• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

"Your local Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition files conflict with the ones stored in the Steam Cloud."

UA1XP.jpg

Vlodril

Just tried my wife's bank card, different bank, and still the order wont complete. GMG are pretty useless. "Here's a great deal ... but we wont let you pay for it!"

I can't use either of my cards on gmg either and i have no problem with any other service. Just use paypal.

X-com bought! Was on the fence when it was $20, then saw GB showing it off, regretted not getting it and now its even cheaper.

So the DLC for X-com, is it worth it? Should i just wait for it to go on sale later?

MasLegio

Banned
Sounds like you should buy less and play more!

title for thread?
either that or buy more, play less, bury your partition in games

X-com bought! Was on the fence when it was $20, then saw GB showing it off, regretted not getting it and now its even cheaper.

So the DLC for X-com, is it worth it? Should i just wait for it to go on sale later?

I have not bought it yet. For what little it contains it should be half price of what it is now as the regular price. I will wait for 50% sale or more before I buy it.

Not worth the current high cost, it is extremely overpriced.

1-D_FTW

I can't use either of my cards on gmg either and i have no problem with any other service. Just use paypal.

It doesn't matter. He's already stated Paypal refuses it. Even when using Paypal balance. I get the same problem. Not much to be done, really.

/\

That's an odd solution. I'll try that next time. Although I don't understand why it would make a difference.

Tymerend

Been holding off on both Xcom and Dishonored, seeing if they would go on sale at GMG. So... get XCom right now for cheap, or wait and see if Dishonored gets a daily there.

Which do I want sitting in my library never being played more...

fokkusu

Hmm is it possible to get the X-COM via another account in GMG? I live in Euroland and the price is 17.50€. Would be nice to get it in $ instead of €.

Had a problem with GMG before, it's intermittent, and my bank haven't got any issues with GMG. Last time I had this problem, the bank said the payment request wasn't even getting to the bank for them to even refuse it. GMG have got a problem on their end before even asking for money.

Had same happen to me a few months ago, Bank says they aren't getting a request, GMG says they can't verify my IP (and nothing is coming through on their end at all) to send the transaction, despite me having bought a game earlier that day and trying it from various internet connections.

Torraz

Hmm is it possible to get the X-COM via another account in GMG? I live in Euroland and the price is 17.50€. Would be nice to get it in $ instead of €.

You'll need someone who can pay in $ to buy it for you and give you the steam key.

At 17.50$ I'd also be interested.

ta9qi

That's an odd solution. I'll try that next time. Although I don't understand why it would make a difference.
i was surprised too , but its worked and that all what mattered , for me and for the person who suggest it, using same card & same user only a different pc @@

Amneisac

So, turns out I got XCOM for free? I was going to buy it and it said 'download game' and I couldn't buy it. I couldn't figure out what was going on, so I checked my keys and there it was. Weird thing is, I had a mystery $10 credit earlier and couldn't figure out where it was from. I guess now I know.

I remember a while back I was trying to buy XCOM when it was on sale and it wouldn't let me, it kept getting declined. I went back and checked PayPal and my credit card and there's no record of the transaction.

This is GAF, Kingdom of Hyperbole.

Or, different people like different things. Nothing is ubiquitous. GAF is useful for discovery, but don't let it make decisions for you. You should know yourself better than that.

Also, the internet in general is kingdom of hyperbole. Buncha drama queens.

I didn't miss out on a Witcher 2 sale anywhere did I? I think I missed a set of flash deals

I think you missed several Witcher 2 sales.

LA noire is sub $4??

wtf.

My ps3 version which I paid full retail for is still unplayed

I paid full retail for L.A. Noire PS3 (I hadn't been aware of it until I saw video of it the week it came out and thought it looked really interesting), but I played, finished, and traded in within like a week. Still, non-CE full retail is a rarity for me. Not sure that I've done that since, and I think the only time prior was when I impulse bought Star Ocean 4 for 360 (full retail, plus tax, at a Gamestop, so they tried to get me to buy a strategy guide with it) and man, did I regret that one. I'm still not sure why I finished it. Out of spite, maybe?

So, turns out I got XCOM for free? I was going to buy it and it said 'download game' and I couldn't buy it. I couldn't figure out what was going on, so I checked my keys and there it was. Weird thing is, I had a mystery $10 credit earlier and couldn't figure out where it was from. I guess now I know.

I remember a while back I was trying to buy XCOM when it was on sale and it wouldn't let me, it kept getting declined. I went back and checked PayPal and my credit card and there's no record of the transaction.

Huh, well you got a pretty awesome game for free than lol

GHG

This is GAF, Kingdom of Hyperbole.

Yeh I see nothing about that game or Miami Hotline that looks AMAZING. I'll get Miami Hotline next time it goes on sale though just for the soundtrack. FTL is of no interest to me having watched some gameplay videos.

Is Giana Sisters worth the sale price at the moment. What is it like?

Fireblend

Banned
Anyone else having trouble logging into Steam? I can't log in through the website (the login button doesn't even work) and I get stuck on "Connecting Steam account" through my desktop client =/

C-Drive

Well, I had to jump on X-COM. I was going to wait until the Summer Sale - but I doubt it would be any cheaper than $17.50 then.

Zoolader

Well Saints Row 3 looks mighty tempting for less than $8. I was trying to have some self control and go the whole sale without buying anything. Still waiting for a 35% off Far Cry 3 sale too!

Speaking of XCOM, how do the old XCOM games hold up? The $15 XCOM collection is the only thing I am remotely interested in spending my $5 2K credit on from Amazon.

EDIT: Actually, now that I check Steam, it's $7.50 there. Funny how I just assumed Amazon was a better deal.

Yeh I see nothing about that game or Miami Hotline that looks AMAZING. I'll get Miami Hotline next time it goes on sale though just for the soundtrack. FTL is of no interest to me having watched some gameplay videos.

Is Giana Sisters worth the sale price at the moment. What is it like?

hotline miami IS amazing.

re: GMG

I give up. Tried CC + paypal. Broken.

Order not complete
We have been unable to complete your order, please contact your payment provider before trying again.

Thank you for visiting Green Man Gaming.

DagsJT

Tried getting XCom on my phone using 3G, just in case GMG decided it didn't like my router or something and still didn't work. I'll email a complaint in tonight, pretty amateur service. They're not even responding to my tweets to their customer account manager. Shoddy company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom