Really enjoyed L:B2. Funny Batman character and playable Superman was big bonus.

The_Monk

I don't feel like Dawguard is worth 10 bucks. Anyone care to convince me otherwise?

It's not worth for me, right now. I would wait. I've played some decent hours, perhaps 70-80 hours and wanted more but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

The DLC is going to be on Sale on the 360 too so I'm curious to see their prices too.

dk_

Grats! Ruins my Christmas Day a little bit when it won't get through. I really looked forward to that deal. :-/

Watevaman

Well shoot, I had to buy Viking at $2. I was interested in the game but $7.49 was a bit too high (kind of funny how that works).

Really the only game I'm actively waiting for is The Force Unleashed 2, which I have a feeling will hit $5 if Steam does a Star Wars sale.

Edit: These sales were a lot more manageable when I only knew that Steam had them. Now it seems I have to check Gamersgate, Get Games, Steam, and Amazon for deals I might possibly miss.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If you buy something like the Dawn of War collection and put it in your inventory to gift later. Is the whole collection in the inventory together or every piece of it?

I own Dawn of War 2 and all its expansions, but I wanted just the single player DLC and the previous Warhammer 40K games. I was going to gift the DOW2 games to friends. I didn't get it because I wasn't sure if it works this way. Anyone know?

Anyone have an extra copy of Dishonored from the Bethesda pack I can buy?

oipic

Ok guys. I loved the hell out a game that came out this year, called They Bleed Pixels. Though i'm sad to see while on an amazing flash deal, it's only at #71. So i grabbed 3 copies and....

They Bleed Pixels Giveaway!!!

Great gesture, haikira, thanks mate - GAF community is great, particularly at this time of year.

As intriguing and well done as They Bleed Pixels is, the supposed difficulty level frightens me - so may the lucky winners be more patient, young and co-ordinated etc.

If you buy something like the Dawn of War collection and put it in your inventory to gift later. Is the whole collection in the inventory together or every piece of it?

I own Dawn of War 2 and all its expansions, but I wanted just the single player DLC and the previous Warhammer 40K games. I was going to gift the DOW2 games to friends. I didn't get it because I wasn't sure if it works this way. Anyone know?

Anyone have an extra copy of Dishonored from the Bethesda pack I can buy?

Whole collection as one item. You can't split up any bundles from Steam at all.

Lol, I had my first NOPE NOPE NOPE moment in Dark Souls

TELL USSSSS.

Also, anybody here play Two Worlds 2? I heard the original was a fucking mess, and reviews seem to paint the sequel as a flawed, but decent enough large scale RPG. Thoughts? Is it actually super garbage or a diamond in the rough?

Thoraxes

Man, i'm hoping RE5 wins the poll.

A friend and I haven't played it yet, so we figured we could snag it and both play. Was gonna just play it on PS3 (PS+), but he doesn't own one, so this is the next best thing for us.

HoosTrax

Oo, Half Minute Hero. Had that on my wishlist but wasn't really expecting to see a sale on it. Grabbed it.

Still hoping to see a sale on Mark of the Ninja.

The_Monk

A friend and I haven't played it yet, so we figured we could snag it and both play. Was gonna just play it on PS3 (PS+), but he doesn't own one, so this is the next best thing for us.

Already played it twice but voted RE5 for you :p

Dr Dogg

Thanks.

Anyone know what are the single player DLC for Dawn of War 2?

I think the Tau one is one.

I'd like to know in case it comes up again.

The DLC is for either multiplayer or the co-op mode Last Stand, which is what the Tau Commander is for as are all the war gear packs. The other items are cosmetic for your army in multiplayer.

If Natural Selection 2 goes daily deal I implore you to try it out. The community really needs a boost imo. They have been patching frequently, game is a really neat take on aliens vs. marines

Shepard

Anyone can buy me Orange Box from Gamefly? The game is 4,99 there, I'll paypal you the money first, just to be sure! PM me please!

While I'd love RE5 to win, I've still yet to finish the DLC for Alan Wake and I no longer have a 360 to do so on sooooooooo...yeah, Alan Wake got my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom