• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people aren't going to bother to read the OP then I'm not going to bother to give them good advice.

image.php

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sorry if this has been asked already, but are the Flash Deals considered the best of the sale, even better than normal daily deals? Basically what I am asking is, is there a chance that a Flash Deal can also be a Daily Deal and Visa Versa?

With the exception of one time, when there was a mistake, Flash Deals and Daily Deals will be equally discounted.

One time, Saints Row the Third was 90% off on a Daily Deal, while it was 75% off on a Flash Deal prior to it. However, it was a mistake and it was quickly fixed to 75%. I don't think a flash or a daily were ever posted with a lower discount than before, but I could be wrong.

If a game is on a Flash or Daily Deal and it's a discount you feel comfortable with, I'd buy it.

However, I personally like to use the 75% rule. A game probably won't ever get a bigger discount than 75%, so if it's discounted by that amount, and you want the game, feel free to buy it whenever it's up.

In other words, I wouldn't buy a 33% discounted game on either (Flash or Daily). Not because it's going to show up with a bigger discount later (even though it might, but it's a slim chance), but mostly because it's not discounted enough.

Unless I really want to play it right now.

Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Nah I've already got someone lined up. Thanks anyway.

It's more along the lines of 18,50, but you know.

Whoever laughs like that should be banned beaten to death, btw.

Enco

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are the Flash Deals considered the best of the sale, even better than normal daily deals? Basically what I am asking is, is there a chance that a Flash Deal can also be a Daily Deal and Visa Versa?
Yes they can swap around. They won't get cheaper though I don't think.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks like no one has commented on War of the Roses yet. Some impressions would be neat. I've already played a ton of Chivalry, but I have enough room in my heart for two medieval combat games. Looks like Roses may not match Chiv's awesome combat, but it has a lot more in the way of customization and variety. I'm also curious about technical performance and stability and all dat.

Fuck, I just want to buy something :(.

Atrophis

Yay, its the most wonderful time of the year :D

Got one game ticked off my shopping list already, Arkham City GOTY. Want Wargame but the price is still a bit too high.

Waiting on:

Hotline Miami
Spec ops
The Walking Dead
FTL
Shogun 2
Ass Creed Brotherhood and Revelations
Witcher 2
Dead Space 2

Amish

Neo Member
hitman absolution was released exactly one month ago, and now its at 50%.. wow was a waste that was.. i guess what they say about just waiting for the games to go on sale is true.

Atrophis

hitman absolution was released exactly one month ago, and now its at 50%.. wow was a waste that was.. i guess what they say about just waiting for the games to go on sale is true.

Buying full price on Steam is never justified for me. A sale is always only a few months wait.

Scavenger

Is there any way to get around Scribblenauts not being released in the UK till Feb?
Not anymore. Steam just did a dickmove. I bought Scribblenauts Unlimited Steam key a few weeks ago from Amazon because I couldn't wait for the European release and now that the European pre-order is up Steam won't let me play the game. Play button has been changed into a friggin pre-load button. :-(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Not anymore. Steam just did a dickmove. I bought Scribblenauts Unlimited Steam key a few weeks ago from Amazon because I couldn't wait for the European release and now that the European pre-order is up Steam won't let me play the game. Play button has been changed into a friggin pre-load button. :-(

And here was me thinking that I was screwed because I went for the UK version. That seriously sucks. I hope the explanation as to why we have to wait so long for this game is a good one, it is finished after all.

legacyzero

Banned
Dont imagine I'll be buying a lot this year, mainly because I FUCKING OWN EVERYTHING ALREADY.

I think I'm going to be looking at a lot of emergent or interesting indie games? I just finished SCRATCHES, and I fucking LOVED IT.

Echoplx

Which PoP game should I grab? I already have TSoT. Is 08 the one people like?

08 is pretty but easy and repetitive, the forgotten sands is a return to the traditional style, so while it doesn't bring anything new it's the only true modern PoP imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom