• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchmann

Not anymore. Steam just did a dickmove. I bought Scribblenauts Unlimited Steam key a few weeks ago from Amazon because I couldn't wait for the European release and now that the European pre-order is up Steam won't let me play the game. Play button has been changed into a friggin pre-load button. :-(

Same here. You can still start the game manually via the Scribble.exe in the game folder, but all Steamworks features are gone and I found no way of changing the game language.

Hakkuei

Looks like no one has commented on War of the Roses yet. Some impressions would be neat. I've already played a ton of Chivalry, but I have enough room in my heart for two medieval combat games. Looks like Roses may not match Chiv's awesome combat, but it has a lot more in the way of customization and variety. I'm also curious about technical performance and stability and all dat.

Fuck, I just want to buy something :(.

Don't buy it if you already have Warband. If not, just buy Warband.

Bloodsent

So Borderlands 2 is $30, and the season pass, also $30, gets you all of the DLC? Or do you have to buy some of it separately? Is that even a good deal? I loved Borderlands Game of the Year I bought last year, just never got around to picking up Borderlands 2 yet.

Toki767

Which PoP game should I grab? I already have TSoT. Is 08 the one people like?

Prince of Persia 2008 was great for the Prince/Elika interaction. The game does kind of play itself though.

So Borderlands 2 is $30, and the season pass, also $30, gets you all of the DLC? Or do you have to buy some of it separately? Is that even a good deal? I loved Borderlands Game of the Year I bought last year, just never got around to picking up Borderlands 2 yet.

The season pass gets you like 4 add-ons. Not all the DLC.

Not anymore. Steam just did a dickmove. I bought Scribblenauts Unlimited Steam key a few weeks ago from Amazon because I couldn't wait for the European release and now that the European pre-order is up Steam won't let me play the game. Play button has been changed into a friggin pre-load button. :-(

OH WTF! I was playing this 40mins ago!

EDIT: AHA! Browse to the Steam install folder and load up the .exe directly and it runs. TO HELL WITH YOU BACKWARDS REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS!

maladroit

you don't get the creature slaughter dome, the collector's edition bonus thing, or the mechromancer character. it's only for the planned 4 DLC campaigns.

edit: the only one of these that's substantial is the mechromancer character, the other two are like bonus skins and a shitty arena sidequest.

Mrbob

Damn that Indie pack for 70 dollars is amazing. 30 games, most of them super high quality. If I didn't own 2/3 of the games already I'd buy it.

oipic

The Red Faction: Guerrilla situation is a bummer - I passed on the Amazon pack as I have everything but this, and was planning to pick it up during this sale. THQ, I'm sad. :(

One or another of the PoP games for me today, I think - still internally debating pack vs. particular individual games, yada yada.

Toki767

Damn that Indie pack for 70 dollars is amazing. 30 games, most of them super high quality. If I didn't own 2/3 of the games already I'd buy it.

Yeah. If it would let me gift the games I already had, I'd be all over it and be done with Christmas gifts.

steam sales be whack

mBNy1.png

im on the winning team

Been thinking of pulling the trigger on this. Is it worth $5?

VashTS

steam sales be whack

mBNy1.png

im on the winning team

I also jumped on it this week and while the SP is kind of weak.

I'm looking forward to trying out the co-op. We should start a syndicate GAF group for co-op games.
It seems as though maybe the MP scene for this game is dead?

I really hope capcom's games go on a huge sale price. For some reason I really want Lost Planet 2 on PC.

Haven't been able to log onto steam at all. Giving me the server busy issue. Anyone else have this? I just want to start up Planetside 2. I already own everything that is on sale. I just wanna play my game, and I can't launch steam in offline mode.

Boo.
LLShC.gif

Lyonaz

Only bought the PoP complete pack so far. Don't think I'm gonna spend much this winter sale. Total War Shogun 2 maybe when it hits 75% off.

Nabs

Only bought the PoP complete pack so far. Don't think I'm gonna spend much this winter sale. Total War Shogun 2 maybe when it hits 75% off.

You just spent 12.50 on a bunch of PoP games you don't really need. You're going to spend a lot of money this sale.

dreamfall

I'm just really hoping for some Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 deal. I love the Steam sale excitement though, and looking through a wish list full of older titles with everything less than $9 is pretty awesome!

Famassu

Fable 2 is soooo awesome, Put in 45 hours and 100% the game + dlc
Fable 2 is just as bad as the rest (& worse than 3 in many regards). The basic controls of the game are pretty much the worst I've ever experienced in what is supposed to be an AAA level game, the combat is mindless & clumsy (even worse than in Bethesda's games, which is quite the feat), the game is infested with mini-games that are too easy and no fun at all + they all repeat the same formula, the writing isn't funny or good at all, the world design is really straightforward and doesn't feel rewarding to explore. I guess the game can look decent & it does react to your doings, no matter how stupidly black & white everything is. But... yeah, one of the worst experiences I've made myself suffer through during this generation.

Isaccard

Darksiders 2 + All DLC worth $13?

Still playing the first, and it's enjoyable so far, sans the inability to change the resolution.

Wait on Bard's Tale or just get it now? It's not a daily, but it's already 75%!

I doubt it's going on a daily, as it's too old and not part of any current franchise. Generally speaking, the games that are already discounted more than 75% aren't likely to appear as daily/flash/vote deals, though I'm guessing that there have been some exceptions in the past.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'm thinking of buying Natural Selection 2. Is there a youtube video that gives a good overview of the game and/or a good gameplay video?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shitty game with both GfWL and Securom no matter what price they sell it for. I wouldn't get it even for free.

No, it isn't. It's much worse then Fable 2, and comes with both GfWL and Securom.
That's the reason I haven't bought the Batman Arkham games.

Lyonaz

You just spent 12.50 on a bunch of PoP games you don't really need. You're going to spend a lot of money this sale.

Nah I loved Sands of Time and PoP 2008 on the consoles and never played the other ones, so the pack is worth it, because I'm actually going to play those. :p

And most of the newer games I already have or can wait for cheaper prices next spring sale.

Lkr

That's the reason I haven't bought the Batman Arkham games.

tbh, as much as people bitch about DRM, I have installed AA on 4 machines and have not had an issue. i understand that GFWL isn't anything special, but maybe i just don't mind it as much because i have xbl

Sadist

Nah I loved Sands of Time and PoP 2008 on the consoles and never played the other ones, so the pack is worth it, because I'm actually going to play those. :p

And most of the newer games I already have or can wait for cheaper prices next spring sale.
Brace yourself for Warrior Within

20041203l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom