• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Amazon should really advertize their sale more, if it wasnt for the thread I would have no idea,

imo their big advantage is that they tell you exactly how long the sale runs and when a game is on sale, compared to Steam where it's a surprise (which is part of its charm). If they just advertize it more, make it more clear that codes work on Steam, and maybe display a schedule with a few surprise deals, it would be a lot better

But says FM2012, not 2013
Edit: Beaten!

They confirmed it with me on Twitter.

QlDds.png

Omega

Banned
In which case, even if the games don't show up in your library after some time, Support should be obliging. I assume you also have the e-mail receipts?

yeah i have them still.

i tried contacting Steam Support but the apparently the site is down

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yeah i have them still.

i tried contacting Steam Support but the apparently the site is down

That's unfortunate, but given you have evidence of a successful purchase, you shouldn't have any issues seeing the games added to your account if need be (though it goes without saying you may be waiting a while). This post isn't exactly helpful, but, hey, some reassurance isn't terrible. ;)

I'm still ruminating over whether to pick up SSFIV Arcade Edition. Will my X360 Mad Catz arcade stick work on the PC (or alternately the PS3 one I have)?

Omega

Banned
That's most likely a mistake
Msxjr.png

EDIT: JaseC'd

If you look at the store page of a game you bought but doesn't show up, does it say "You already own XXX"?

no if I go to the store page it says add to cart

it's why I got worried.

it even says it for SR3 and that's the only game that shows up

Kurdel

Banned
I am having "No internet connection" errors on Steam.

Inam going though the recommended trouble shooting steps, but i's a pain.

JaseC

no if I go to the store page it says add to cart

it's why I got worried.

Although this isn't exactly relevant considering the games have yet to show up in your library, for whatever reason, in some instances, you won't see the "You already own ..." notification despite owning said content. Steam doesn't run a final subscription cross-reference until you go to confirm a purchase, but the store is supposed to pick up on this beforehand.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just going to get FM13 on Steam, looks like GMG is only going to be £2 cheaper, unless they also let you use coupons.

As a depressed Liverpool fan, tomorrow's offer for Football Manager 2013 on GMG might be impossible to resist. It's the only way I'll ever enjoy success as a Liverpool fan, and that's by my hand steadying the ship and steering us to quadruple glories in the fantastical realm of Football Manager 2013 (Consumer of Souls DLC included).

Omega

Banned
Although this isn't exactly relevant considering the games have yet to show up in your library, for whatever reason, in some instances, you won't see the "You already own ..." notification despite owning said content. Steam doesn't run a final subscription cross-reference until you go to confirm a purchase, but the store is supposed to pick up on this beforehand.

it did say "You already own.." last night though

i also edited that Saints Row 3 shows up in my library, but on the store page it doesn't even acknowledge that I own it.

JaseC

Throw up your SteamID, it's a deal!
Tip: Unless you use it for something else, set your GAF account homepage to your Steam Community URL.

;)

(In case you're not familiar with the forum software, clicking a user's name will render a drop-down menu, among which will be a "Visit [user]'s homepage!" link, assuming the setting has been used, which, in my case, is... the case. I say "case" a lot.)

As a depressed Liverpool fan, tomorrow's offer for Football Manager 2013 on GMG might be impossible to resist. It's the only way I'll ever enjoy success as a Liverpool fan, and that's by my hand steadying the ship and steering us to quadruple glories in the fantastical realm of Football Manager 2013 (Consumer of Souls DLC included).

At least Benitez isn't your manager anymore.

baconcow

Oh Terraria on sale, not sure if I should get it or not, I remember it was €2,50 during summer sale, and next year its coming to consoles.

I wouldn't play that on a console in a million years. Once you play it on PC and sink 50-100 hours into it, you'll see why. I paid $10 and have 67 hours into it before I formatted (computer issue) and forgot to back up my nearly finished game (maybe 10-20 hours remaining). Going to replay it on a smaller world, next time. The game is massive if you try to do and get everything.

Had a few problems after buying Anno 2070, it was the first game that didn't instantly show up in my library, and I had to wait 10 minutes or so before it finally did. Also, had the "no internet connection" error as well when trying to install it. Seems to be working ok now, though. I guess everyone has slept off their Christmas dinner and is itching for some Steam bargains.

Someone at Amazon cocked up and gave me a spare code for the Abyssal Forge DLC for Darksiders 2. First to quote this post gets the DLC (make sure you own the game first, of course).

Martian

Man, why can't Scribblenauts be 7,50 on steam.

Stoopid amazon and their credit cards.

Also, what should I vote for?

Edit: Terraria is worth the full 10 bucks, so yeah. BUY IT NOW.
It's one of my best purchases

JaseC

it did say "You already own.." last night though

i also edited that Saints Row 3 shows up in my library, but on the store page it doesn't even acknowledge that I own it.

How strange. The only possible explanation that comes to mind is that -- aside from Steam simply screwing up due to the Sale traffic -- for some reason, your account wasn't subscribed a key.

baconcow

Might & Magic as it might make all of the franchise go on sale. Or Red Alert as there are a couple games there that look good. Civ 4 is on sale every 2nd day.

CoilShot

You do realize it says in the information below "Requires Steam Client to activate."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Max Payne 3 for 11 bucks? How much lower can that game go? Soon Rockstar will be paying us to get it, rate this is going...

Giana Sisters didn't win. Keep it classy, Steam community. And can someone tell me what's the 6th Flash Sale? It's region locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom