• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainaurdur

FTL is a great game, get it anyway!
www.ftlgame.com

And I am stuck trying to decide: ARMA II Combined Operations or Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Which is more entertaining, keeping in mind I want to do multiplayer, but might not have friends to play with. And a single player campaign is just icing. (Which I would play as well.)

DTKT

FTL is a great game, get it anyway!
www.ftlgame.com

And I am stuck trying to decide: ARMA II Combined Operations or Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Which is more entertaining, keeping in mind I want to do multiplayer, but might not have friends to play with. And a single player campaign is just icing. (Which I would play as well.)

You get so much more out of ARMA, it's crazy. You not only get the base game, which is a full fledged combat simulator but also DayZ. I would recommend to only buy CS:GO if you are really craving for that very specific type of arena shooter with fairly solid mechanics, but very little beyond that. Counter Strike does one thing very well while ARMA tries to do everything.

oipic

This FTL discussion, nay every FTL discussion, really piques my interest, but I just don't know if I'm up to it - I have spent so long reading impressions of the game, and enjoying the stories of your brave sorties, successful and otherwise... but don't know if I can see myself enjoying it.

So many folks can't be wrong, though, right?

Dont listen to him, listen to other converts who actually PLAYED the game:

Seriously, never take advice from someone who hasnt played the game you are inquiring about. Seems like an easy enough rule.

Ok you win guys ;)

Fr4L1.jpg

Is only 4 € so I guess is worth the try.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This FTL discussion, nay every FTL discussion, really piques my interest, but I just don't know if I'm up to it - I have spent so long reading impressions of the game, and enjoying the stories of your brave sorties, successful and otherwise... but don't know if I can see myself enjoying it.

Well, many people can still be wrong with any sort of release hype and purchase justifications, but the game is just immensely well done and deserves every single sale it got. If you loved reading about the stories, just dive into it.

If you have any trouble, refer to this post for some gameplay hints and ask in the thread over there. Still pretty helpful little community, even though the OT creator already abandoned his own thread (booo).

Edit: Also, it got the TOSA.

just tried installing it to see if the game ran.

117 minutes played.

damn

Hofmann

I've been looking through different places than usual and I found pretty good deal for XCOM on muve.pl for $22. Don't know if you can use it outside of Poland.

Alright alright alright bought FTL. It's your head if it's bad though! Only cost me net $2 so it's technically under my $5 threshold. How do I get my steam key if I bought it from the official site?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So what were the negatives about Sine Mora? I heard something about balance issues.

Can someone enlighten me?

Balance issues? Huh. Only thing I can think of are some difficulty spikes in the levels and the HUGE difference in difficulty between story and challenge levels.

Its a fantastic shmup with a unique dying mechanic though and if you like shmups, a definite purchase with tons of content to chew through.

Edit: Another TOSA contender actually.

ta9qi

I was downloading something else by steam at the same time and that took all the speed, even though i tried downloading from amazon alone and it wasnt much better :(
the real numbers of minutes left is 50 min @@

Soi-Fong

Playing through my copy of AC3 Deluxe finally since I've been so into Planetside 2 and just a lil burnt out by it.

Edit: Well, UBI is already pissing me off. I can't connect to their goddamn server to make a Uplay acct...

Korranator

Balance issues? Huh. Only thing I can think of are some difficulty spikes in the levels and the HUGE difference in difficulty between story and challenge levels.

Its a fantastic shmup with a unique dying mechanic though and if you like shmups, a definite purchase with tons of content to chew through.

Edit: Another TOSA contender actually.

Thanks.

TOSA? I can't keep up with all these acronyms.

Toma

Thanks.

TOSA? I can't keep up with all these acronyms.

Haha.

Oh my, I'd been on the fence about Dungeons for a LOOOONG time, but if it has the TOMA SEAL OF APPROVAL (TOSA) then that's good enough for me.

;)

Basically the "Get GrimrockFTLSpaceChemFrozenSynapseCivCityGrandAgesLoneSurvivorSineMoraEverydayGeniusGalacticCivilizationsIIEndlessSpaceGeneforgeGnomoria"-award.

KorrZ

Not a bad sale for me so far:

FTL - $4.99
Hotline Miami - $4.99
Mark of the Ninja - $7.49
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - 10$
Orcs Must Die 2 - $3.74
Dead Rising 2 - $4.99

Total damages - ~$36

So far, Mark of the Ninja is the best game out of the ones I've picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom