• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is The Witcher 2 worth a buy if I didn't like the first? My main issues with the original were the combat and endless backtracking.

The combat has more depth but the game still has its fair share of backtracking -- the fundamental world design hasn't changed (each setting is one large level).

Is The Witcher 2 worth a buy if I didn't like the first? My main issues with the original were the combat and endless backtracking.

I think it's a huge improvement over the original and the combat system has been completely overhauled to something much more satisfying. I don't recall much backtracking either

baconcow

CPUJO.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505537

So far 5 donated copies...
FTL by: BackwardsSuggestions & Vlodril & adg1034 & baconcow & jph139

:)

Doomrider

Yes. I didn't think much of the first (solid, OK game), but The Witcher 2 is a remarkable game in almost every aspect and it's amazing how bold CD Projekt were when creating its visuals. It has a strong identity of its own, which is not something you can say about many medieval fantasy games.

The gameplay is also better than in the first game, more action oriented, in the best way. And Geralt is still a very interesting character.

bkw

Pardon the noobness, but is the next "big sale" usually the Summer Sale? Or is there a Spring Sale? I can't remember if there was one around spring...

If it's summer, I'll probably put a little more into the backlog. =)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pardon the noobness, but is the next "big sale" usually the Summer Sale? Or is there a Spring Sale? I can't remember if there was one around spring...

If it's summer, I'll probably put a little more into the backlog. =)

Summer Sale is the next big sale, yes. In chronological order:

July: Summer Sale
October: Halloween Sale (only horror-themed games are included, though, so it's smaller than the others)
November: Autumn Sale
December: Winter Sale

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
SPLICE impressions anyone? Really interested in the game but not sure whether I should take the plunge!

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok guys, gifting time again. Who wants Alpha Protocol and who wants Spec Ops: The Line?

First come first served.

edit: damn that was fast... both keys gone!

Double Dipping on Witcher 2. Lowest price I've seen so far. Got 3 versions of Witcher 2 and 2 for The Witcher: Director's Cut. I may have a problem ;)

evilhomer

Was the Counter strike bundle worth it at €10?

I kind of think so. I played GO a lot during the free weekend a while back, and it was fun, but also felt somewhat limited. If I have the kick to play some CS I may try the other ones for maps that aren't in GO and see what they have to offer instead and figure out which one I like best than.

DagsJT

Man, I'm awful at FTL :( Just about getting to Sector 2 before I get battered.

I'm putting a man in shields, one in engines, one in the cockpit. I power down the medbay until needed to make sure everything else has power. I aim for shields first, then take out weapons.

What am I doing wrong?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I'm putting a man in shields, one in engines, one in the cockpit. I power down the medbay until needed to make sure everything else has power. I aim for shields first, then take out weapons.

What am I doing wrong?

FTL OT, search for Weltalls posts on the last few pages and read them! :)

What am I doing wrong?

Sounds alright. Normal or easy?

Doomrider

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

This game will always be haunted by the bad reviews. Which sucks, because even though hidden dice rolls aren't the most intuitive thing in the world, going stealth still makes for a pretty fun experience that's at least on par with the Mass Effect games. And then there's the whole thing about the story/decision making/dialogue (you know the role playing bits in this RPG) being some of the best in the entire genre?

And yet someone doesn't even want it for free. Games journalists can eat a mouldering ball sack.

My only playthrough was with a stealth character and it was smooth sailing all the way, no bugs or frustration, or anything of the sort. Does the game suck when playing guns blazing or what? I will replay it at some point, but not right now.

The_Monk

I think that with all this hype I'll be playing Alpha Protocol soon on the PS3 since my friend can borrow me his copy.

please don't kill me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

What am I doing wrong?

Don't worry, you aren't alone. I can get to sector two, but barely make it half way there. I always aim for their weapons, and then missile their o2. Keep their crews busy. I also try and grind as much as possible in the first sector.

Doomrider

Hmm so I've gotten to the point I always get during Steam sales. Double-dip on The Witcher 2 or not?

If you have the money and want to have it on your Steam library, why not? If you're actually waiting for other games to be dailies and are on a budget, you're better off saving the double-dipping for another sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom