• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

A
Black Knight
?

Waiting
on the ledge
before you
jump down
to the first boss?

TELL USSSSS.

Well
(I passed the first bossfight only died once! Yay) I started at the Fireshrine place. So I fought some skeleton dudes dying five times or so before getting the hang of it. I walked through the graveyard, spotted a path down a cave I guess. "Catacombs" That's when I see shit lighting up, skeleton warriors getting ready to battle and I was; NOPE x 100

I ran as quickly as I could lol

haikira

guys omg They Bleed Pixels is fucking amazing. best $3 I've spent in this sale (got the soundtrack too)

=D

I really do want to see this game get more love. Same as Lone Survivor for me actually. That's why i'm doing a giveaway for They Bleed Pixels.

Bought it when it came out and was disappointed to see the lack of love. It's a great platformer. I love the combat system and how there's diminishing returns, of points. So you have to mix up how you kill. Sort of like Tony Hawks, but with murder.

I also love how you after filling up a bar with those points, you can drop your own checkpoints. So no complaining about where the developer put them. It's up to you.

Also yeah. The soundtrack is awesome.

Well
(I passed the first bossfight only died once! Yay) I started at the Fireshrine place. So I fought some skeleton dudes dying five times or so before getting the hang of it. I walked through the graveyard, spotted a path down a cave I guess. "Catacombs" That's when I see shit lighting up, skeleton warriors getting ready to battle and I was; NOPE x 100

Good idea. It's technically possible to make it through, but man oh man would it be brutal.

Thoraxes

Half Minute Hero, my first purchase for this year's sale. At this rate, probably my only :p
Just reminded me to buy it lol, I didn't even check the new flash deals from the last update

Well

Hahahaha

You know with that first boss,
if you you don't jump down off the ledge, he breaks it underneath your feet and you fall into the pit.
I was all NOPE when it happened and got really scared.

While I'd love RE5 to win, I've still yet to finish the DLC for Alan Wake and I no longer have a 360 to do so on sooooooooo...yeah, Alan Wake got my vote.
Oooooooo

I keep forgetting to play the DLC. I beat AW when I got it during the summer sale.

dk_

Don't worry, it's locked for me. It tells me that Steam will tell me when I can play it. Thanks Steam!
SRM3o.png

I have the product key now from Amazon. So Steam is holding it back until the EU release?

ksdixon

Might jump on ARMA 2 at -50% for £12.49, but I dunno. It kind feels wrong, as I have no interest in what appears to be from DayZ footage, a really janky military game. Do we have any information on how far DayZ is from being a standalone game?

nonnocere

Also, anybody here play Two Worlds 2? I heard the original was a fucking mess, and reviews seem to paint the sequel as a flawed, but decent enough large scale RPG. Thoughts? Is it actually super garbage or a diamond in the rough?

I played through the first one 1000/1000 on the 360 and after a while enjoyed it quite a bit. There were a lot of flaws, to be sure, but I thought combining loot was a neat idea - iron sword + iron sword = slightly better iron sword! If you did that with some higher end gear, it broke the game, of course, but fun roving all over the place like some sort of deranged marauder looking for shrines.

KNT-Zero

Hmm no love for Beyond Good and Evil?
Take in mind that, if voted, it would get down to £1.24 / 1.5€ / 2 bucks, which in Steam sale terms means BUY IT OR STOP HAVING TASTE. :)

I surely voted for it.

I played through the first one 1000/1000 on the 360 and after a while enjoyed it quite a bit. There were a lot of flaws, to be sure, but I thought combining loot was a neat idea - iron sword + iron sword = slightly better iron sword! If you did that with some higher end gear, it broke the game, of course, but fun roving all over the place like some sort of deranged marauder looking for shrines.

So, the 2nd one being improved on all fronts should be solid then, eh? I should mention I get a certain draw from weird, kind of janky games. Earth Defense Force has a place in my heart, and all the voice acting Ive seen for these kinds of RPGs is hilariously shitty.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Take in mind that, if voted, it would get down to £1.24 / 1.5€ / 2 bucks, which in Steam sale terms means BUY IT OR STOP HAVING TASTE. :)

I surely voted for it.

The 360 version seems to be better: Proper widescreen, it works and it doesn't crash every 5 minutes.

Or something along these lines.

Retne

I surely voted for it.

The PC version is old and requires quite a bit of elbow grease to get running smoothly. Still worth it if you don't have a 360 (like me).

Firebrand

I surely voted for it.
Great game, bad port: No gamepad support and you can't invert the Y axis without inverting X as well. Some technical issues on modern GPUs and CPUs as well, but there are probably workarounds for those.

HoosTrax

Hahahaha

if you you don't jump down off the ledge, he breaks it underneath your feet and you fall into the pit.
Both the first and second bosses scared the hell out of me when I first saw them. They're freaking massive. Turned out they weren't so tough after all, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that my knight could block all of the damage of the blows with her shield at the cost of some stamina.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have the product key now from Amazon. So Steam is holding it back until the EU release?

Yes. If you want to play the game now you'll need to either use a US VPN or run the game's exe from the installation folder (it's DRM-free, apparently). This goes without saying, but choosing the latter option means you'll be playing sans Steamworks features.

KNT-Zero

The 360 version seems to be better: Proper widescreen, it works and it doesn't crash every 5 minutes.

Or something along these lines.

The PC version is old and requires quite a bit of elbow grease to get running smoothly. Still worth it if you don't have a 360 (like me).

Great game, bad port: No gamepad support and you can't invert the Y axis without inverting X as well. Some technical issues on modern GPUs and CPUs as well, but there are probably workarounds for those.

Huh, I didn't know the PC version was that bad :O
How can Ubi expect to sell us a sequel with such a bad version of the original still around? They should at least patch it :/

I voted for RE5 because you know..I've never played it before and it rarely goes on sale
I think you'll enjoy it. This is without a doubt the prettiest RE game they've made and it looks great on the PC. Not so much of an RE game, but a fun co-op and arcade style experience imo. The story is also sickeningly cheesy in a fun sort of way. Mercenaries is also pretty fun there as well and the treasure hunting works great. Item drops in RE5 also make sense(I don't get RE6 drops).

Spookie

Lol, I had my first NOPE NOPE NOPE moment in Dark Souls

Wait till you meet the mobs that curse you. That was enough for me to put down the controller, uninstall the game and vow never to play it again. The difficulty and animation priority I can understand but that had me just saying: This isn't fun, I'm off to play something else.

Sadist

Good idea. It's technically possible to make it through, but man oh man would it be brutal.
I'll take my chances somewhere else hehe.

Hahahaha

Yeah I went into the room and I looked around: "hey where did he go?"

SURPRISE! I think my exact words were "well fuck" :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait till you meet the mobs that curse you. That was enough for me to put down the controller, uninstall the game and vow never to play it again. The difficulty and animation priority I can understand but that had me just saying: This isn't fun, I'm off to play something else.

Aaaah, you weiner! Reinstall it! Cmon, you can rise above a piddly little curse! The curses used to be much worse! They used to STACK!

Except you get cursed once, and never again because their attacks are easy to avoid. Besides, curse can only bring you down to half health now. It used to stack, now that was nuts.

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Grinchtip: Sending a purchase to your inventory before redeeming it for yourself counts towards the gifting steam badge requirement.

No need to add to your friend's backlogs too now.

Something something completely avoidable something something

You should play it again

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Grinchtip: Sending a purchase to your inventory before redeeming it for yourself counts towards the gifting steam badge requirement.

No need to add to your friend's backlogs too now.

Everybody should buy and immediately gift Bad Rats to either your best friend or your worst friend for the combo achievement of buy something on sale and gift something.

Nobody wins in that scenario.

SparkTR

We have around 5 different storefronts constantly undercutting each other to give us a better deal, it's a consumers paradise. I have a feeling, for whatever reason, this won't last and we'll look back at this as a kind of golden age of digital distribution.

Why did he get banned?

They should give him a second chance, he's pretty much on every other gaming forum I go on and the community loves him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom