• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GG BL 4Pk has completed the cycle. Email/Refund/Removal from GG library. None of the keys were redeemed, as I was waiting for the smoke to clear and be a hero and give them away. This was the first one @$11. My original Single/Pass combo @$21+ were redeemed at time of purchase with no follow up in regards to refund...yet.

Type2

Stop promoting your thread you capitalist pig-dog profiteering entitled asshole.
Rocketeering asshole, maybe. Feeling a little sick today.

Yeah, you're clearly a viral marketer for Steam, trying to get people to buy games and exploiting the spirit of the holidays. GTFO TYPE 2
Its true Gaben beat me at water polo, I must now wear the brain slug.

I have a Saints Row full package for you but you didn't answer my PM. Box full maybe?
Was it me or The_Monk? I dont have a pm from you about it. Inbox has plenty of space.

HoosTrax

I have no idea what's going on in this thread anymore...

Anyways, first to quote for:

• Basement Collection
  • Cave Story+

One per person.

Petrie

Banned
Rocketeering asshole, maybe. Feeling a little sick today.

Its true Gaben beat me at water polo, I must now wear the brain slug.

Was it me or The_Monk? I dont have a pm from you about it. Inbox has plenty of space.

I was mobile, just realized, I may have forgotten a subject in the PM, and the mobile doesn't let me know when it does so!

My bad. Well anyways, I have it for your thread!

His post isn't exactly clear, so my inference is slightly different: that the games are gone from his GamersGate account, however Fallout:NV -- the one game he managed to redeem -- is still in his Steam library but he's AFK at the moment and can't see if it's still usable.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

This is what I understood as well.

I haven't gotten any Bethesda bundle refund emails or messages, and they're all still in my library. And I already used the Blue Coins on Hotline Miami.

EDIT: I redeemed one code each of Dishonored and Skyrim. I bought two bundles.

derExperte

fuuuu

I bought skyrim from a GAFer hope its not true. I'm on it right now.

He's not saying NV was removed from Steam, only from his GG account. Also don't panic, you bought Skyrim from me and you will get your money back if push comes to shove. But GG hasn't refunded my bundle yet.

Got my refund back for the Borderlands 2 4 pack, but they did waste a lot of my time on this, and I still haven't gotten my key for Cargo Commander yet. And since they adjusted the price for Mass Effect 3 right after I bought it, I'm beginning to wonder if they will try something fishy with that too. :)

I'm not anymore stupid then I understand that they most likely wouldn't be able to deliver the keys for the BL2 4 pack, but since their track record for this sale is so abysmal, I did send them an email where I said that I expect them to do something for me if they want to keep me as a customer after this.

Grief.exe

wait...Its the same price on the main site as on Steam right now.

Why not buy it from the site and give the developers a bigger cut?

You get a Steam key either way...

Buy it here: http://www.ftlgame.com/

You get the choice of a Steam key or a DRM-free version as well.

Remember guys.

Buy FTL from the developer site instead of Steam.

Same price, larger cut goes to the devs, and you get a Steam key or DRM-Free version.

Gintoki

If anyone is from the US and wants FTL, I'll buy it for you in exchange of Alice Madness returns. Its price is higher in my region. PM me.

M.D

Okay, starting to get worried now that everyone who had their games removed from their library also got the email and refund at the same time.

I thought it might just take a while, but nothing so far.
I've sent their support an email since the actual website isn't working, hoping there won't be any issues.

Petrie

Banned
Thats not true. i bought the bethesda pack excluding dishonered for a very very reasonable price of 17.5$

Yup. We had plenty of Gaffers offering reasonable, fair prices on the stuff they didn't need from the bundle.

Then we had those trying to sell 2 games for more than the price of the bundle.

Those are the ones who belonged in the buy/sell/trade thread and not here.

Personally I bought all but Brink and Dishonored for $16, then traded DOOM BFG for a Dishonored key which I then gave away in this thread. Good times.

tauke

Good dig and fuck this sale...

I bought RAGE from Gamersgate and Spec Ops off Amazon, and bought only a couple gifts from Steam because I didn't want to give away keys...

edit: speaking of keys... anyone wants my spare Bioshock 1? first quick mspaint doodle of a big daddy gets it. If no one then I'll just give it to the first who asks.

Can I have the Bioshock key please? :) Here's my rough doodle of Big Daddy:

He's trying to claim I took a key that was supposed to go to someone else, when in fact I was just trying my damndest to finally win a "first-to-quote", and hadn't even read the whole post.

Also, still wasn't first to quote.
You are a terrible person. Literally worse than Hitler.

Condition Zero is completely unremarkable; a collection of disjointed "missions" that are really nothing more than matches against bots without the round timer.
Not to surprised. I always got mixed reviews on it, since its pretty much the single player campaign to CS.

I still have my Bethesda pack on my shelf. Some keys reclaimed. Not worried really.

FTL is finally on sale! *bought*

Based on what I've read in the previous pages... I can understand the gripes about Steam's sale prices for older titles when compared to Amazon/GMG, but you got issues if MotN, Deadlight and FTL at 50% off are bad deals. There are quite a few games like those and retail games that only came out 2-3 months ago. Taking 66% off is some unreasonable shit. Devs gotta eat too, guys. These guys are not EA. They can't take the hit.

It's the holidays. We got threads with hundreds of gifts being donated. Is sparing an extra $2.50 for people who want to bring you enjoyment such a crime?

Milchmann

If you worry about losing your games from the Bethesda and Borderlands 2 bundle, just send the games as gifts to yourself. Now the games are new entries in the library and not subentries of the bundles.
When the Borderlands pack was removed from my account, I still kept those self gifted entries.

feel

My Bethesda games are gone and got a refund. Dammit I hate myself for not grabbing the keys on gamersgate that night before they ran out. Now this is officially a really shitty steam sale season for me, that was the only thing saving it.

If you worry about losing your games from the Bethesda and Borderlands 2 bundle, just send the games as gifts to yourself. Now the games are new entries in the library and not subentries of the bundles.
When the Borderlands pack was removed from my account, I still kept those self gifted entries.

Brilliant.

mannerbot

Thats not true. i bought the bethesda pack excluding dishonered for a very very reasonable price of 17.5$

It's a joke. Do you seriously think that someone selling a $15 Dishonored/Skyrim key is in it to rip people off? Why does it matter if the person selling the key got it cheaper, as a gift, or won it in a contest? It'd be silly enough if the nice person that sold you the bundle at that price was going on this internet crusade to call people scumbags, but instead you have people that couldn't get the bundle trying to dictate what everyone else MUST sell their keys for and calling them names when they're selling them for less the lowest price Steam itself has offered this sale. Somehow going out of your way to be an asshole to people is in the spirit of the holidays but selling Dishonored for $15 is crossing the line!

FTL is finally on sale! *bought*

Based on what I've read in the previous pages... I can understand the gripes about Steam's sale prices for older titles when compared to Amazon/GMG, but you got issues if MotN, Deadlight and FTL at 50% off are bad deals. There are quite a few games like those and retail games that only came out 2-3 months ago. Taking 66% off is some unreasonable shit. Devs gotta eat too, guys. These guys are not EA. They can't take the hit.

It's the holidays. We got threads with hundreds of gifts being donated. Is sparing an extra $2.50 for people who want to bring you enjoyment such a crime?

Then I won't buy, I gotta eat also.

Okay, starting to get worried now that everyone who had their games removed from their library also got the email and refund at the same time.

I thought it might just take a while, but nothing so far.
I've sent their support an email since the actual website isn't working, hoping there won't be any issues.

I received Bethesda Bundle (5/11 keys redeemed) refund email an hour ago and no refund/removal action taken yet. Received no notification regarding $11 BL2 4Pk and refund has been issued and library has been stripped (keys were never redeemed) during that same time period.

Sleeping Dogs being $16.99 for the Flash Sale is tempting me. Any GAFers here have a good experience with that game? It looks like a Hong Kong GTA-ish sort of game with morality choices. Looks pretty fun to me.

For anyone who has purchased Sleeping Dogs, is any of the DLC worth it? It's also all on sale for just a bit under $3 total.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Hmmm... Now I wonder if I should do that.

cicero

I don't recall calling you a profiteering asshole.

And getting a reduced purchase myself isn't profiting from it. Apparently you don't know what profit means in this instance.
Come on, don't backpeddle on your position now. Exactly what is the line in the sand that makes someone a "profiteering asshole" and a "non-profiteering asshole"? I grabbed for a fantastic deal, like anyone would. Like you did. If you had actually responded to my messages and gone through with it, you would have been "profiting" from a pricing error on GamersGate, just to a lesser degree than I was. Your "profiteering asshole" comment is hyperbolic and reckless. It slams everyone without going into specifics. Now you make allowances for behavior now deemed by you to be not "profiteering asshole" worthy.

Come on.

Also, I did not expect people to sell individual keys for $2.50, but those getting the bundle then selling Skyrim and Dishonored keys to Gaffers who couldn't checkout on GG for $20 a piece were profiteering assholes.

And if they sold them without even having the keys yet and will now lose money on the transaction, that's awesome, and brings a huge smile to my face.
No different than selling Borderlands 2 keys. Which apparently WASN'T me being a "profiteering asshole"...BUT WAIT!

I got mad at users selling them for $15-$20 each.

Also, note that I didn't take advantage of BL2 once I realized what the price of the bundle had actually been. I don't support people profiteering that way.

The Bundle clearly isn't "$2.50 per game", as some are worth more than others, but trying to get another Gaffer to essentially buy your bundle for you that way makes people jerks.
So I am a "profiteering asshole" after all! I fully intended to have any extra non-gifted copies of BL2 *GASP* pay for my TWO 4-Packs and hopefully have enough to buy Unity of Command + DLC and Endless Space. But apparently you came into our intended arrangement entirely innocent of any reasonable knowledge about just how or why Borderlands 2 was being sold for $10 a KEY? It is your unreasonable former remarks that are causing you to have to go through these ridiculous mental gymnastics to try to justify yourself, when you could just admit that you were going to profit from an obvious error, just like the rest of us.

Sleeping Dogs being $16.99 for the Flash Sale is tempting me. Any GAFers here have a good experience with that game? It looks like a Hong Kong GTA-ish sort of game with morality choices. Looks pretty fun to me.

For anyone who has purchased Sleeping Dogs, is any of the DLC worth it? It's also all on sale for just a bit under $3 total.

Its been on sale at GMG for half the steam price before, just wait a week it will pop up.

Petrie

Banned
It's a joke. Do you seriously think that someone selling a $15 Dishonored/Skyrim key is in it to rip people off? Why does it matter if the person selling the key got it cheaper, as a gift, or won it in a contest? It'd be silly enough if the nice person that sold you the bundle at that price was going on this internet crusade to call people scumbags, but instead you have people that couldn't get the bundle trying to dictate what everyone else MUST sell their keys for and calling them names when they're selling them for less the lowest price Steam itself has offered this sale. Somehow going out of your way to be an asshole to people is in the spirit of the holidays but selling Dishonored for $15 is crossing the line!

I say this once again: it's profiteering, and trying to bring that profiteering into these threads is the issue. Take it to buy/sell/trade where it belongs and there's no issue.

I got the parts of the bundle I wanted, this has nothing to do with that.

Come on, don't backpeddle on your position now. Exactly what is the line in the sand that makes someone a "profiteering asshole" and a "non-profiteering asshole"? I grabbed for a fantastic deal, like anyone would. Like you did. If you had actually responded to my messages and gone through with it, you would have been "profiting" from a pricing error on GamersGate, just to a lesser degree than I was. Your "profiteering asshole" comment is hyperbolic and reckless. It slams everyone without going into specifics. Now you make allowances for behavior now deemed by you to be not "profiteering asshole" worthy.

Come on.

No different than selling Borderlands 2 keys. Which apparently WASN'T me being a "profiteering asshole"...BUT WAIT!

So I am a "profiteering asshole" after all! I fully intended to have any extra non-gifted copies of BL2 *GASP* pay for my TWO 4-Packs and hopefully have enough to buy Unity of Command + DLC and Endless Space. But apparently you came into our intended arrangement entirely innocent of any reasonable knowledge about just how or why Borderlands 2 was being sold for $10 a KEY? It is your unreasonable former remarks that are causing you to have to go through these ridiculous mental gymnastics to try to justify yourself, when you could just admit that you were going to profit from an obvious error, just like the rest of us.

You're missing the point. You PM'd me, hence I did not call you a profiteering asshole, because you took such things to a place where they belonged. Coming into THIS thread trying to sell Skyrim to someone who couldn't checkout with the Bethesda bundle would make someone an asshole. PMing someone who asked about extra copies in the thread is not the same thing.

You'd still be profiteering, but I wouldn't say it makes you an asshole at that point. That's the distinction.

But as I said, once I realized how cheap the bundles had been, I had no interest in buying them at your price, so I simply dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom