• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Considering it was the lead platform, I would assume it's the best you're going to get for those games.

Lots of trouble getting them to run on newer hardware.

Check PC gaming wiki

These days they're a bit simple, other than the slow-down mechanic.
If you can deal with having a 3rd person shooter with no cover system, no physics, janky movement and some outdated GFX you can have a good time.

Max Payne 1 on the PC plays really well, had no problem with it (Tried on a XP, though, didn't installed in my W7 machine). Don't know about 2. :(

2 is good apart from no true 16:9 widescreen support (only stretched), 1 is a bit finicky to set up on modern PCs.

The Steam forums have some fixes stickied.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=339

Thank you all for the replies. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
How the fuck can i play Castle Crashers local co-op with 1 xbox 360 controller and 1 keyboard?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know if it's because I have a good bit of games this year, or what, but the Steam sale just feels flat this year. I don't know, it's been extremely underwhelming.

This signifies the moment where you must embark on a rite of passage, during which you cast aside your habitual desire to purchase only what you want to play and simply buy everything you don't own. ;)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Thank you steam:

WI0Ib.jpg

eznark

Banned
Why? Honest question. GAF hype has made me put it into my cart.

I honestly think the only redeeming quality is the music. It plays poor, is heavy handed and has no payoff whatsoever. Total waste of time.

It blows my mind that people love it so much. I guess because the Thumbs guys did.

Artofwar420

I honestly think the only redeeming quality is the music. It plays poor, is heavy handed and has no payoff whatsoever. Total waste of time.

It blows my mind that people love it so much. I guess because the Thumbs guys did.

I liked because I liked playing it. Game doesn't jive with you, that's fine.

legacyzero

Banned
Dammit, I'm running low on money here. I've only got about $20 left, and I'm waiting for the perfect sale.

The Secret World is all I need, that and FTL.

Overall this sale has been too damn good to me. As a rather recent PC gaming adopter I have missed out on so much over the years and these sales gave me a chance to catch up. Now I have more games than I know what to do with. Still kinda irked that I missed Stalker when it was on sale, but it's still just $10 so I am considering it.

I think the game I am most excited about getting was Loom 256 color version for $2.50. Haven't played it since the TG16 CD version.

Wolfie5

Spent so far, 44€

Deadlight
Max Payne 3
Legend of Grimrock
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack
Darksiders Franchise Pack

Pretty good sale for me so far.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hm... Magic: The Gathering i remember playing this as a kid but i totally forgot the rules.

Anyone know if this is good on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom