• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Really glad I ignored Gods and Kings earlier on Steam, that felt a bit too high given the price I paid for the GotY edition ($10) and how likely I was to play it any time soon (probably not TOO bad, but still unlikely).

Dr Dogg

Say I get the 2K collection off amazon for $20, if I were to play only one of the Civilization games it has, which should I go with?
Civ IV or Civ V?

IV Beyond the Sword.

V streamlined and took out some good features but now that Gods & Kings has added religion back into the mix I might have to give it a whirl again.

Tizoc

Heh the opinions on V and IV seem divided, chances are I may end up keeping both and playing them eventually haha.
Of course this is if I were to get the 2K Bundle.
Wonder if my $5 coupon I get from the EA bundle I bought will work with it?

Gaspode_T

Really glad I ignored Gods and Kings earlier on Steam, that felt a bit too high given the price I paid for the GotY edition ($10) and how likely I was to play it any time soon (probably not TOO bad, but still unlikely).

I don't really mind that I spent something like $40 for it - it is made by a team of hard working people and I have loved the Civ series since I was a kid. Yeesh, people act like giving money to game developers is some evil thing and then without blinking an eye spend $4.50 on a latte that will go through your digestive system in 8 hours or $10 at a movie. I am just giving you a hard time - this is actually directed at about 200 people that have posted in this thread. Race to the bottom pricing syndrome is going to kill standard gaming distribution model and replace it with F2P and no one will be allowed to complain after that happens.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
IV Beyond the Sword.

V streamlined and took out some good features but now that Gods & Kings has added religion back into the mix I might have to give it a whirl again.
Beyond the Sword is so awesome. Sadly it strangely doesn't run well on my laptop despite the base game, Warlords and Colonization working fine.

How complicated is this game compared to Civilization V?

They're not comparable games because the focus is completely different, but in terms of complexity, Civilization is to Crusader Kings II as a toy car is to a real car. It might take a bit to get into it, but you won't regret it once you do.

jerd

(as mentioned in the OT) I really hope TSW goes on sale, I will give away a copy for a gaffer... I just finished an amzing mission - it was like Silent Hill, and Alan Wake (plus MMO jank :p)

Does TSW have a good GAF following? I've been eyeballing it nonstop since release but I've never played an MMO before so I keep talking myself out of it.

Sibylus

Banned
I was under the impression that G&K was a rather mediocre expansion pack. Is it worth getting?
Yes, very much so. Fills the voids that Civ V vanilla had, took its good aspects and polished them up a good deal more. Pick up the DLC on 75% discount when it happens next to round things out really well (I've really been pleased with the new civs, wonders, and scenarios in particular).

Picked up Gods & Kings and the Crusader Kings II Sunset Invasion DLC. I don't think the 30% code applied to both, just the G&K download. Was I supposed to enter it twice, or does it just not apply to Sunset Invasion?

DagsJT

Picked up Gods & Kings and the Crusader Kings II Sunset Invasion DLC. I don't think the 30% code applied to both, just the G&K download. Was I supposed to enter it twice, or does it just not apply to Sunset Invasion?

I think it's really supposed to be the whole order but just seems to apply to one game. You can email their support and supposedly they'll look into it for you.

Dingotech

I think the 30% code only applies to one item in your cart.

Oh well only a few bucks.

I think it's really supposed to be the whole order but just seems to apply to one game. You can email their support and supposedly they'll look into it for you.

I won't bother tbh, it was 10.40 for both (Australian pricing becoming a thing on GMG = sad panda) and Sunset Invasion wasn't likely to go on sale on Steam anyway, since it didn't when there were CKII flash deals.

derFeef

Does TSW have a good GAF following? I've been eyeballing it nonstop since release but I've never played an MMO before so I keep talking myself out of it.

Some few I think, the OT's not visited well and we would maybe need a fresh OT for the new model etc. but I had no time yet to make one and don't know if it's really worth it.
Maybe the OT pushing out of community for a month would help, and make a new spreadsheet for the characters, maybe a mod can tell me if that's allowed or a good idea? TDM? :)

HoosTrax

Yeah, when I turned my computer on, Steam store was the last page I had on Chrome, so for a minute there I thought I should be yelling at my ISP for my internet being out again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

GMG discount codes have always functioned such that they apply to the most expensive item in your cart. It's never been x% off a transaction.

solarus

Maybe he'll finally start the Winter sales.

kanyelaugh.png

Kafel

Banned
Does someone have some bonus keys ? I've just subscribed to Steam and my games list is quite empty haha.

if you want to add me, id : kafel6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom