• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepard

Is spirits any good?
It's really good, pretty and relaxing.
I don't even know what that is :p

Also, what's the word on Dustforce and They Bleed Pixels? They look pretty good.

Oh it was a coupon you got if you downloaded some games during december, they give you a 5,00UDSD discount in any editor's choice game , but only activates in january. We also know that on january 1st, Dark Souls will be 17,99, sooooo...
Dustforce is amazing, they bleed pixels is also amazing in a Super Meat Boy kinda way, expect to die a lot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No, I have to try that.

You should be successful, at which point you can either use the VPN to play the game through Steam or disable said VPN and play the game directly via the executable (steamapps\common\[installation folder]) sans Steamworks features.

M.D

Is GamersGate based in the US? I wonder when I'll be able to get a response to my problem

When are you going back to work? ;p

Tizoc

...so of the 3 new titles on flash sale, only one shows up for me: Football Manager 2013. Will give a heads up to my friend about it as he's a big fan of the series.

Hixx

Dark Souls, FM2013 and Terraria. Good games... prices not updated yet tho (I hope!) :(

edit: now they have. 50% off the first two, 66% for Terraria...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is GamersGate based in the US? I wonder when I'll be able to get a response to my problem

When are you going back to work? ;p

GG's "HQ" is in Sweden, but I believe the company operates out of the Ukraine (the time difference between the two locales being an hour).

Red

It's really good, pretty and relaxing.

Oh it was a coupon you got if you downloaded some games during december, they give you a 5,00UDSD discount in any editor's choice game , but only activates in january. We also know that on january 1st, Dark Souls will be 17,99, sooooo...
Dustforce is amazing, they bleed pixels is also amazing in a Super Meat Boy kinda way, expect to die a lot.

The more I check out the store the more I'm thinking about ignoring the big titles and sticking to indies... To The Moon, FTL, Mark of the Ninja, Awesomenauts, Fly'N, They Bleed Pixels, Dustforce, A Virus Named TOM, and Ace of Spades all look like a ton of fun. I'd like to just get the Indie Pack but it doesn't include all of those :s

Haven't downloaded anything from Steam in probably over a year. Arkham City was probably the last I played.

Shepard

The more I check out the store the more I'm thinking about ignoring the big titles and sticking to indies... To The Moon, FTL, Mark of the Ninja, Awesomenauts, Fly'N, They Bleed Pixels, Dustforce, A Virus Named TOM, and Ace of Spades all look like a ton of fun. I'd like to just get the Indie Pack but it doesn't include all of those :s

Almost all the games I finish are indie ones, I'm getting much more bang out of my bucks with them :d
Also, Humble Bundles are really good to test a lot of those.

GG's "HQ" is in Sweden, but I believe the company operates out of the Ukraine (the time difference between the two locales being an hour).

Never heard about the Ukraine thing before. Just went to Wikipedia to look it up and it has an entry for the Bethesda bundle misprice. wtf.
It's like someone thought that's the only important thing that ever happened in the history of that company.

On December 21st, the website put a Bethesda New Year Collection up for sale. The bundle contained the following games: Brink Complete Pack, Dishonored, DOOM 3 BFG Edition, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Hunted: The Demon’s Forge, RAGE, Rogue Warrior, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Due to a pricing error, the games were priced at $27.82 when they were intended to be sold for around $100. This deal was posted on online communities such as Reddit and many people tried to buy the pack. As a result, the servers became overloaded with the massive number of people attempting to purchase the bundle. By the time GamersGate caught the error, many people had already taken advantage of it. Soon after, GamersGate ran out of Steam keys for the games. The final consequences of this pricing error are currently unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom