• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Any impressions on that Sherlock Holmes game? Never heard of it, but I'm intrigued.

I played it on the PS3 but the PC ver. would have better performance. It's a good Point n' Cick game, but I don't think you'll get MUCH replayability from it after beating it the first time.

kami_sama

i'm in the uk so i don't think i get editors choice and stuff? will get on steam i suppose
You can buy from amazon if you put a billing address from the US on your account.

Buy some DLC that is dirt cheap and you get the $5 credit. In January you will be able to get Dark Souls for $13.

Autofokus

I played it on the PS3 but the PC ver. would have better performance. It's a good Point n' Cick game, but I don't think you'll get MUCH replayability from it after beating it the first time.

I read a few reviews in the meantime and it really sounds interesting. According to them, the PC version looks really good and you can freely switch the perspective between 'traditional' P&C and first person (first person only on consoles). Hmmm. I'm a sucker for all that Holmes lore, but 20€? I'm spoiled by all the sales lately. :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you play it more, you may change your mind. I feel there is a threshold of play time above which you start to get addicted to this game and its music, like Binding of Isaac.
I can see how for some it might become like playing Solitaire. I think that kind of game for me will be MTG.

kami_sama

The Steam version includes extra stuff? It'll be $12.99 on Amazon in January, so I was going to buy it there unless it got a huge discount on Steam.
Not the steam version, but if you buy it in December, you get 3 items and the next content issue free. It's in their web.

RobbieH

All on GMG with the 30% voucher (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831):

Spec Ops - €3.49
Mount and Blade Collection - €5.24
Alpha Protocol - €2.62

The Steam version includes extra stuff? It'll be $12.99 on Amazon in January, so I was going to buy it there unless it got a huge discount on Steam.

They've turned their future story content into paid DLC. Starting with Issue 5 in January, non-subscribers will have to pay for the content packs. Like kami_sama said, buying in December just gives you the first one free. There will be built-in costs for this game if you intend to play it over the long term.

mr_toa

Spec Ops - €3.49
Alpha Protocol - €2.62

Hmm, Alpha Protocol at €2.62 even with the added Paypal tax it's good value! To get it on PC also or not ... decisions always decisions :)

Spec Ops - €3.49
Alpha Protocol - €2.62

No...

Dammit, I'm gonna break my cardinal rule for sales. Never buy a game I already have on console. Oh well.

Edit: Why is Alpha Protocol over 11GB?

New GMG deals for new page:
Use code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Spec Ops - 3.49€ / $5.25
Alpha Protocol 2.62€ / $2.62
Saints Row The Third Full Package 8.75€ / $8.75
Mount & Blade Collection 5.24 € / $5.24

All Steam

MasLegio

Banned
New GMG deals for new page:
Use code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Spec Ops - 3.49€ / $5.25
Alpha Protocol 2.62€ / $2.62
Saints Row The Third Full Package 8.75€ / $8.75
Mount & Blade Collection 5.24 € / $5.24

All Steam

nope

specops still shows as 7.5 usd

oh, you mean with the code?

M.D

Does GMG sell in $ when it says so even if you're in Europe?

I think that depends where you live? If you live in UK/Europe, it will probably show up in pound/euro

I live in Israel and it's $ for me

Edit: I think I misunderstood your question ;o

Leckan

I think that depends where you live? If you live in UK/Europe, it will probably show up in pound/euro

I live in Israel and it's $ for me

I live in Sweden and some shows up in $ instead of € like in Steam and some shows up in £. Seems quite random.

If it shows up in dollars though that's what it will sell as right?

I live in Sweden and some shows up in $ instead of € like in Steam and some shows up in £. Seems quite random.

Steam always sell in € for swedish customers, you probably just click a link that changes your stores region (they end in /?cc=xx, where xx is the country which store you want to view).
GMG sell in $ for us swedes, but the rest I'm not so sure of.

Spayro

I have a spare DNF code I want to give out to someone who has never played it, preferably someone really masochistic. anyone want it?

Firebrand

Yes, they charge Swedish customers in $ most of the time. Some publishers insist on £ prices (EA), Bethesda games used to have prices in € but are now on $ it seems.

Watching some FTL gameplay videos and I have no idea what's going on.
I guess this is a game you just have to experience for yourself?

I guess I'll just wait for a bundle. Already bought several games lately that have been included in humble bundles and such shortly after.
Those bundles really messes with my decisions about games, they be too good dammit!

For those who doesn't know, Scoregasm for minimum $1 here: http://scoregasm-game.com/
Steam key and all.

Ryan_

Watching some FTL gameplay videos and I have no idea what's going on.
I guess this is a game you just have to experience for yourself?

I guess I'll just wait for a bundle. Already bought several games lately that have been included in humble bundles and such shortly after.
Those bundles really messes with my decisions about games, they be too good dammit!

For those who doesn't know, Scoregasm for minimum $1 here: http://scoregasm-game.com/
Steam key and all.

I have the same exact feeling about FTL, don't know what the fuck is going on haha.
Might wait for a bundle too.

Torraz

The game doesn't have regional lock, either in steam or in the servers, afaik.
Either way, it's cheaper with the 50% off :p

Damn it, at that price spec ops forced my hand :(. Alright, three more expected purchases: God and Kings @ gmg tomrrow, secret world and exceed collection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom