• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

I don't plan on buying anything for myself this sale, but I did buy that amazing 30-game indie bundle for a friend who had none of the games in it. Amnesia, Dear Esther, Bastion, Limbo, Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, Terraria, SPAZ, Orcs Must Die 2, Super Meat Boy, etc -- 30 games for $70 (some $200+ in savings) is a STEAL.

The_Monk

:')

Fellow GAFfers... I just finished To the Moon and as much I would like to say something about the game I find some problems while trying to find the right choice of words. Perhaps it's because English is not my main language or perhaps it was because this game just caught me by surprise. The Story is very original and creative and you will want to see the end, you may get a bit emotional, you will laugh and I'm sure you will enjoy the ride. I really wanted to say better things about the game but lack of better words fail me. I'm sorry. Maybe it's because we ( I ) are living hard times, maybe because we are getting closer to the Holiday Season, or perhaps maybe it has something to do with the story itself I don't know, some fellow GAFfers now that my 93 old grandfather had an accident and it's up to me and the family to take care of him. Between, work, family, love and gaming I had to find time for him, to carry him over a two floor building in a wheelchair until my hands got blisters and I become tired. It feels good to be kind and this Story really was some fresh air on my gaming, on my Steam Library, and so on.

Give it a try some day, fellow GAFfers, sorry for the wall text, thanks for reading.

RvAcw.jpg

PS: It seems this game is 50% Off right now.

Hitman Absolution is £12.99 over at Simply Games right now:

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19750/Hitman-Absolution-CD-KEY-Download-PC

Claims to be Steam redeemable.

People over at HotUKDeals seem to confirm it too!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hitman-absolution-pc-12-99-simplygames-cd-key-1418857
AWESOME thanks for that 15 Euro for a game that has been released not even 1.5 months ago is awesome!
I'm thinking of buying Natural Selection 2. Is there a youtube video that gives a good overview of the game and/or a good gameplay video?
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-natural-selection-ii/17-6744/
Watch this, if your not exited about the game by the end of this video I do not think that you will ever like it.

Fellow GAFfers... I just finished To the Moon and as much I would like to say something about the game I find some problems while trying to find the right choice of words. Perhaps it's because English is not my main language or perhaps it was because this game just caught me by surprise. The Story is very original and creative and you will want to see the end, you may get a bit emotional, you will laugh and I'm sure you will enjoy the ride. I really wanted to say better things about the game but lack of better words fail me. I'm sorry. Maybe it's because we ( I ) are living hard times, maybe because we are getting closer to the Holiday Season, or perhaps maybe it has something to do with the story itself I don't know, some fellow GAFfers now that my 93 old grandfather had an accident and it's up to me and the family to take care of him. Between, work, family, love and gaming I had to find time for him, to carry him over a two floor building in a wheelchair until my hands got blisters and I become tired. It feels good to be kind and this Story really was some fresh air on my gaming, on my Steam Library, and so on.

Give it a try some day, fellow GAFfers, sorry for the wall text, thanks for reading.

RvAcw.jpg

To the Moon is an amazing story wrapped in horrible gameplay. The story by itself would've been just as amazing in another medium..

Nekrono

The "wait for daily deals" rule still applies to flash deals? Yes, no?

I'm considering Natural Selection 2 but I don't know if I should wait, at 60% off I doubt it will go lower.

To the Moon is an amazing story wrapped in horrible gameplay. The story by itself would've been just as amazing in another medium..

It wouldn't have been too bad if they didn't feel the need to justify it being a videogame by adding arbitrary gameplay sequences.

I do think it's rather minor though.

lupinko

Just bought Scribblenauts Unlimited, The Secret World and Arkham City GOTY, the latter will be thrown to the backlog.

Perfect timing for TSW to use the GW model too!

alstein

Safe so far!

I forgot the rule on flash sales..they typ safe to buy?

Flash sales are when you should buy something- usually they're heavier than the normal sales. If the discount's not enough, might as well wait for the next big sale in a few weeks.

The "wait for daily deals" rule still applies to flash deals? Yes, no?

I'm considering Natural Selection 2 but I don't know if I should wait, at 60% off I doubt it will go lower.
I think the last few sales, the flash deal prices have been the same as the daily deal prices. I wouldn't feel too bad about biting on a flash deal, personally.

Credo

RvAcw.jpg

I absolutely loved it. There's not really any gameplay to speak of, but it's one of the best interactive stories I've come across in a long time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The Red Faction: Guerrilla situation is a bummer - I passed on the Amazon pack as I have everything but this, and was planning to pick it up during this sale. THQ, I'm sad. :(

One or another of the PoP games for me today, I think - still internally debating pack vs. particular individual games, yada yada.
Wow, it's true. Valve removed the buy button. Luckily I got it as part of the Red Faction franchise pack a couple of months ago, though I haven't even launched it yet. I guess I should do it in order to ensure a CD key, just in case Steam stops providing new ones.

And I think I'll get the whole package. The only reason I'm doubting is because $13 seems too much to spend on the first day.

Nekrono

I think the last few sales, the flash deal prices have been the same as the daily deal prices. I wouldn't feel too bad about biting on a flash deal, personally.

Thanks, now I just have to do some research on the game.

Which brings me to my next question... Is 50% the lowest War of the Roses has been?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
tbh, as much as people bitch about DRM, I have installed AA on 4 machines and have not had an issue. i understand that GFWL isn't anything special, but maybe i just don't mind it as much because i have xbl
Mmm... Arkham Asylum is 5 bucks, wish it were 4. And AC is locked here, so I'd have to wait for an Amazon/GMG sale.

Almighty

So does anyone know if Wargame: European Escalation is any good?

The trailers makes it look like World in Conflict which I enjoyed.

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
just got home. answered all pms. anybody else interested in natural selection 2 deluxe edition for $12 gift payment via paypal? pm me. thanks!

DTKT

So does anyone know if Wargame: European Escalation is any good?

The trailers makes it look like World in Conflict which I enjoyed.

I own and played it for a few hours. It's reminiscent of WiC, but it's not quite the same. It's always set on a bigger scale, there is more emphasis on unit stats and there is less micro-management.

It's a very good game though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Arkham City GOTY was on sale for less than $5 on GMG less than a week ago :(
Yup, but by that time I still wasn't convinced it was worth it due to the activations limit and that stuff. But I really want to play it, so next time it's $5 I'll get it. Maybe Tony will be able to make a $7.50 bundle with the GOTY editions of both games?

I haven't bought anything yet. I am hoping Dark Souls will be in the next flash sale (probably not).

Yup, but by that time I still wasn't convinced it was worth it due to the activations limit and that stuff. But I really want to play it, so next time it's $5 I'll get it. Maybe Tony will be able to make a $7.50 bundle with the GOTY editions of both games?

As extremely obnoxious as GFWL is, the Batman games are definitely worth putting up with it.

Petrie

Banned

I'd bite on this in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom