• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

I'd like to keep it affordable(5-15$), ill post some examples of the stuff I have piled for the giveaway so far:
BIOSHOCK 1 x2
BIOSHOCK 2
Xenoclash
Closure x 3
Indie game the movie x3
Shank 2 x 3
Snapshot x3
Binding of Isaac +DLC x 3
Dungeon Defenders + DLC
Legend of Grimrock
Deus Ex Human Revolution AR
Stacking
Costume quest
Psychonauts x2
Batman Arkham City goty
Batman Asylum goty
Darksiders
Darksiders 2
Thomas Was Alone
Spec Ops: The Line

Costume Quest? Assuming it quote for what you want

Caerith

What did you guys buy today?

This sale is either depressing, or maybe I just have too many games already.
I got the THQ Medley at Amazon for $5 with my "$5 of THQ on 12/25 only" voucher.

Hmm, they're all showing up if I search for them here.

EDIT: Ah, they're on the store... you just can't buy them. Yeah, that's really crappy.
Yup. They were sitting in my cart just two days ago actually but I was holding off on buying anything until after xmas morning came. That'll show me.

The_Monk

If that's the case, I'd take Deus Ex HR.

Spec ops or bioshock 2 would be sweet. Same name as gaf. You don't know me but I've read every post in this thread. Lurker/moocher out!! Merry Christmas!!

Man, I think you missed the point...

I'd like to keep it affordable(5-15$), ill post some examples of the stuff I have piled for the giveaway so far:

That's a good price point. If we get more people to do this I might be in to spread the love too!

Sajjaja

BIOSHOCK 1 x2
BIOSHOCK 2
Xenoclash
Closure x 3
Indie game the movie x3
Shank 2 x 3
Snapshot x3
Binding of Isaac +DLC x 3
Dungeon Defenders + DLC
Legend of Grimrock
Deus Ex Human Revolution AR
Stacking
Costume quest
Psychonauts x2
Batman Arkham City goty
Batman Asylum goty
Darksiders
Darksiders 2
Thomas Was Alone
Spec Ops: The Line
Just Cause 2

If that's the case, I'd take Deus Ex HR.

Come on guys, just read his damn post!

I wouldn't mind gifting something 5$-ish either, sounds fun to me! I can only do it in the next two hours, though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man, I tried to give away Saints Row 3 the total package last night and had literally no interest.
I was being lazy and already deleted the base game to make myself move on to others since I didn't have the DLC, lol.

Firebrand

Yup. They were sitting in my cart just two days ago actually but I was holding off on buying anything until after xmas morning came. That'll show me.

WB is such a shit company. AA & AC are both great games but with such anti-consumer behavior with the DRM and this they deserve as little money as possible for their products.

It's 15 on amazon

Usually yes, although since Dark Souls is steam works it may be cheaper on GMG or amazon soon.

Beaten by NAB buy on amazon.

Thanks guys... looks good! One last question (should have asked before, sorry)... I'm getting a new PC some time in the next 2 weeks. I REALLY want to play Dark Souls now, but is there any extra BS DRM in it? I just dont want to play it, upgrade, then be told I've already activated it on another PC or other such nonsense.

To those debating whether Max Payne 3 is worth 15 bucks I vote no.

The core gameplay is average at best, the story sucked and being interrupted every 10 mins with unskippable cutscenes was unbearable.

Woah, good thing I bought Harley Quinn's Revenge a few days ago. It's the only DLC I really wanted.

And where is my Fallout sale Steam? I really want New Vegas.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you want someone else to make the decision for you, play Batman Arkham Asylum. Incredibly good game. Browsing GAF is cool though, it's what I'm doing.
Should I juggle between the two, with small doses of They Bleed Pixels inbetween? I don't know how everyone manages to play like this, I never had so many games at my disposal at the same time before.

Cbajd5

I just bought the Sonic Bundle Steam has and Sonic Adventure 2 is refusing to download properly. It just finishes downloading (as in the game text turns white) instantly and then when I try to play the game it fails to start because of the missing executable. Deleting local content and re-downloading, restarting Steam, and verifying the integrity of the game cache doesn't do anything to fix it.

Anyone else run into this?

Caerith

Thanks guys... looks good! One last question (should have asked before, sorry)... I'm getting a new PC some time in the next 2 weeks. I REALLY want to play Dark Souls now, but is there any extra BS DRM in it? I just dont want to play it, upgrade, then be told I've already activated it on another PC or other such nonsense.
It has GFWL, but a pretty unintrusive GFWL. You can back up saves and stuff like that (using DSFix), I haven't had any issues with it. You should be fine playing on a separate PC.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone want to spread some Christmas spirit and gift me Nights?

I can trade you Cthulhu and Breath of Death in exchange.

Hixx

Decided to get Hotline Miami, only £3.50 anyway if it turns out to be shit. But after a quick 30 minute go I love it. So unforgiving, one fuck up and it's over. But knocking someone over with a door, throwing your pipe at some dude taking a piss before smashing their heads off the floor... it's morbid but oh so fun.

Tizoc

Does anyone want to spread some Christmas spirit and gift me Nights?

I can trade you Cthulhu and Breath of Death in exchange.

Hmmm...give me a day...or until NiGHTs goes on sale...I'll see if I can gift you. for now add me to your friendlist so I can find you easliy; tizoc789.

Wow a Swedish retail store has The Secret World for 29 SEK ($4.4). Sadly it's retail, so only for Swedes. Was thinking of buying some to sell to GAFers, but we'll see if it'll happen. If so you guys'll be the first to know.

Not sure if you decided to do it, but I'll buy a bunch of copies and sell to GAF for $5 otherwise, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Need a couple of buyers to cover the shipping at least.

Note: Non-steam and looks like it's not region restricted.

GK86, Thanks a bunch for Vice City! I was actually going to pick that up this sale because it was missing during the last sale. What a great surprise! Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom