• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
The A10 Warthog sale seems really tempting but I remember the Giantbomb quicklook and it may be way out of my league, simulation-wise.

Anyone here playing this game?

WisK

Neo Member
I asked before and I guess it just got swallowed up in the pace of the thread but can anyone get me DMC 4 for the cheaper UK price at GMG? I'll paypal the money obviously.

didamangi

Am I too eager if I got the expansion already in my cart? Although it will disappear after 15 minutes

Set your alarm clock!

But really, the lower priced sale that's insanely good on GMG is bound to get out of stock like Alpha Protocol so better safe than sorry.

derExperte

About that The Secret World offer where if you buy it before the 31st you get extra content or something - how does that work? Does Steam handle it automatically? Do you just have to register your purchased key on their website? Or do you actually have to download the game and start playing? Just asking because I'm at my parents' house and the internet here is pretty slow in comparison.

You have to start the game, create a character and the buy the bonus stuff (for 0 credits of course) in the store to get the items into your account. What I'm not sure about is, is if the price will go up on Jan 1st or if it checks when you registered the key.

Tizoc

Seems Hector Complete Collection was $5 in March 2012, whereas Space Quest Collection was $5 on May 31st, any chance they'll hit that price during this sale?

SJRB

Gold Member
Man the recommended system requirements for The Witcher 2 are fucking bullshit and completely inaccurate. Performance is terrible. I hate when this happens.

.nimrod

I'll post this here again, since i fear nobody is going to look into the community thread before the deal ends in ~4 hours:

A friend of mine and me would really like to get A-10C Warthog for the US price.
Send me a friend request if you can gift the game to us, i'll paypal in advance :) http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mk40/

I don't have enough money to buy Civ V now, but I do have enough to buy the XP. Can I buy that and just wait until I have Civ V? (I imagine so, but...)

I don't know if Steam will accept it, but you could always just wait until you have Civ V in your account to activate the Gods and Kings key. GMG just displays it on your account page and it wont expire.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Man the recommended system requirements for The Witcher 2 are fucking bullshit and completely inaccurate. Performance is terrible. I hate when this happens.

Turn off HBAO/supersampling. It's been a few years, I forgot the exact option. The RED engine is great overall but does not handle that option efficiently.

Torraz

Turn off HBAO/supersampling. It's been a few years, I forget the exact option. The RED engine is great overall but does not handle that option efficiently.

Will have to give that a try. The game started to run like poo after the tutorial for me.

SJRB

Gold Member
Turn off HBAO/supersampling. It's been a few years, I forget the exact option. The RED engine is great overall but does not handle that option efficiently.

I turned off pretty much everything and performance is still completely unplayable. I am so fucked haha.

I'm glad I "only" payed 10 bucks for this game. But still, 10 bucks wasted.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
3D Mark Vantage?!

DMC4?!

Seems like they've been repeating some of the dailies as Flash Sales and vice versa at lower discounts too.

3DMark 11 too, which for PC GAF is a useful tool. I know it's not a game, but hey, it was on my wish list and at £3.74, it was bought.

Anyway, GMG has DMC 4 for like £2 http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/devil-may-cry-4/
Lol GMG has a 115% decrease in price on Civ5-G&K with the voucher. That's just cray-zay!

That isn't...oh dear.

DagsJT

After huge problems trying to buy XCom from GMG (and just getting the canned email response blaming my bank and PC settings), I've just bought the Civ 5 expansion without a single issue.

After huge problems trying to buy XCom from GMG (and just getting the canned email response blaming my bank and PC settings), I've just bought the Civ 5 expansion without a single issue.

It seems it's just random. People had success buying there after it failed by

a) buying form another device
b) making another account
c) waiting

It really is a problem on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom