• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

Yeah that Lego LOTR deal is pretty shit- Amazon had it for way less! Alas, maybe all is forgiven with FTL.

I'm still waiting for some Dead Space. The Community vote left me in shambles!

DirtRiver

Is there a thread for trading and the likes? Have a code of Metro 2033 and STALKER and would like to know if anyone wanted to trade them both for FTL.

Derrick01

Banned
It's dead serious. The normal discount was 10 percent. So 33 percent is the "deal".

EDIT: And I love how they couldn't even do 33.33% to get it to 19.99. They went with Dick Economist's 33.0% to get that extra 10 cents.

Oh man I'm dying over here haha. That is such an embarrassingly bad deal compared to what Amazon had that Valve should just cancel the rest of the sale out of shame.

KPJZKC

What do you mean? Are there additional charges made to CC purchases? Or does PayPal take a cut? I honestly don't know about it, whenever I buy something from Amazon, Steam or GMG I get charged the exact amount that it written on the check-out page and the e-mail receipt.

Depends on the arrangements with your bank, I believe. And I think it's becoming more and more common for some shops and services to add an extra charge to CC transactions (here in Ireland at least). But it would mostly be currency conversion charges I'd be worried about (like Mavro) or paypal charges for people who shared the four pack.

I'm confused now, I want to give away 2 copies of FTL. But now it seems like there's a bunch of different gifting things going on here at GAF.
KuGsj.gif

Ill take one :)

Petrie

Banned
Losing on bank/paypal conversion and transfer deals may be minor. But lots of people actually sold their not even received keys because they trusted GamersGate.
I'd say people are suffering.

That's not suffering. That's selling shit before you have it, and is their fault, not the fault of GG.

Nert

Just picked up X-Com. I know that it's been available for less elsewhere, but I had some money left over from a Steam gift certificate and I don't feel like spending any more of my own money. I also got to pick up FTL for a friend, so it's been a pretty good day for me :D

XShagrath

Just got my money back from the Bethesda thing. Didn't ask to cancel or anything. Oh well, I really only wanted Dishonored, and the rest was just gonna be a bonus.

Sucks that they said they'd have more keys in a few weeks, and then just up and cancel. But I'd rather them do that than have to go out of business over it.

Torraz

That's why I didn't buy any. But they gave their word that they'll have keys in mid January or or refund if we opted so. I guess they worded it so that they have no problem breaking it.

Proabably not enough people opted for the refund, or upper management did not catch wind of the fuck up until now.

Man, is it just me or are these one of the worst sales for europeans? I see tons of old games with crazy high base prices ... to me it seems worse than even the previous years :s.

Yup, the sale is terrible for Europeans. GOG, Amazon and GMG are much better for us.

Tizoc

A quick reminder before I head to work:

I will be sending the code to the winner within 24 hours, as I have nightshift soon and won't be available for the next...20 hours or so @3@

Deques

Just got my money back from the Bethesda thing. Didn't ask to cancel or anything. Oh well, I really only wanted Dishonored, and the rest was just gonna be a bonus.

Sucks that they said they'd have more keys in a few weeks, and then just up and cancel. But I'd rather them do that than have to go out of business over it.

Same here. Got my Bethesda pack refunded. And I only wanted Dishonored from the pack :(

I didn't like Borderlands 1 much, it got so stale after some hours. Is Borderlands 2 better in the pacing department?

I didn't like Borderlands 1 and I made the mistake of picking up Borderlands 2. The franchise just isn't for me. Pacing is part of the problem for me.

M.D

Anyone here who bought the Bethesda bundle, have not taken any of the keys, and still haven't got their money back?

Coen

Wasn't Xcom a flash deal at -50% earlier too?
This has been an indie sale for me, mark of the ninja being the only exception.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
A quick reminder before I head to work:

I will be sending the code to the winner within 24 hours, as I have nightshift soon and won't be available for the next...20 hours or so @3@

I tried to register for the steamgifts.com..but the site reads that I have $0.00 on my steam account 0_o?

No, GG posted an obvious price error. They aren't even obligated to honor such an obvious pricing error.

Obvious to who? They can either honor it or give a refund. The same as the others who sold their bundles here. They also told everyone they would honor it in mid January and have since rescinded.

I think he means that they didn't have keys to sell actually. I know that they didn't imagine anyone buying their pack but they should have put a limit per key on their e-commerce thing anyway. Nor say that they'll honor it while they can't.

This^

Danielsan

Have to ask again. Would anyone with access to the US steam store be willing to pickup Alice Madness Returns for $5 for me? I can either pay you via Paypal or purchase a game for you of similar value.

I seriously don't understand the giant price gap between the US and Europe with this game.

Deadstar

Anyone think the worms revolution season pass is worth it? This stuff should have been in the game, new weapons, tile sets, voicebanks....but it's only $7.05. I feel like it will get cheaper eventually though.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I might wait for FTL to be 75% off in the Summer Sale, I already have tons of games to play. Yeah my computer isn't even the right resolution for the game. :/

If you have an interest in FTL, buy it now at 50%. I paid full price for it and it's been worth every penny. It may just be my game of the year. Such a well done game, for $5 it's an out of this world deal.

No, GG posted an obvious price error. They aren't even obligated to honor such an obvious pricing error.

I think he means that they didn't have keys to sell actually. I know that they didn't imagine anyone buying their pack but they should have put a limit per key on their e-commerce thing anyway. Nor say that they'll honor it while they can't.

kennah

If you have an interest in FTL, buy it now at 50%. I paid full price for it and it's been worth every penny. It may just be my game of the year. Such a well done game, for $5 it's an out of this world deal.

I see what you did there.

And I like it.

Torraz

I didn't like Borderlands 1 much, it got so stale after some hours. Is Borderlands 2 better in the pacing department?

Refering to the greenmangaming deal!

Borderlands 2 is Borderlands 1.5. If you liked Borderlands 1 you will like 2 a whole lot (due to the small but noticeable improvements. If youd did not like Borderlands 1 you won't like 2.

Grief.exe

Refering to the greenmangaming deal!

Borderlands 2 is just more of the same. They really didn't fix any of the gameplay or pacing issues with the first one.

I couldn't personally finish it.

Borderlands 2 is Borderlands 1.5. If you liked Borderlands 1 you will like 2 a whole lot (due to the small but noticeable improvements. If youd did not like Borderlands 1 you won't like 2.

Great explanation.

I can finally make my FTL joke, yay. Mhhmmm-mm.

FTL, more like FTG amirite guys?

I'll be here all day, tyvm.

You've posted this like 3 or 4 times and I still don't get it.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Have to ask again. Would anyone with access to the US steam store be willing to pickup Alice Madness Returns for $5 for me? I can either pay you via Paypal or purchase a game for you of similar value.

I seriously don't understand the giant price gap between the US and Europe with this game.

sure, pm me with your details?

Wthermans

Banned
I'm starting to slide into the "This Steam Sale sucks" crowd. Was expecting more sales for 75%+ off like previous years instead of the predominate 50% we're receiving. FTL should be 66% at the least IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom