• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

It suddenly hit me that I miss playing CoD4 so much but don't want to deal with the hackfest on consoles. I'm assuming its the same on Steam?

12_zpsd9745e36.jpg

I can't hold it any more I need help!

Anyone have that image of the Braveheart guy saying hold it to wallets for buying FTL on sale?

lol i made a shit one before

EDIT: actually watched the movie today and I saw what happened after lol

Kinyou

Well i think im done with this sale unless some absolutely amazing deals come in.
Caved and bought dark souls this morning i already double dipped but the better performance reeled me in again.

here is my (hopefully final :/) haul:

Assassins creed 2
Batman aa GOTY
Batman ac GOTY
Binary domain
Crysis
Crysis warhead
Crysis 2
Dark souls
DMC 4
Fear + expansion packs
Hotline miami
The last remnant
Left 4 dead
Left 4 dead 2
Max payne
Max Payne 2
Max Payne 3
Serious sam 3
Civ 5
Sim City 4
Sleeping dogs
Spec ops the line
Dawn of war 2 complete

In total i have spent just under £100.

But at least my target of not buying anything next year apart from the last of us and dark souls 2 should be more achievable then i first thought.
installallgamesfopktm1eta.gif

baconcow

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wintersale2012_sonicfranchise

Anyone can explain me how they got to that 131,40$ ??? lol

Real Answer: Because more people will buy it at "77% off" which would actually be only be $15.63 (full price about $67.94). They want to sell it for $29.99 at 77% off (sounds like a nice high percentage off, comparable to the Sonic deals at Amazon)... but they don't want to only charge $15.

Guys is there a platform game like super meat boy or vvvvvv , and at the same level of difficulty ?

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams? Rayman Origins speed-run and other challenges? Any other platform with your eyes closed?

ArjanN

Guys is there a platform game like super meat boy or vvvvvv , and at the same level of difficulty ?

Those two games aren't really at the same level of difficulty, but anyway, Dustforce and They Bleed Pixels are 2 excellent platformers sort of in the same style.

ta9qi

Thnx alot guys , that was very helpful :)
Dustforce & They Bleed Pixels"i read about it earlier but forgot about its name and was searching 4 that" will be my next targets , any of them in sale yet ? & also downloading the free one
love these kind of games
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams? Rayman Origins speed-run and other challenges? Any other platform with your eyes closed?
I got the first one when it was on flash sales
Those two games aren't really at the same level of difficulty
which is considered harder? no kidding, i completed vvvvvv and gave a fast try for SMB

I go into Steam sales with no planned budget. It doesn't always go so well lol. Well, looks like I'm done unless Steam starts putting up niche games for their flash sales.

Dr Dogg

The Dualshock 3 aka Fumblesticks 3 works near perfect with San Andreas. You may need to do a bit of tweaking, but it works really well.

MotionJoy and a Dual Shock 3 work flawlessly with Vice City with no faffing around. I had problems with the camera controls and the right stick if it was set as a 360 pad but works perfectly is assigned as a Playstation 2 pad.

kennah

I go into Steam sales with no planned budget. It doesn't always go so well lol. Well, looks like I'm done unless Steam starts putting up niche games for their flash sales.
Budget doesn't help either. I blew through my $25 in the first three days and have been salivating from the sidelines/entering contests ever since.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
It had a sale during the summer at 50% off. I bought it like 2 weeks before for full price ($40). Such an amazing game, I think more people need to play it to realize this.

This has been on my wishlist for too long. It looks amazing. I was sold on the start up procedure videos on YouTube. I can't wait for the new entries in the DCS series.

Doomrider

Oh my god, Divinity II has a super sentai reference in one of the quests. So out of nowhere and funny.

Also funny is the dialogue and the writing in general; it's really above what other games usually offer. So many amazing lines to pick!

I'm impressed with this game.

bought the 2k strategy pack on Amazon, and low and behold I got a 5 dollar off credit on it on top of the price.

So for 15 dollars I got all those games... wow. I don't even know where the promo

So what DLC is missing from Civ V GOTY that I should look out for on Steam?

bought the 2k strategy pack on Amazon, and low and behold I got a 5 dollar off credit on it on top of the price.

So for 15 dollars I got all those games... wow. I don't even know where the promo

So what DLC is missing from Civ 4 GOTY that I should look out for on Steam?
You still had the 2k credit from buying any 2k game this year.

Oh my god, Divinity II has a super sentai reference in one of the quests. So out of nowhere and funny.

Also funny is the dialogue and the writing in general; it's really above what other games usually offer. So many amazing lines to pick!

one of us, one of us, one of us

Prophane33

Odd question: Silent Hunter III, 4, both, none? They are only 35% off, but the price isn't terrible. Note: I'm running Windows 7 x64 so that may have to impact my choice. I really enjoy Dangerous Waters, and I have SH5 but couldn't really get into it. I heard the older ones are better.

Dr Dogg

Quoting myself from a while back. Anybody?

Been a while, like almost 10 years, since I've looked for any mods for GTa but there are loads of vehicle and city retextures from real world to total flights of fantasy. There was a mod going around a while back that turned SA in to Gotham City with CJ as Batman. plus there's some pretty decent multiplayer mods but don't know how active they are now.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/index.php

Narag

That caught me off guard too. The humor is pretty great, especially Bellegar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom