• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well son of a crappin bitch. lol
Shame on me for waiting so long. I put Magic 2013 in my cart but didn't check out fast enough and it went up in price. I didn't buy it. FRACK

desu

Losing on bank/paypal conversion and transfer deals may be minor. But lots of people actually sold their not even received keys because they trusted GamersGate.
I'd say people are suffering.

Yeah, we had quite some people here trying to rip off other people by selling the game for tons of profit. Somehow I am not really sad that they have a problem now ... (well hopefully this won't get nasty for people who bought from those people).

I was going to retire from the profits made from selling those keys on. A nice little place of my own, overlooking the white beaches and the sea. Any remaining keys I was going to donate to charity, the GAF Giveaway, and Support Our Troops.

Now... Now I'm left... alone and cold.

GAMERG0D

I might wait for FTL to be 75% off in the Summer Sale, I already have tons of games to play. Yeah my computer isn't even the right resolution for the game. :/

Yeah, we had quite some people here trying to rip off other people by selling the game for tons of profit. Somehow I am not really sad that they have a problem now ... (well hopefully this won't get nasty for people who bought from those people).

I wanted to punch some people pricing their Borderlands copies at $20 earlier but the thing is trading Steam keys is useful and this kind of incidents dents the trust. What if somebody got the 4 pack, and traded it with 4 people on 1.25$ without profit. Wouldn't you feel sorry for their loss on paypal fees?

1-D_FTW

Wait a second that lego lord of the rings deal isn't serious is it, $20? I bought it a couple of days ago on Amazon for $7.50.

It's dead serious. The normal discount was 10 percent. So 33 percent is the "deal".

EDIT: And I love how they couldn't even do 33.33% to get it to 19.99. They went with Dick Economist's 33.0% to get that extra 10 cents.

Strange, my timer is off on the steam page.
The last sale literally JUST ended (according to the timer), thus why I thought I still had a little bit of time to buy Magic 2013.

masterkajo

Could someone quickly link me to the list of awesome hidden gem deals? I can't seem to find it through the search function. Thanks.

Also, FTL FTW! Buy it!

desu

Man, is it just me or are these one of the worst sales for europeans? I see tons of old games with crazy high base prices ... to me it seems worse than even the previous years :s.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
While I wouldn't go so far as to use words like suffering/etc, people are going to lose out on this through credit card/transaction fees :p
What do you mean? Are there additional charges made to CC purchases? Or does PayPal take a cut? I honestly don't know about it, whenever I buy something from Amazon, Steam or GMG I get charged the exact amount that it written on the check-out page and the e-mail receipt.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
The Sleeping Dogs DLC is priced pretty well. Worth it?

I really like the Drunken Boxing DLC. I bought it when I got the main game cheap from GMG a while back, and I played through the story with it. When you wear the outfit and max out your meter, the main character gets drunk and his moveset changes into some real fun DB moves. It's also fun to go through cutscenes with a guy in a shitty martial arts outfit. I don't have any of the other DLC, though.

Just beat the game last night. It was really great.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I am just giving some perspective as to why people might be upset, no need to be condescending.

Its no big deal to me, I understand how these things work. I tried to warn everyone the other day though and it fell on deaf ears.

Meh, people wait in line for days then riot outside stores to buy overpriced sneakers, that honestly are average quality and should only be seen on twelve year olds and younger. The bundle was a dream come true for a lot of Gaffers, and you were raining on their parade. At least next time, people will have more realistic expectations.

Who's ready for the next round of shitty deals?

Hey, it's Mr. Positive, where would we be without you?

Love you, never change :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish they'd sell Worms: Armageddon :(

Pre-ordering Revolution solely for Armageddon was $15 well spent. ;) Either the game appears on its own after Team17 is done producing content for Revolution or it's another Rayman 2.

desu

I wanted to punch some people pricing their Borderlands copies at $20 earlier but the thing is trading Steam keys is useful and this kind of incidents dents the trust. What if somebody got the 4 pack, and traded it with 4 people on 1.25$ without profit. Wouldn't you feel sorry for their loss on paypal fees?

Simple rule (common sense?) trade what you have, not what you don't have. Sucks for those good people though.

ShaneB

I'm confused now, I want to give away 2 copies of FTL. But now it seems like there's a bunch of different gifting things going on here at GAF.
KuGsj.gif

Simple rule (common sense?) trade what you have, not what you don't have. Sucks for those good people though.

That's why I didn't buy any. But they gave their word that they'll have keys in mid January or or refund if we opted so. I guess they worded it so that they have no problem breaking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom