• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannerbot

I don't think Steam Sales are bad this year. What I think is that Amazon and other Sales got way better in the recent times.

That's exactly what happened. Steam sales were amazing when they were the only game in town. Amazon, GMG, GameFly, etc. beating Steam just shows exactly why competition is good for the consumer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Never heard about the Ukraine thing before. Just went to Wikipedia to look it up and it has an entry for the Bethesda bundle misprice. wtf.
It's like someone thought that's the only important thing that ever happened in the history of that company.

Haha, I'd wager somebody has taken advantage of the page's lack of a enthusiast curator.

M.D

Not as far as I can tell.

Damn :/
I hope the slow response is just because of the holidays and everything... they first answered really quick, and then no response for 2 days...

I don't want to get a refund, that Bethesda bundle for 28$ is awesome :(

Mrbob

Yeah, I wasn't complaining at first but some of these "deals" are laughable. Either they are recycled deals from the past or worse than we had before.

JaseC

Wow that Terreria deal is awful. Game is amazing and worth it, but it has been at least 75% off about a thousand times already.

Interestingly, Terraria has been on sale twice since July, but only to the order of 66% (prior to which it'd been on sale to the order of 75%). Methinks Re-Logic has been smoking from the same pipe as Bohomeia...

my streak of voting for losers continues..wanted the sisters
You and I both. : \

Voted Dark Messiah. I might actually pick it up this time, finally.

Also, c'mon namco/bandai. $20 for DS? I thought you would hit $15 for sure. It's fine, my backlog is big enough. I will win this war of attrition.

edit:
um..i bought a bunch of games yesterday and now none of them besides SR3 are showing up in my games list.

wtf?
Maybe try closing and reopening steam?

JaseC

Damn :/
I hope the slow response is just because of the holidays and everything... they first answered really quick, and then no response for 2 days...

I don't want to get a refund, that Bethesda bundle for 28$ is awesome :(

I've been there. Despite the occasional story of GMG's quick support, my most recent experience had me waiting six days for somebody to action my refund request.

I'm kicking myself for missing that Bethesda bundle, even though it would've devoured my (minuscule) budget. I was refreshing diligently but eventually had to run out the door.

Omega

Banned
You and I both. : \

Voted Dark Messiah. I might actually pick it up this time, finally.

Also, c'mon namco/bandai. $20 for DS? I thought you would hit $15 for sure. It's fine, my backlog is big enough. I will win this war of attrition.

edit:

Maybe try closing and reopening steam?

i already did that

still nothing. that's cool Valve, just steal my money. I didn't want it anyway...

Mihos

Gold Member
No Gianna Sisters makes me sad- who voted for Towns?!

Well, damn. Hoping these Daily deals will make up for the vote!

For myself, there is usually only one game of the 3 I don't own, so I usually vote for that. I didn't vote for 'Towns' though... that one is weird.

KingKong

I just keep telling myself that the choices on Community Vote that dont win might end up as Flash sales because I really want Miasmata and Giana Sisters

Man, they can't even beat Amazon on Dark Souls. Steam really is kinda weak this year despite the fact that I must have gotten 15 games by now. The front page is just weaksauce.

Shepard

Are you sure? For me it is in a quasi-alive state. You can log in but you can't download games.

Downloadind fine too, just tested. I'm in Brazil, though.
How do you go around Amazon's region locking ?

and is there Dark Souls deal redeemable on steam (I would prefer to have it on steam) ?

Just use a real american adress. It could be Google's adress, Apple's.... And it is redeemable on Steam.

HIGHLY recommend Terraria if for some reason you still do not own it. Played about 40 hours just in single player. The multiplayer is also really great if you want to adventure with some friends.

I recommend Dark Souls ($15 on Amazon, btw). I think it's a good game, but it didn't really grab me like everyone said it would. I feel like I wanted to explore but the combat got in the way a lot of the time. Obviously many do not share this opinion :p The world is great though, so I can say it's worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom