• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.DOGG

Is it really worth the current price? Seems a bit light as a game to me.

Also, AC 2 Deluxe for 3.75 , worth it?

Most definitely. One of the best games to come out this year, no exaggeration. Be careful, though. It's a huge time sink when you get the hang of playing it.

Has anybody ever said anything negative about FTL?
This should really tell you all you need to know.

It's REALLY REALLY good and if you don't buy it you're doing yourself and everyone you know a great disservice.

Enjoying this sale so far. Really hoping Bully gets a flash sale or something. Saw that it now has controller support so I'm all over it. Never played it.

multivac

Ah man, XCOM for $17.50. I bought it during the Amazon sale for $25 since I suspected that Steam wouldn't be able to beat that (and that turned out true), but I couldn't foresee GMG's crazy price.

But, XCOM is so fucking awesome that I don't even mind :) First game in a while that I randomly stop what I'm doing and think "I could be playing XCOM!"

Imagine myself as Kirk or Picard everytime I play FTL. Something always go wrong when I'm in sector 3.
How do you equip your ship weapons once you buy them? What do I upgrade?

Dibbz

how long is left for this steam sale? I'm trying to get the badge and worried I'm not going to be able to get the vote for 15 sales, one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched the first 5 or 6 minutes of TotalBiscuit's WTF Is FTL, and I must admit I'm not impressed. The game doesn't look half bad, but if that's all there is to it, I think I'd get bored pretty fast. All I saw was battle after battle, and nothing more. Maybe it gets different later on, maybe I should have watched the whole video, but so far my interest is gone.

Really tempted on XCOM but I get the feeling they're going to fuck everyone over with DLC like Civ V

Bitch plz, at least you can upgrade your Civ5 to GOTY, this is not possible with Batman AC and the DLCs are also removed from store each time the game goes on sale. THAT's how you fuck people over :(
But yeah, this DLC shit is driving me crazy, making me hesitant to get most games early.

CatPee

I just watched the first 5 or 6 minutes of TotalBiscuit's WTF Is FTL, and I must admit I'm not impressed. The game doesn't look half bad, but if that's all there is to it, I think I'd get bored pretty fast. All I saw was battle after battle, and nothing more. Maybe it gets different later on, maybe I should have watched the whole video, but so far my interest is gone.

Watching is far from the same as playing FTL. The suspense is totally gone from watching.

Madouu

I'm about to use gamersgate for the first time (and the first time I've used paypal in forever.). I'm getting some warning about possibly being charged 3% of he purchase price for it being international? This Normal?

My advice is to avoid that website altogether. They've made a lot of mistakes during this sale and they do not seem to be handling the whole thing in a very professional manner. They locked me out of my account for example with no explanation at all and they still haven't responded to my support emails (the first one sent 4 days ago). My two cents.

Hows the difficulty on xcom, Im not the biggest fan of these games but know its good, dont want to purchase if its too hard.

There's enough difficulty settings for you to chose from so that you won't find the game as an insurmountable challenge. I'd say go grab it, it's a pretty good game.

It's hilarious when you rename the characters to your friends names, I actually get sad when they die :(

Lol yes, this pirate bastard took out my O2 room, so my two friends and I were surviving in the Med bay all huddled together.

I then promptly realized that I had to send them to repair it.

Their health bars reached zero right after the fires were out and the O2 repaired and they died at the same time, leaving me all alone out there, man.

I died at the next jump.

Talyn

Watching is far from the same as playing FTL. The suspense is totally gone from watching.
So much this. I also watched that WTF is FTL video before buying it and he does manage to make it seem boring even as he's praising it. Playing it yourself is an entirely different experience as events cascade and everything either goes to hell around you or you manage to survive and have a run of good luck for a bit.

Madouu

Bitch plz, at least you can upgrade your Civ5 to GOTY, this is not possible with Batman AC and the DLCs are also removed from store each time the game goes on sale. THAT's how you fuck people over :(
But yeah, this DLC shit is driving me crazy, making me hesitant to get most games early.

I just ignore any kind of DLC really unless I really fall in love with a game. Makes things easier.

It's hilarious when you rename the characters to your friends names, I actually get sad when they die :(

I wish the game made a bigger deal about it when someone dies. When they die in an event, it just says "Not everyone made it back" or something like that. I've had people die during combat and not even notice until after I've put my ship back together and am preparing to jump. A simple notification of "[Character name] has died" would have been nice.

I just ignore any kind of DLC really unless I really fall in love with a game. Makes things easier.

I never find DLC worth going back to after I've finished a game, which kind of stinks, since I usually play the games I care about when they come out.

Alchemy

I bought a shit load of games early during this sale and thanks to Amazon... sort of glad the Steam sale hasn't hit anything interesting I haven't played so far.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to Scorpscar X for Duke and Masterkajo getting Borderlands, hope you guys both enjoy the games :p

Enco

I wish the game made a bigger deal about it when someone dies. When they die in an event, it just says "Not everyone made it back" or something like that. I've had people die during combat and not even notice until after I've put my ship back together and am preparing to jump. A simple notification of "[Character name] has died" would have been nice.
The game would be a lot better if it got you more attached to the characters.

Let me have a meal when I'm not moving. Let me do something that makes everyone feel more real. As it is I still hate losing crew members but a lot more could be done.

to the moon looks like a great game

It's a terrible game with a sweet story littered with embarrassingly nerdy references. Also, Laura Shigihara <3

It's like the Walking Dead in that it's an adventure game that's light on puzzles and heavy on story telling, but the gameplay elements are more frequent and way worse.

The game would be a lot better if it got you more attached to the characters.

Let me have a meal when I'm not moving. Let me do something that makes everyone feel more real. As it is I still hate losing crew members but a lot more could be done.

I think that may be taking it too far, and not in the spirit of FTL. The scarcity and utility of crew members is enough to give them importance, all I want is the simple notification.

Mechazawa

I don't vote for embarrassing PC ports with no effort put behind them.

Incidentally all 3 are pretty shit ports, or were at release. Arkham City is probably the most stable right now that don't require fan made mods.

Then that begs the question of why you have a Deus Ex:HR avatar.

Sarcasm

Anybody played binary domain with KB&M? The icons ingame I don't even recognize wtf are they!

**I guess it meant middle click....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom