• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max Payne 3 worth it for 15 bucks?

If they fixed the stupid fucking Rockstar Social bug that made me lose all my saves, yes.

It amuses me greatly that he's Chelsea's manager, much to the disgust of all their fans. His transfer buys were patchy, to say the least. It also amuses that they bought Torres for so much (with the unpatchable no scoring glitch).

Nothing against Chelsea fans but I think they're fucked with him on board. I'm still surprised Torres is still a flop after all those hoopla at the start of the season that he has found his scoring touch again.

Well not surprised. Happy and amused.

LTWheels

As a depressed Liverpool fan, tomorrow's offer for Football Manager 2013 on GMG might be impossible to resist. It's the only way I'll ever enjoy success as a Liverpool fan, and that's by my hand steadying the ship and steering us to quadruple glories in the fantastical realm of Football Manager 2013 (Consumer of Souls DLC included).

Good luck with that. You start with a grand transfer budget of £0m as Liverpool.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Bought Thirty Flights of Loving. I'm betting it's the shortest "game" on Steam - you can finish it within 10 minutes :)
:|

Yuripaw

Banned
You do realize it says in the information below "Requires Steam Client to activate."

Doesn't really help me, I've only got paypal funds to spare right now. >_< Anyone wanna buy it for me on amazon if I give them paypal gift in exchange?

edit: is steam friend list not working for anyone else? It just won't even try to connect for me.

If anyone wants to do a 4 pack on SSFIV:AE I'd join or host, only catch is I can't do PayPal. UK bank transfer is do-able or I can gift you something of equivalent value later on.
Bought Thirty Flights of Loving. I'm betting it's the shortest "game" on Steam - you can finish it within 10 minutes :)
:|
Fortunately it's one of the most creative too!

Good luck with that. You start with a grand transfer budget of £0m as Liverpool.

tumblr_m77nr7qdwb1rvj7j3o1_r1_500.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls Killied Steam/ Slowed it down ? funny how when it went on sale it starts crawling or not loading

Guesong

Well, bought a Chivalry 4 pack and apparantly my copy got lost in the void cause it's not in my game list. >_>

Hopefully it settles when Steam works properly again.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, looking at the Steam forums a lot of people seem to be having the same issue right now.

I'm having the issue on both my desktop and cell phone. It could be a server bog or something similar. Stinks it happened on Christmas, most people will be playing games today.

Yuripaw

Banned
Doesn't really help me, I've only got paypal funds to spare right now. >_< Anyone wanna buy it for me on amazon if I give them paypal gift in exchange?

edit: is steam friend list not working for anyone else? It just won't even try to connect for me.

In reply to my request, if anyone still by some chance does not have a copy of Dota 2, I can gift it along with helping me out with scribblenauts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
was Hotline Miami, or will it be on sale?

It's been half off and will likely be so again, but even if worst comes to pass, assuming you have Amazon's Editor's Choice credit to use, you'll be able to purchase the game for (at least) $5 come January.

Yes, friendlist down over here too. Do anyone knows if achievements register in this situation?

So they have crap deals and no meta game and they still can't stop the servers from dying :p

Makes me wonder whether the general populace even cares at all about that stuff or if its just the hyper-vocal minority here. If Valve is still seeing good sales numbers without the extra hassle of the metagame and without giving discounts as steep as in prior years we may never see either again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not familiar with the Tagés DRM, anyone know how bad it is?

It installs its own drivers to interact with the game data and consequently has been known to have issues similar to that of StarForce (that is, rendering the game unplayable and generally screwing with your OS). Having said that, I had no issues with Risen during its TAGES days ("YMMV" and all that).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
One of the least popular flavours.

Probably the worst in terms of breaking things that's still in common use. Also, absolutely no way to revoke activations.

It installs its own drivers to interact with the game data and consequently has been known to have issues similar to that of StarForce (that is, rendering the game unplayable and generally screwing with your OS). Having said that, I had no issues with Risen during its TAGES days ("YMMV" and all that).

Thanks guys. I will probably spend the extra $5 and buy the steam version of Anno then.

bigace33

I'm not familiar with the Tagés DRM, anyone know how bad it is?

It was horrible with Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena. I could never get the game to work because of it. Had to find more nefarious means to get my legally purchased copy to work.

Sanjay

Just going to get FM13 on Steam, looks like GMG is only going to be £2 cheaper, unless they also let you use coupons.

It's £12.39 from Amazon.com, let's play online and make a League, you can be Man Shitty, Wes can be Arsenal so he can have the same aspiration's as a Aston villa fan winning the League Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom