• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
To US Gaffers, can someone gift me Terraria and Hotline Miami? I'll paypal you the price in dollars. It will also help you towards the holiday badge, and me saving some euros this way.

REV 09

I'm going to counter with the opinion that it's the most overhyped game of the last few months.

Avoid.

I guess your enjoyment of it will depend on how much you enjoy the kind of story Spec Ops is trying to tell. For me, it had no impact at all and I didn't care about anything that happened. The shooting is just mediocre and has been done better a thousand times.
I wouldn't say avoid, but spec ops is very overrated around these parts, especially if you care about gameplay. The story is unique for games but not particularly great.

Koroviev

I wouldn't say avoid, but spec ops is very overrated around these parts, especially if you care about gameplay. The story is unique for games but not particularly great.

I'm looking forward to it as an experience. Since it's only a few hours, I don't think I'll be too bothered by the mediocre mechanics.

Mikor

SO whats the deal with Towns? A greenlight game that is available as a beta?

Pretty much, yeah. Imagine if Minecraft, pre-release, was able to be purchased from Steam directly, and you have the idea.

That said, its a fairly competent Dwarf Fortress clone. I like it personally, from the few hours I've played of it, but a lot of that time was spent blindly clicking about and trying to make heads and tails of the UI. There is a tutorial but it covers very little. It's not for everyone but if you like Dwarf Fortress its a fun alternative.

xJavonta

Banned

Not aimed at you or anything, but I really hate how we rate games' stories as good or bad "for a videogame." I just feel like we should aim higher than that, but at the same time, I totally see why they're rated this way.

AEREC

So how bad is Deadlight? I haven't heard anything good about it. I played the demo on XBLA when it came out and loved the atmosphere but thought it was a rough on the technical side so Ive been waiting on the PC version. But now it seems like that is a buggy mess.

Are Flash Sales equivilent to Daily Deals? I've really been holding out for Dark Souls, it's a Flash Sale today, but I think everyone knows the cardinal rule of steam sales :)

AEREC

So...I've got $50 in my Steam wallet that was given to me as a gift. I was really hoping to pick up Far Cry 3 and play it over the next week before I start work, but with the sale on I'm really conflicted. It won't cost me anything (since it was a gift), but I would still be really annoyed if I grabbed it today and it ended up getting any kind of discount during the rest of the sale...

It just came out so I doubt it would go on sale. Small chance it might be 10% off but I doubt it.

Are Flash Sales equivilent to Daily Deals? I've really been holding out for Dark Souls, it's a Flash Sale today, but I think everyone knows the cardinal rule of steam sales :)

Usually yes, although since Dark Souls is steam works it may be cheaper on GMG or amazon soon.

Beaten by NAB buy on amazon.

Phinor

Wow a Swedish retail store has The Secret World for 29 SEK ($4.4). Sadly it's retail, so only for Swedes. Was thinking of buying some to sell to GAFers, but we'll see if it'll happen. If so you guys'll be the first to know.

Finland has the same stores as well, although they are called Gigantti here. So off I went to check the price: download for 60.09€, retail copy for 49.95€. Or 520 SEK and 432 SEK.

Great pricing here guys, keep it up!

dreamfall

Max Payne 3 is a very polarizing game it seems. I loved every minute of it myself.

Borderlands2BroFist-300x164.png

Hey I loved it too! Although, it's tough to say that around GAF- and rightfully so! Too many unskippable cutscenes, but the most satisfying gun play ever.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you guys know if the retail copies come with a cd-key that you can just easily send to someone and they can register it, no matter the region?
No freaking idea, I live in the opposite corner of the world.

I'd venture to say yes, though that key being Steam-redeemable is very unlikely.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
We're not actually sure what prices will be by the time that credit goes live, people are just extrapolating what they might be based on current prices.

I believe that info came from Tony himself. Dark Souls will go up to $18 starting tomorrow. And stay that way until Jan. 5th.

So Hotline Miami is NOT gonna go cheaper than 50% this entire sale right? I mean i DID wait for the daily deals so...

they're not gonna throw it into a flash sale in a few days at 75% now are they?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
darkness 2 price on steam is buggy 4 pack is £29.99 which is same as buying single copy on steam lololol

Im_Special

So Hotline Miami is NOT gonna go cheaper than 50% this entire sale right? I mean i DID wait for the daily deals so...

they're not gonna throw it into a flash sale in a few days at 75% now are they?
The game is still quite buggy and if you use Windows 8 probably can't even get it to work, it's also going to be 2.50$ on Amazon in January with that 5$ credit if you can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom