• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
Me and my buddy are in a dilemma: we each have a $20 budget, we haven't bought anything yet, but we're torn between Worms: Revolution and Worms: Ultimate Mayhem

We both played and loved Worms: 3D on the Gamecube as kids, and it's also only 4 bucks

And while Worms: Revolution is supposedly the better game, we've never really been into the 2D Worms games, and its 8 bucks. But it's also got a Map Editor, and we're suckers for Map Editors.

Help us GAF!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just wanted to say that Bastion is great and that you should play it.

Peace.

Dmax3901

Can someone sell me on Sins of a Solar Empire?

Hows it play? What's it similar too, what's the difference between Trinity and Rebellion etc.

Dingotech

ßthePenguin;45843507 said:
Your choices are gone then tho huh?

No there is another copy of the file under your documents/user folder.

I found the copying solution didn't work for me, I needed to delete the file under the Steam directory.

Just did my gaming total for the year. Going to try and limit myself to £5.05 left, to give myself a nice round number. Even though I included gifts, I think that's enough!

1-D_FTW

Does the indie side of the house get anything like dailies? I'm interested in picking up Stealth Bastard and, for some reason, Emerald City Confidential but have only seen the usual games in the flash/vote/daily cycle.

They occasionally get thrown a bone. That said, one of the developers of Stealth Bastard posts in the official thread and it sure didn't come off like it's going to be a featured game.

Type2

So im about to reinstall windows onto a new ssd so i can use my old one for linux.

I save most of my data on hard drives but I do notice that steam likes to save some data to the ssd (boot drive) anyway. Is there anything I may potentially lose by wiping this ssd related to game data?

Should I just transfer the contents of one ssd to the other or is a clean install the best way to go about things?
(Feel free to PM as this is kind of a left turn for the thread, although it is mostly related to me freaking out about steam data)

Doomrider

Xelios seems to have removed me as a friend though :(

The why:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios/

Had someone ask me why I'd removed them and if they did something wrong, so I just wanted to post this again:

I removed 220 people a few weeks ago because I didn't feel like sorting through them to see who was GAF and who had added me just for help with [EA] gifting. Slowly adding people back & this time around I'm tagging as GAF, so feel free to add me if you were on there before or just want to be friends. Sorry!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just got AssCreed1.....

Uh, can I not map my trigger buttons?

Tizoc

It's like a sillier (tongue-in-cheek) version of Heroes of Might and Magic, but with hex grids instead of square grids.

So units are moved on these hex grids and they have their own set of spells and attacks? How is the difficulty curve for it?

HoosTrax

Is Snapshot any good?
I don't really have a comment on it, other than it's a polished game with an interesting mechanic (you can take photos of objects in the environment and then drop them into other locations), but it's also a puzzle platformer, which the indie genre is really saturated with.

I just wanted to mention that you can get it as part of Humble Bundle.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Are you using a wireless controller? Believe you need to download some kind of fix for that, or use a wired controller.
That must be it, thanks.

Playing for the first time, and it's hard to believe that the voice actor playing Altair could even possibly be duller than Connor's, but that's what it seems like.

ASTROID2

So far Ive gotten:
-Fallout: New Vegas
-Fallout:NV DLC: Dead Money, Honest Hearts
-Civ 5 DLC: Gods and kings
-FTL: Faster Than Light

I'm quite happy. :)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I gotta say.. Proton (proton? Pulse? the blue ones) cannons (doesn't damage hull, but brings systems offline) plus regular ass laser is an amazing 1-2 hit combo on shields.

Just make sure to fire the... blue laser first. It even goes through shields!

Amazing game is amazing.

feel

Damn not even a special looking badge for getting the 6 out of 6 achievements, Valve is really phoning this one in.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn not even a special looking badge for getting the 6 out of 6 achievements, Valve is really phoning this one in.

I'm still holding on to hope that having badges will mean something in the future. Like once I have enough badges Gabe is going to show up in his private jet and take me for a ride or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom