• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
tumblr_m85mc9VhvG1rt6jzy.gif

Not to put you on the spot or anything :p

Man, if I didn't know better and didn't know that any "big" indie game is bound to end appearing in a Humble Bundle someday, I'd be poor right now. I really want to play both Hotline Miami and Castle Crashers, but I'd only pay what they cost right now if I got three or four more games with them, as in an Indie Royale bundle :lol

Besides, having bought most of the Gamersgate Bethesda bunlde off a gaffer, I don't really think I'll have time to play anything else in 2013 :(

dreamfall

Well damn- a bit naive of me to think that Spiderman might've gone for 75% off instead of the $24.99 it's at here and on Amazon. That means it'll be bought way down the line!

Deadlight impressions? Any good? Skipped on it a couple times but just couldn't pull the trigger.

Hotline Miami is a fun game. Well worth the price. Windows 8 has some issues though. I beat it and tried to load it up later but it won't work anymore.

_machine

Having only bought indie bundles this year I feel bad for not having money left for Hotline Miami or TWD.

Also, if you haven't got it, I really recommend picking up Botanicula at some point, it's definitely one of my favorite games of this year and a great game for the holidays.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm sure it will happen. Every game that was part of a Community Vote has appeared as a Daily or Flash with the same discount, at least on the Summer Sale.
Every developer is going to want the exposure for the sales bump so I would imagine the sale is guaranteed for at least one time.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'm intrigued by Hotline Miami but with so many mixed opinions I think I'll hold, it doesn't help also that the only 2 videos on the steam page have as little gameplay as possible.

demidar

I'm intrigued by Hotline Miami but with so many mixed opinions I think I'll hold, it doesn't help also that the only 2 videos on the steam page have as little gameplay as possible.

Game is ultra-violent and ultra-fatal (one-hit kill on everything, very fast enemies). If you don't like that, don't get it.

Petrie

Banned
I keep waiting for a cheap MTG game, then when one hits my pricepoint, the newer version has come out, so I end up waiting again. I can't seem to break from this vicious cycle.

These yearly releases kill me. I'm never going to get one.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Hotline Miami was an amazing four hours for me. I'm probably going to go back and try to best my scores. It's not often I do that these days.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

It is hard as fuck. You will die...a lot. You have to plan out your attacks, otherwise you will be toast. The visuals and the soundtrack is amazing.

GAMERG0D

All those Daily Deals are pretty decent for today. I've played The Amazing Spider-Man, it's an alright game but it might not be worth 50% off to you.

Derrick01

Banned
Just finished spec ops, what a great experience. I'm definitely guilty of thinking it was yet another generic shooter and passed over it until now and I'm glad I was given the opportunity to go through it. If it comes up in a sale again everyone needs to buy it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Just finished spec ops, what a great experience. I'm definitely guilty of thinking it was yet another generic shooter and passed over it until now and I'm glad I was given the opportunity to go through it. If it comes up in a sale again everyone needs to buy it.
Do you say that mostly because of the story?

Derrick01

Banned
Do you say that mostly because of the story?

Somewhat. I posted yesterday about it but I think the game part is really underrated too. While you don't do anything super special compared to other shooters it is a lot harder on the default difficulty than most shooters since you die quickly and the enemies actually use tactics. I was flanked by sneaky guards quite a few times and paid the price.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What mixed opinions, that the game is great or that the game is fucking awesome? The latter is true, though the former has some merit too.

I'm going to counter with the opinion that it's the most overhyped game of the last few months.

Avoid.

I guess your enjoyment of it will depend on how much you enjoy the kind of story Spec Ops is trying to tell. For me, it had no impact at all and I didn't care about anything that happened. The shooting is just mediocre and has been done better a thousand times.

I'm going to counter with the opinion that it's the most overhyped game of the last few months.

Avoid.

I guess your enjoyment of it will depend on how much you enjoy the kind of story Spec Ops is trying to tell. For me, it had no impact at all and I didn't care about anything that happened. The shooting is just mediocre and has been done better a thousand times.

Nope. Second most overhyped behind that pile of garbage that is Binary Domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom