• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

After huge problems trying to buy XCom from GMG (and just getting the canned email response blaming my bank and PC settings), I've just bought the Civ 5 expansion without a single issue.

They gave me that same shit too on that Titan Quest Immortal Throne DLC. I payed via paypal. After a bit of back and forth, they finally said that they were out of keys and I'm put on the pending list until they get new keys this January.

BTW, Gods and Kings went through fine.

jediyoshi

They gave me that same shit too on that Titan Quest Immortal Throne DLC. I payed via paypal. After a bit of back and forth, they finally said that they were out of keys and I'm put on the pending list until they get new keys this January.

That's just a case of them not having the keys whatsoever, same thing happened to me and I've never had a problem with payment.

DagsJT

Hmm, Civ 5 is "recommending" I use the Windows 8 touch enabled setting rather than DX11. Seems it just detects the OS and thinks I've got a touch screen or something.

DMC bundle? Damnit, I thought I was gonna save money with the $4.7x DMC4 from GMG. I want to get another copy of DMC3 too. That makes it like my 7th copy of the game.

M.D

Asking for the third time now ><
What is the best place to get Civ 5 + Gods and Kings? Is it Amazon? if it is, could someone buy it for me and I will return money with PayPal?

Danj

You have to start the game, create a character and the buy the bonus stuff (for 0 credits of course) in the store to get the items into your account. What I'm not sure about is, is if the price will go up on Jan 1st or if it checks when you registered the key.

Okay, thanks. So basically I need to buy it today if I want the free stuff (as it'll take all night and all of tomorrow to download I shouldn't wonder). Well, unless it turns up as a daily deal or a flash sale, that's not gonna happen unfortunately.

Milamber

That's just a case of them not having the keys whatsoever, same thing happened to me and I've never had a problem with payment.

I've bought several games from them before, not once a problem. TQ DLC error-ed on payment. Email arrived on checking with my payment provider. Tried again, went through, no key. Emailed support, they bring up the previous email. I said it was paypal and I bought from them before, then they say they'll give the key next month.

1-D_FTW

Tried to buy Gods and Kings with my Paypal balance, got the usual "gambling bs". If I could install a GMG blocker onto my browser, I would. I don't even wanna see what their deals are anymore.

Tried checking out on my tablet too. That gave a slightly different variation (they're working with banks to fix things... yeah, right).

Hey guys: I'm selling every game in existence for .01 cents at my new website. Come buy!

www.ghjioeriohaerogherjklgerjklghaeriohjerioghhe.com

It is in my top 5 incredible looking games that are as tedious as hell to play.

I disagree. Trine's gameplay is awesome. One of the best games this generation.

froliq

Asking for the third time now ><
What is the best place to get Civ 5 + Gods and Kings? Is it Amazon? if it is, could someone buy it for me and I will return money with PayPal?

Pretty sure Steam will have a daily on Civ in the remaining dailies. Atleast I think they haven't done a Civ daily yet. You could buy the Gods and Kings expansion on GMG now for very cheap.

jediyoshi

I've bought several games from them before, not once a problem. TQ DLC error-ed on payment. Email arrived on checking with my payment provider. Tried again, went through, no key. Emailed support, they bring up the previous email. I said it was paypal and I bought from them before, then they say they'll give the key next month.

Again, they just had no keys, it wasn't an issue tied to payment. There were a number of posts from here and other sites reporting the same thing. They got my money immediately and the game literally just didn't list itself in the keys section afterwards.

Dr Dogg

Hmm, Civ 5 is "recommending" I use the Windows 8 touch enabled setting rather than DX11. Seems it just detects the OS and thinks I've got a touch screen or something.

I think it also looks for existing drivers or installed HID entry's as I've got a graphics tablet installed on my main PC and had the same recommendation but didn't get anything on my laptop. Saying that though some RTS games as great using it as it's so quick. Tempted to try it in XCOM but as others have said I prefer to use a 360 pad.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know which GTA games in the complete pack have x360 controller compatability? I think the steam pages on them are inaccurate in regards that info.

bigace33

Don't know when I'm going to ever play it, but Civ V God and Kings for the price of a Diet Pepsi and a ham sandwich? Amazing! Couldn't pass this one up. Feeling real good right now!

3157997_o.gif

Kammie

Renegade Ops is also -75% on GMG btw, $2,63 with the voucher.
This game is incredible, people need to get it. It's like a Micro Machines twin-stick shooter.

The Trine 2 DLC at 4 bucks is too expensive... needs to be 2 before I'll bite. Wonder why they didn't also discount it 75%.

bigace33

Does anyone know which GTA games in the complete pack have x360 controller compatability? I think the steam pages on them are inaccurate in regards that info.

All of them, but outside of the GTA4 games, the older GTA games may need a bit of tweaking to get them to your preference. I found motionjoy with the Dualshock 3 to work best because you can set it to mimmick a PS2 controller. But the 360 controller works with all of them just fine.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
All of them, but outside of the GTA4 games, the older GTA games may need a bit of tweaking to get them to your preference. I found motionjoy with the Dualshock 3 to work best because you can set it to mimmick a PS2 controller. But the 360 controller works with all of them just fine.

Perfect. I usually use my DualShock anyways for non FPS games on PC. Thanks!

DMC4 is a flash sale? I got it for free with the credit from Sleeping Dogs. Epic fail Valve. Even without the credit, it was still cheaper at GMG.

derFeef

(as mentioned in the OT) I really hope TSW goes on sale, I will give away a copy for a gaffer... I just finished an amzing mission - it was like Silent Hill, and Alan Wake (plus MMO jank :p)

MedIC86

(as mentioned in the OT) I really hope TSW goes on sale, I will give away a copy for a gaffer... I just finished an amzing mission - it was like Silent Hill, and Alan Wake (plus MMO jank :p)

Lets hope this is true, i was always intrigued by the game, certainly now it has become f2p.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was under the impression that G&K was a rather mediocre expansion pack. Is it worth getting?

It adds religion and espionage. Even if it is mediocre, it is $3.15!

I need to check out this game. The way you guys talking about it, it is in the same light as FTL.

Tizoc

Say I get the 2K collection off amazon for $20, if I were to play only one of the Civilization games it has, which should I go with?
Civ IV or Civ V?

Say I get the 2K collection off amazon for $20, if I were to play only one of the Civilization games it has, which should I go with?
Civ IV or Civ V?

Civ V -at this point it is up to par with Civ 4 with major gameplay improvements. Most notable being the removal of the stack of doom (or 345878 units on 1 tile).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom