• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad I'm considering buying Hotline Miami for the soundtrack alone? I think the game could be good, but I keep hearing about all the bugs and how a gamepad doesn't' work with it. Did they ever fix that?

Platy

Guys, would Ninja Blade be any enjoyable for someone who despises QTEs and overly cinematic games but loves ninja games?

You probbaly will only like Mark of Ninja =P

I fucking hate that "real hero" song

... and speaking of songs, what are the odds of Rocksmith DLC being discounted further than it already is (35%)?

DLCs are usualy in discount when the game is discounted .. so there is a chance.

Tizoc

I have Magic 2013 on my PS3 but am rather tempted to get it on PC just to mess around with when I feel bored, and the additional stuff that comes with $10 ver. is tempting. Anyone who bought it at $10 mind providing their impressions on the Soundtrack and PDF story please?

Oh and feel free to add me to your friend list~
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc789

@Ryan: Magic is easy to learn but you will need to take time for it to sink in. If you get 2013, keep replaying the very first Planeswalker since he's easy. Garruk is do-able but he's more offensive than the 1st one.

Ryan_

I have Magic 2013 on my PS3 but am rather tempted to get it on PC just to mess around with when I feel bored, and the additional stuff that comes with $10 ver. is tempting. Anyone who bought it at $10 mind providing their impressions on the Soundtrack and PDF story please?

Oh and feel free to add me to your friend list~
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc789

@Ryan: Magic is easy to learn but you will need to take time for it to sink in. If you get 2013, keep replaying the very first Planeswalker since he's easy. Garruk is do-able but he's more offensive than the 1st one.

Thanks for the heads up :) So do you think the game is worth it?

Cheddahz

Banned
I just bought my friend from school a copy of Arkham Asylum, since he has never played the Rocksteady Batman titles, I hope he enjoys it

Tizoc

Thanks for the heads up :) So do you think the game is worth it?

Personally? Yes, get the $10 ver. since it comes with IIRC 9 additional decks with some being multicolored. Each deck in the game is unique and the customization options for some are interesting.
A few quick pointers:
1- Always have at least 60 cards in your deck, don't go for more than 60 until you're more familiar with the game.
2- When you get a new card, always check it and see if it is useful, if you find it's not ver effective remove it.
3- You MUST win at lest 30 games with a single deck to unlock all its cards which is irritating especially since there are at least 2 of the same card to unlock. Base game has 10 decks so you'd need to win 300 games to unlock all their cards! It may be a grind but if you end up liking the game, and like unlocking stuff, it shouldn't be a problem.

AHA-Lambda

I'm going to counter with the opinion that it's the most overhyped game of the last few months.

Avoid.

I guess your enjoyment of it will depend on how much you enjoy the kind of story Spec Ops is trying to tell. For me, it had no impact at all and I didn't care about anything that happened. The shooting is just mediocre and has been done better a thousand times.

*citizenkaneclapping.gif*

1-D_FTW

Gs6d4.jpg

Which is odd. Because people were grumbling on the 20th that they were locked out of Harley Quinn then too. I have the base version of AC and was able to purchase for 2.49 with no problem (it was 3 games X 2.49 = 7.47).

Is it bad I'm considering buying Hotline Miami for the soundtrack alone? I think the game could be good, but I keep hearing about all the bugs and how a gamepad doesn't' work with it. Did they ever fix that?

360 pad works with it fine though I prefer it with the KB/M. I didn't come across any bugs I can recall. Go for it, it's brilliant.

Necrovex

I really wish I didn't buy Hitman Absoultion. The game's content is decent, however I am encountering so many technical issues in the game. The game completely broke on me again, and I am unable to continue pass chapter I. Fuck this broken-ass game. This isn't worth $20.

Kud Dukan

So...I've got $50 in my Steam wallet that was given to me as a gift. I was really hoping to pick up Far Cry 3 and play it over the next week before I start work, but with the sale on I'm really conflicted. It won't cost me anything (since it was a gift), but I would still be really annoyed if I grabbed it today and it ended up getting any kind of discount during the rest of the sale...

Koroviev

So...I've got $50 in my Steam wallet that was given to me as a gift. I was really hoping to pick up Far Cry 3 and play it over the next week before I start work, but with the sale on I'm really conflicted. It won't cost me anything (since it was a gift), but I would still be really annoyed if I grabbed it today and it ended up getting any kind of discount during the rest of the sale...

If it's not a featured item, then wait.

I just gotta send some major love to Credo for gifting me some games while I was out of town. You are a Gentleman and a Scholar!

Thanks for They Bleed Pixels, Critter Crunch, and Dead Pixels. You are amazing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom