• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max Payne 3 for $15- yay or nay? I've been waiting for it to hit $10 or less but I'm tempted to get it now. Is there any Dead Man Walking mode like in Max Payne 2?

DagsJT

Pretty average reviews on Deadlight so I'll wait for it to go cheaper. Not convinced I've got the skill for Dark Souls so only Castle Crashers likely.

zkylon

zkylewd
What have they done now?
What errors do we have today? I don't wanna miss out! Stuck on mobile!
What have they fucked up on now?
What is the latest error in our favour?

KILLER *****! Oh wow, I had no idea that THAT combo was censored! haha.
Error you say? ;)
Did I hear gamersgate pricing error?
Oh my god I was just asking lol

dot

I sent Hoos that Arkham City game, and she sent me back a Scribblenauts key from amazon.

T-thank you friend! ;_;

MELLY CHLISTMASU TO EVERYONEEE

Deal for GG has already been fixed iirc.

Viking: Battle for asgard for like $2.50 and Fallen Enchantress for $6-7. There may have been others, but that's the only ones I heard about.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Max Payne 3 for $15- yay or nay? I've been waiting for it to hit $10 or less but I'm tempted to get it now. Is there any Dead Man Walking mode like in Max Payne 2?
If you can get a Latin American friend to help you, it's $11.24 here.

And yes, it was worth $30, so it's a steal at $15.

BlackJace

Check out the Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalker series, as the franchise is 50-75% off.
The decks aren't customizable, but the challenges and reputability are great. Good way to break in the game too.

Pretty average reviews on Deadlight so I'll wait for it to go cheaper. Not convinced I've got the skill for Dark Souls so only Castle Crashers likely.

You don't need some amazing gaming skills to beat Dark Souls. I'm pretty much one of the shittiest gamers and I got through it without too much effort. You need a lot of patience and persistence, but I can't stand it when I see people flat out ignore it because they've heard that it's some near impossible feat to finish the game. That's a myth. It is pretty tough and you will die a lot, but I think that makes it really fun and super rewarding. It also makes the exploration a lot better than in most games because you feel somewhat privileged to see new locales and face new enemies.

If you just get mad because you can't run up to a boss and press buttons and win, yeah, you probably won't like it-- try RE6 maybe-- but if you want a challenging, absorbing, and completely rewarding experience, get this game. I hate it that so many people are too spooked to even try the game. If I can beat it anyone can.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How much is the Harley-Quinn DLC? I own everything else already. $7.49 for that game full package is crazy.
Wow, you can't even buy it separate, they just redirect you to the GOTY page. Base game buyers are even more fucked than they were before. Fuck you WB, I'm never buying a game new from you again.

You don't need some amazing gaming skills to beat Dark Souls. I'm pretty much one of the shittiest gamers and I got through it without too much effort. You need a lot of patience and persistence, but I can't stand it when I see people flat out ignore it because they've heard that it's some near impossible feat to finish the game. That's a myth. It is pretty tough and you will die a lot, but I think that makes it really fun and super rewarding. It also makes the exploration a lot better than in most games because you feel somewhat privileged to see new locales and face new enemies.

If you just get mad because you can't run up to a boss and press buttons and win, yeah, you probably won't like it-- try RE6 maybe-- but if you want a challenging, absorbing, and completely rewarding experience, get this game. I hate it that so many people are too spooked to even try the game. If I can beat it anyone can.

couldn't agree more..people shouldnt avoid cause its hard. The game has one of my favorite combat systems ever

jediyoshi

Wow, you can't even buy it separate, they just redirect you to the GOTY page. Base game buyers are even more fucked than they were before. Fuck you WB, I'm never buying a game new from you again.

The real comedy of errors is that you still could buy it separately for your steam version,
from your overlords at xbox.com

Sober

Would you guys buy the MTG 2012 Gold or the new 2013? The constant debate of which and when to buy has kept me away from these. Thinking I'll wait on hotline and grab a Magic game instead as a former huge TCG guy.

Also Add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/petrieslastword
2012 is serviceable, though I only put maybe a few hours into 2013. From what I noticed they added way more cards to unlock so you can change your deck more drastically from time to time. They made it so you have some control over land tapping in 2013 but you need to buy the expansions for that because almost all the base decks are monocoloured.

How much is the Harley-Quinn DLC? I own everything else already. $7.49 for that game full package is crazy.
That sucks, it was okay if it was 3 bucks or something when it was on sale. You might have to try somewhere else buy Gamersgate only has it for 5$ which is still a bit much. Sucks they took away the option to buy the DLC and just overrode it with the GOTY version.

It honestly is like 2 hours long and is just more Batman (you play as Robin). If you really liked BAC I guess you could drop the money for it.

couldn't agree more..people shouldnt avoid cause its hard. The game has one of my favorite combat systems ever

Also, I should add, the co-op experience is absolutely incredible, so even if you do find that it's too hard and you're convinced that you just can't get past something, partner up with someone and tag-team some tough areas and bosses. I played most of the game solo because I wanted to do much of it on my own, but there were one or two bosses that I fought with a partner and it made those battles supremely epic.

There's really no excuse to avoid the game. Even if you find it too hard, get someone online to help you out. Just don't NOT play it because of the difficulty. The difficulty is one of the best things about the game and helps makes the experience amazing. It gives you that same feel that those old school tough as nails games used to give you back in the day.

Free Hotline: Miami to the first dude/dudette that gives me a good Youtube link to the song at the end of Drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

This?

And a real hero...

Also, is anyone still playing Shattered Horizon? I've been waiting for so long to get it and now that it's only like 2-3 euros I just might buy it for the experience.

It was pretty quiet when a buddy and I checked it out over the summer. It's a shame, since it seemed pretty neat.

Ryan_

Is Castle Crashers worth it in this daily deal? And how about Arkham City?

Also, is anyone still playing Shattered Horizon? I've been waiting for so long to get it and now that it's only like 2-3 euros I just might buy it for the experience.

GAMERG0D

Castle Crashers is definitely worth it at that price. I hear good things about AC but it's been cheaper on other sites in other deals.

Shepard

Arkham City is the best hero game I've played. Some people think Asylum is better, but they are great, great games, among the best this gen. Castle Crashers is a really nice game, but I can hardly find an online match :(

Would you guys buy the MTG 2012 Gold or the new 2013? The constant debate of which and when to buy has kept me away from these. Thinking I'll wait on hotline and grab a Magic game instead as a former huge TCG guy.

Also Add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/petrieslastword

If you are new to magic I think I'd recommend just buying 2012 gold since you'll get way more decks that way. 2013 has less decks (unless you buy all the expansions), but has more cards that are unlockable for the few decks there. So...if you love the feeling of unlocking things get 2013. If you just want more variety without spending the extra cash get 2012.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sacred 2 would be good if it would crash less. It's an interesting take on loot games as it sports a fairly open world. It crashes about every 15 minutes for me, and multiplayer leads to lots of quest desynchronization issues so I gave up on it in the end. Dungeon Siege 3 was incredibly unremarkable.

RM8

Guys, would Ninja Blade be any enjoyable for someone who despises QTEs and overly cinematic games but loves ninja games?

atomico

I fucking hate that "real hero" song

... and speaking of songs, what are the odds of Rocksmith DLC being discounted further than it already is (35%)?

Guys, would Ninja Blade be any enjoyable for someone who despises QTEs and overly cinematic games but loves ninja games?

You're probably gonna hate Ninja Blade's guts

It gives you that same feel that those old school tough as nails games used to give you back in the day.

I've played a little bit of Dark Souls and this is the vibe I got, which is precisely why I don't want to play it. That sort of thing is not fun to me. I've never liked the arcade style "eat your quarters" style game, and I've never liked the sort of the games that make you simply memorize the traps to avoid them Dragon's Lair style. That's what I associate old-school difficulty with: arbitrary stuff you could have never known about until it kills you.

I'm not afraid of difficulty. I like games that have enough freedom to allow you to actually build up a strategy and execute it. From everything GAF has said, it sounds like Dark Souls is supposed to be up that sort of tree, but my initial impressions spoke otherwise. Hopefully someone will assure me that Dark Souls doesn't fit this mold and that my impressions are misguided.

Ryan_

Any thoughts on Shattered Horizon for 2.49?

And I'm kinda tempted by MGTW Duels of the plainswalker 13 but I haven't played any MTG games ever. Is it still a good buy if wanna play against the A.I. rather than getting my ass ahnded to me online?

1-D_FTW

I just bought that DLC on opening day. Harley Quinn was 2.50.

It was a pita to install. Sent me to google to realize I had to copy the serial onto paper, go into Live, enter the serial there, exit to the Live download manager, rub a couple stones together, dance backwards, and finally get it installed and recognized in my game.

Alucrid

Banned
Haven't played DS3 but there are better loot games than Sacred 2 out there like Titan Quest and Torchlight 2.

Sacred 2 would be good if it would crash less. It's an interesting take on loot games as it sports a fairly open world. It crashes about every 15 minutes for me, and multiplayer leads to lots of quest desynchronization issues so I gave up on it in the end. Dungeon Siege 3 was incredibly unremarkable.

The same can be said to DS3, it's a nice, kinda generic game. It's fun, though.

Thanks. Titan Quest looks pretty good then. Don't want to play Torchlight 2 just yet since I'm still a bit burnt out from 1

Any thoughts on Shattered Horizon for 2.49?

And I'm kinda tempted by MGTW Duels of the plainswalker 13 but I haven't played any MTG games ever. Is it still a good buy if wanna play against the A.I. rather than getting my ass ahnded to me online?

Shattered Horizon is worth that, but there aren't any people playing it like at all.

It's fun to install it and play around with bots for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom