• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torraz

I'll take my chances somewhere else hehe.

Yeah I went into the room and I looked around: "hey where did he go?"

SURPRISE! I think my exact words were "well fuck" :p

Same here. Got flattened the first two times in man-to-demon combat. So after that I wanted to fireball him from up above. "OH FUCK" + a drop of my jaw to my ankles was the result of him jumping up and smashing me into the floor.

The next NOPE NOPE NOPE was probably
the dude in the winding tower past the bridge boss
. Had to
strip totally naked to be at max speed with a shield

Torraz

Would also greatly appreciate help with getting scribblenauts from amazon. Can, of course, prepay with paypal.

Thanks a lot to Petrie.

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfers just a curiosity queston:

If I wanted the best Similar experience like Age of Empires III which game should I get? I have Cossacks: Art of War on Steam and Civ games are not like AoE III regarding the type of strategy I was looking for. I also have the AoE III expansions by the way.

Thanks in advance.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
They should give him a second chance, he's pretty much on every other gaming forum I go on and the community loves him.

I agree. However, he had two strikes: He constantly came in the Steam thread to talk about non-steam redeemable sales going on @ Amazon. He was warned for it.

Then he had this crazy idea of creating a thread asking if he should be contacting publishers regarding the Official Threads for games, technically making them "sponsored" with better graphics and information about games.

With that, he broke at least 2 or more rules at the same time: The hidden "don't make a stupid thread goddammit" rule and the "you're not supposed to be associated to the company if you're making an official thread for a game" rule jump straight at me.

It was also the worst possible week for him to do that, because either something happened at Polygon that made everybody be insane about the industry or the Geoff Knightley thing. I forget.

Shepard

Fellow GAFfers just a curiosity queston:

If I wanted the best Similar experience like Age of Empires III which game should I get? I have Cossacks: Art of War on Steam and Civ games are not like AoE III regarding the type of strategy I was looking for. I also have the AoE III expansions by the way.

Thanks in advance.

Rise of Nations is probably the best Age of Empires I've played :p, It's not on Steam, though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm so on that Scribblenauts deal. And to think I almost bit at full price. With that I'm more then content with my holiday purchases. I can't guarantee that I'll stop spending money, but this is my best haul of the last few major sales.

haikira

Half minute hero any good? Looks like fun...

I was addicted to it on the PSP. Very fun and addictive game. I haven't played the 360/PC version, but i'm very tempted to bite on this flash deal. Initially the new art style put me off. But i think you can play it with the original art style too, which is great.

chixdiggit

Anyone have some decent impressions on lego lord of the rings? Is it open world?

I haven't played it yet.... and yes it's open world

Explore all of the open-world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone (‘one that looks far-away’), and jump between multiple storylines.
Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way, as they deliver the dialogue from the films.
Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Earendil, Elven rope, swords, and bows.
Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option.

Source: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/727888/lego-lord-of-the-rings-features-crafting-open-world/

I agree. However, he had two strikes: He constantly came in the Steam thread to talk about non-steam redeemable sales going on @ Amazon. He was warned for it.

Then he had this crazy idea of creating a thread asking if he should be contacting publishers regarding the Official Threads for games, technically making them "sponsored" with better graphics and information about games.

With that, he broke at least 2 or more rules at the same time: The hidden "don't make a stupid thread goddammit" rule and the "you're not supposed to be associated to the company if you're making an official thread for a game" rule jump straight at me.

It was also the worst possible week for him to do that, because either something happened at Polygon that made everybody be insane about the industry or the Geoff Knightley thing. I forget.

He was already talking with publishers. In a way monetizing his presence on GAF beyond what his threads already did. The whole thing was slimy and I'm glad he's gone. Using NeoGAF as a storefront, no doubt being measured on metrics of how many sales were directed from GAF, how many page views his threads had, how many replies. I'm glad he's gone. Should GAF allow every company out there to have their own virtual store front threads on GAF? From Walmart to Gamestop, and every mom and pop in between?

Do you see the way that Amazon lowers prices and moves up sales on software to match the Steam sales? The Walking Dead was supposed to be discounted later this week. When it went on sale yesterday they immediately dropped their price. Sure that's just business, but it should also make it clear exactly why he was posting in Steam threads for both Steam activated games and non-Steam activated games. The entire reason he showed up here was because of the success of the Steam threads and to put a dent in it. It wouldnt surprise me at all, in fact I would actually be surprised if it wasnt true, that one of the metrics he was being graded on was how much of an impact he could make on the Steam threads themselves. Not purely in the sales on Amazon that were directed from the Steam threads, but if he could show a slowing of the view and post count of the thread from previous years.

Hargenx

How in the hell a VERY BAD port can get so many prises here in GAF?!

Binary Domain are get me angry!!!

The idiot who think talk with the character was a great ideia I hope get fired after this crap, STOP TALK WITH ME, AND STOP WAITING FOR ME TO RESPOND!!!! HELL!!!!

Thanks GAF for this let down, and people get the balls to say this is better than Gears, god help us all...

As much as I want Sniper Elite, money is getting tight so I think I'll hold off until another Steam Sale.

And Scribblenauts Unlimited for $7.50! My daughter wants that soooo badly but I think despite it being so cheap I'd rather her have that for the Wii U (whenever I get her one).

jediyoshi

The idiot who think talk with the character was a great ideia I hope get fired after this crap, STOP TALK WITH ME, AND STOP WAITING FOR ME TO RESPOND!!!! HELL!!!!

Thanks GAF for this let down, and people get the balls to say this is better than Gears, god help us all...

I don't think port means what you think it means.

Alucrid

Banned

Clearly you lack the mental facilities needed to appreciate such a fine game as binary domain.

Dascu

Turn off the voice command system in the options.

You cant press a button? Or do you still think you have to talk to him via micro?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Not everyone can appreciate it, looks like you're up shit creek.

You cant press a button? Or do you still think you have to talk to him via micro?

You can. There's a very simple option.

SparkTR

As much as I want Sniper Elite, money is getting tight so I think I'll hold off until another Steam Sale.

And Scribblenauts Unlimited for $7.50! My daughter wants that soooo badly but I think despite it being so cheap I'd rather her have that for the Wii U (whenever I get her one).

Does she have her own laptop? I thought the same thing for my nephew, but I ended up biting because it'll help him build typing skills.

Thanks for whoever noticed the hidden deals on the Half-Life franchise. I bought the HL Anthology pack for 3€. I own the HL1 and Blue Shift boxed retail, but I gave away the keys years ago to some friends to play CS.

Bulzeeb

Q6QuY.jpg

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

Fuck, I want to play the game but I am not paying more than $10 for it

This reads like it was written by The Hulk.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Aww, cmon!

it is better than Gears

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Damn you Amazon and Scribblenauts so much cheaper than the Steam sale price. I broke down and got it for my son the other day.. kicking myself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom