• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I bought two packs of 1000 blue coins on Gamersgate to get Saint's Row 2. Obivoulsy I used the IAMANELDERGEEK and bought 2000 blue coins for $1.90.

What I forgot is that IAMANELDERGEEK also discounts BlueCoins, so it brought Saints Row 2 to a price where I only needed to buy one pack of 1000 Blue Coins.

Surplus of blue coins for me, I guess. :D

Amazon jacked up the prices as soon as the EA and THQ coupons started.

Many promotions are only for certain days so I wouldn't say they jacked them up, the promotions just ended. They had no obligation to give the publisher specific coupons (as it wasn't advertised at the beginning of the sale) and I thought it was a nice thing to have. Wish it was more broad(as there was some Warner Brother's stuff that I wanted) but oh well.

Any juicy deal on Civ5: Gods and Kings in sight?

Also asking again :p any impression on Spirits?

Try to hang in there. I got God & Kings for 75% off on the final days of the last sale. Don't fall for the 50% off.

It's my biggest peeve with Steam Sales - don't fool us with early "fake" discounts then drop the price even lower a few days later. It's total bullshit.

baconcow

Keep you eyes open for the Mac version of Gods & Kings at Amazon as it received a discount before when the Windows one didn't. Mac version is also Windows as the game features SteamPlay.

SamVimes

Can anyone gift me Dark Souls from Amazon.com? I can't do the change the billing address thing on my debit card and i would obviously pay you back.
If anyone is interested send me a pm.

zam

Has Spec Ops: The Line or Binary Domain been on daily sale yet? Those are really the only 2 games I'm looking to get (and maybe Arkham City).

ithorien

Damage thus far

The Walking Dead
Max Payne 3
Scribblenauts
Lego LotR
DoW pack

2x SR3 for two RL friends
Batman AA for another RL friend

Still ten days to go. Come at my wallet, Gaben. Xmas bonus laughs at you.

Torraz

Fuck! Did not know that Dawn of War II requires GFWL...

Oh well, the good news is that the thing that prevented me from getting Dark souls on PC is gone...

Damage thus far:
Mirrors edge (free, thanks)
Ys Felghana (free, thanks)
Ys Origin (steam)
Dawn of War Collection (steam)
Devil may Cry 4 (gmg)
Scribblenauts (amazon)

dreamfall

Finally picked up all that DLC with Saints Row III for $2.50 with that Amazon coupon. It's a shame they never had a package just for it!

I'm ready for new Flash/Daily deals! I want some crazy Sam & Max deduction! Or some Dead Space ish!

Merry X-mas GAF, I heart you very much~!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Fuck! Did not know that Dawn of War II requires GFWL...

Oh well, the good news is that the thing that prevented me from getting Dark souls on PC is gone...

Damage thus far:
Mirrors edge (free, thanks)
Ys Felghana (free, thanks)
Ys Origin (steam)
Dawn of War Collection (steam)
Devil may Cry 4 (gmg)
Scribblenauts (amazon)

Oddly enough, the newest expansion pack doesn't require GFWL.

mneuro

My damage so far:

Ace of Spades
Binary Domain
Breath of Death VII/Cthulhu Saves the World
Dead Island
Dead Pixels
Duke Nukem Forever (gifted to me)
Lego Lord of the Rings
Mirror's Edge
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Ys Origin
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

ZiZ

I accidentally registered Dark Souls to the wrong GFWL account. is there any way to transfer it to my other account?

Has Spec Ops: The Line or Binary Domain been on daily sale yet? Those are really the only 2 games I'm looking to get (and maybe Arkham City).

Fear not, you can get a better deal for Spec Ops from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091T6FQO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Basically you'll get Bioshock 1 + 2 for free and a $5 promo credit to use in Janyary (Editor's Choice games).
Binary Domain surely will get on a daily soon enough too.

bengraven

So I got SR3 last week during the THQ sale, but...

I want to buy "the full package" on Steam to get all the DLC since it's cheaper, but it COMES with SR3.

Will I be able to gift Saint's Row 3?

rouken

So I got SR3 last week during the THQ sale, but...

I want to buy "the full package" on Steam to get all the DLC since it's cheaper, but it COMES with SR3.

Will I be able to gift Saint's Row 3?

i think the sr3 key is seperate from the other games in the thq bundle, so you should be able to gift it if you look at your humble bundle page. :)

bengraven

i think the sr3 key is seperate from the other games in the thq bundle, so you should be able to gift it if you look at your humble bundle page.

That's the problem, though: I already used my Humble key.

Now I'm trying to buy the full pack and it's telling me it's not sure if I will be able to gift it.

AlexBasch

Whilst my stuff gets downloaded, I started to clear stuff (even from the last Summer sale, holy shit) and it was the turn of Space Marine.

Fun stuff, though the sound stuttering is really annoying. Wanted to get a 100% on the Achievements but it requires multiplayer, egh.

Also, any effective guide to configure Binary Domain with a 360 controller? Default controls don't make any sense and most of them are unbinded, what the hell.

bigace33

Just used my 2K $5promotional credit to get NBA 2k13 for $9.99.

reverse-1233445870_ae19b02.gif

baconcow

[NeoMATH][Notice to All Non-USA GAF's Regarding Amazon Purchases]

Credit Card (yours) + USA Address (not yours, but real) + Non-USA GAF (this would be you) = Can Buy Digital Downloads

Rainy Dog

Origin is just a rebranded EA Download Manager, but EA didn't begin to push it as a DD platform until mid-2011... which has had obvious Steam-related consequences vis-a-vis EA games that weren't published via EA Partners.

Thanks, but the reason I asked was more to do with that I prefer to buy games that only require one platform/launcher to run. I'm not opposed to using Origin or Uplay at all, but I'm not especially keen when a Steam game needs both Steam and Origin/Uplay to run.

Which leads me to ask actually... Can SSIV:AE be played in single player/local multi without having to use GFWL?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thanks, but the reason I asked was more to do with that I prefer to buy games that only require one platform/launcher to run. I'm not opposed to using Origin or Uplay at all, but I'm not especially keen when a Steam game needs both Steam and Origin/Uplay to run.

Which leads me to ask actually... Can SSIV:AE be played in single player/local multi without having to use GFWL?

GFWL will be running no matter what. You can play without logging in, however, some characters will be disabled. You need to login to make them all available. Yes, even for offline play.

Yes, your crazy pipedream of not running multiple clients is not possible. Doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom