• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Underwhelming sale so far, none of my games at -75% yet.

My wishlist for -75%

Walking Dead
Dishonored
Dark Souls
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Kane & Lynch 2
Borderlands 2
Torchlight II
Ass Creed III

It feels weird not buying that much this time since I already picked up most of it back in the Summer. Picked up PoP 2008 since I had my eye on that for a while, though.

Interested to see if the tree badge lights up after getting the rest of the steps done.

Isaccard

My wishlist for -75%

Walking Dead
Dishonored
Dark Souls
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Kane & Lynch 2
Borderlands 2
Torchlight II
Ass Creed III

Hitman is on Amazon for $20. Doubt it'll get any lower for awhile

It's kinda weird that you can change the resolution of Intrusion 2 while in full screen yet there is no way to change the resolution of it while in Windowed Mode. It's kind of hard on the eyes in fullscreen 1080p so I've been playing it in windowed mode despite it being stuck in 800 X 600 I believe which is pretty small.

Also, I wish the flash sales changed a little more frequently.

Should be caught up on Critter Crunch 2nd copy codes. If I missed you please shoot me another PM.

If you bought Critter Crunch during the Winter Sale, shoot me a PM and I'll pass you a code for a second copy. do it. do it now.

xJavonta

Banned
Absolutely not. People (like me) have to go to work and would miss out on deals. So nope.

That's what the app is for lol. I check it while I'm at work all the time

Should be caught up on Critter Crunch 2nd copy codes. If I missed you please shoot me another PM.

If you bought Critter Crunch during the Winter Sale, shoot me a PM and I'll pass you a code for a second copy. do it. do it now.

Is it on sale? I'll give it a shot since I'm looking for something to play tonight but don't get paid until midnight lol

Dambrosi

Banned
tumblr_m75vo0uZ2A1qifdsao1_250.jpg

Just picked up Intrusion 2 and the Arkham City Harley Quinn DLC for starters (that counts as a daily deal, right?).

Now I'm waiting on:
  • Fairy Bloom Freesia
  • Ether Vapor Remaster
  • Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (these three are currently at 50% off on normal deals, so here's hoping for 75% off for Flashes or Dailies)
  • Devil May Cry 4 (currently at 66% off, holding for 75-80%)
  • Ys Origin (I already have the Groupon.jp version with fan translation, but it'd be nice to have on Steam - currently at 50% off, holding for at least 66%)
  • Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (...maybe, already have it on PS3)
  • eh...Rayman Origins (@35% now, that's gotta be a flash deal soon, right?)
...oh my god, is that really all I want? Do I really have ALL THE GAMES?!

Rflagg

Thinking About getting

Legend of Grimlock and Walking Dead if the go on flash/daily.

Watching some game play videos for Grimlock make the combat seem hard to get the hang of, are there any better games in this same style. What I would really like is more focus on combat then it seems to have and more loot then the game seems to offer.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

My wishlist for -75%

Walking Dead
Dishonored
Dark Souls
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Kane & Lynch 2
Borderlands 2
Torchlight II
Ass Creed III

The vast majority of those games are far too new to see a 75 percent discount.

Better luck next year.

xJavonta

Banned
Im in the stone age and still using my semi dumb phone.

Damn. The struggle.

But I know how you feel now lol. You could make a list of games that you want to buy once they hit a certain price point and have someone buy them for you if you're desperate.

Or it'd make your life easier if you bought a smartphone lol, it's a great investment.

feel

I haven't bought anything yet. I am hoping Dark Souls will be in the next flash sale (probably not).
Today would be a terrible day for that to drop as the 60fps fix is broken.

edit-
To elaborate, game updated this morning and it broke the 60fps fix and maybe the AA stuff too, Durante is looking at it.

Almighty

I own and played it for a few hours. It's reminiscent of WiC, but it's not quite the same. It's always set on a bigger scale, there is more emphasis on unit stats and there is less micro-management.

It's a very good game though.

Thanks. I think i will be picking it up while it is on sale.

So are we only getting one set of Flash deals? And honestly, can we take the moniker "Flash" off of these? They're good for like 16 hours or something. That's not a flash!

My wishlist for -75%

Walking Dead
Dishonored
Dark Souls
Hitman Absolution
Sleeping Dogs
Kane & Lynch 2
Borderlands 2
Torchlight II
Ass Creed III

Borderlands 2 is a Daily Deal today. No way it goes cheaper than it already is.

Vamlock

I'm looking to turn my one extra copy of Torchlight 2 into a copy of Natural Selection 2 (base version is fine). Anyone wanna help out?

Deadbeat

Banned
Damn. The struggle.

But I know how you feel now lol. You could make a list of games that you want to buy once they hit a certain price point and have someone buy them for you if you're desperate.

Or it'd make your life easier if you bought a smartphone lol, it's a great investment.
Waiting for the current phone to die or when my job finally demands it. Whichever comes first.

btw everyone should buy Alpha Prime. Its $1.25 and its a decent romp. You cannot go wrong.

Lint21

Neo Member
Any of you able to offer an opinion on Legend of Fae?

It's ok. I'm a guy who likes Puzzle Quest and Faerie Solitaire and stuff, and it's sort of like them. More on the casual side, like Faerie Solitaire. It didn't hold my interest for more than a few hours, FWIW.

If you like casual matching games, it's worth taking a flyer on to see if it grabs you.

Thinking About getting

Legend of Grimlock and Walking Dead if the go on flash/daily.

Watching some game play videos for Grimlock make the combat seem hard to get the hang of, are there any better games in this same style. What I would really like is more focus on combat then it seems to have and more loot then the game seems to offer.
You can get grimrock from humble bundle with buch of other games too. Costs about $6.

Is the trading/selling of game codes bannable or something? I think I might have just stepped on a land mine lol.
So 50% is probably as high as the Borderlands 2 sale will go then? Buying it up now and hoping for a Walking Dead price cut.
I'd be willing to give my code to someone for $25 worth of games(of my choosing, of course). I got two codes for games that aren't THAT interesting to me right now(Borderlands 2 & Assassin's creed III) since I got a GTX 670 during Black Friday sales.
Safe so far!

I forgot the rule on flash sales..they typ safe to buy?
Flash sales are pretty close to what you might see if the game appears on the front page. I say go for it in that scenario.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why does GFWL issues only affect certain people why is it so random like that ? im posting this cos i just brought arkham city game of the year and theirs alot of threads on steam cos its steamworks and GFWL that it conflicts during install an stuff. mine went through perfectly fine lol.

i feel quite bad for some people cos ive hardly had a problem with GFWL the only game i did was dead rising off the record ( had to log into xbox website and keep it open or i couldnt log in during game lol )

Wubby

What happened to the huge Paradox Collection? They had that pack a year or two ago with nearly every paradox game in it for $80. Now it's no where to be seen. Guess I should have got it then.

All the collection packs suck this year. And Valve is still charging $50 for their pack? Sheesh.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Neiteio

Are you getting it for DayZ? I'd just wait for the standalone at this point.
I'm not getting it, but I have a friend who's doggedly waiting for it for DayZ, and he's barely been able to restrain himself as I tell him to "wait for the Daily Deal." So, um, there is a Daily Deal coming, right?

why does GFWL issues only affect certain people why is it so random like that ? im posting this cos i just brought arkham city game of the year and theirs alot of threads on steam cos its steamworks and GFWL that it conflicts during install an stuff. mine went through perfectly fine lol.

i feel quite bad for some people cos ive hardly had a problem with GFWL the only game i did was dead rising off the record ( had to log into xbox website and keep it open or i couldnt log in during game lol )

Arkham City was the only GFWL game that caused me issues but it wasn't during install. It ate my save but luckily it happened just after I finished the game and went back to complete some of the side stuff, so I at least got to finish the main story.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I'm not getting it, but I have a friend who's doggedly waiting for it for DayZ, and he's barely been able to restrain himself as I tell him to "wait for the Daily Deal." So, um, there is a Daily Deal coming, right?

Maybe? But the standalone version of DayZ is coming soon, so he might as well just wait for that instead of buying two games.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Maybe? But the standalone version of DayZ is coming soon, so he might as well just wait for that instead of buying two games.

I'm still disappointed in myself for buying Arma II + OA only to bork up the DayZ modding process a couple times then give up. At this point I might as well wait for the standalone version, but it sounds like something right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom