• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VandalD

Green Man Gaming is so worthless to me.

Pays with Paypal balance.

"We're sorry, this transaction has been declined. Some banks thing GMG is an offshore gambling site."

The next GMG transaction that goes through for me will literally be my first. It's just a time sink that NEVER works for me.
Getting the same thing here when I try to buy DMC4. Oh well. Maybe it'll be a daily on Steam.

Isn't the PC port of DMC 3 just plain bad?
That's what I heard, and that the port for DMC4 is much better.

Really hating how flash sale slots are being wasted on software. Should be games only.

I'm super happy that Art Rage went on sale. Most of the games I've seen are things I passed over on the Thanksgiving/Summer sales. This program is 100% useful to me. At this point, and with my backlog, I'm more excited about the software than the games.

C-Drive

Uh oh. Just had my first (for this sale): "I need to buy this game", *click*

"You already own Mirror's Edge™"

This madness needs to stop. I already put my steam sale budget in my wallet yesterday, and I've already bought two games - from GMG.

F!ReW!Re

This is for anyone who's interesting in a more strategic/tactical RTS;

Get Wargame: European Escalation!!!

Totally worth it if you ask me...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there really no AA support in Borderlands 1? :( Hate having to use the Nvidia driver options to force it, it never seems to work properly. And the game runs doesn't run that well if i put dynamic shadows and whatever that "flare" option is. I was stuck at 25-30 FPS before i deactivated those. Now i got 50-60 FPS thankfully but it sucks having to sacrifice stuff for it when my computer can run other more recent games with less issues.

Not the beat year when its been all the same releases all year. Struggling to think of anything I'll want lol

Certainly have most of the musts from the last two years bin my library already. Shall keep an eye .

dreamfall

$6.79 for me. Oh steam.

Still a killer deal, but in some strange ways this year, GMG & Amazon are coming through with really cheap Steam codes for individual titles. All these discounts, and promotional codes, are sending me over to other places to increase the library!

I'm also really hoping for a Sam & Max Package Bundle on the cheap! Bring it Garry!

ksdixon

Where's the Buy button for "Red Faction Guerrilla"? What's going on, all the other Red Faction games are present, on sale, and purchasable.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I was being paranoid. The absolute number one reason I held out on getting both Arkham games was because of the ominous SecuROM label.

Batman AA:
connection_07.jpg

Seriously, fuck SecuROM.
Please tell me that's not real. If that happens to me when I try playing my new copy of AA I'll set someone on fire. Fuck that shit.

Where's the Buy button for "Red Faction Guerrilla"? What's going on, all the other Red Faction games are present, on sale, and purchasable.
It was removed yesterday, don't know the reason why.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member

I was wondering the same thing. Already got 2 retail copies that came with Metro 2033 so I never bothered picking it up on previous sales, but now I can't have it, I want it. Stupid OCD.

Green Man Gaming is so worthless to me.

Pays with Paypal balance.

"We're sorry, this transaction has been declined. Some banks thing GMG is an offshore gambling site."

The next GMG transaction that goes through for me will literally be my first. It's just a time sink that NEVER works for me.
Stop using PayPal? Change bank. I did it this year and it wasn't so hard.
I thought I was being paranoid. The absolute number one reason I held out on getting both Arkham games was because of the ominous SecuROM label.

Batman AA:
connection_07.jpg

Seriously, fuck SecuROM.
Just get a refund man. It's the only way they'll stop using this anti consumer software.

Please tell me that's not real. If that happens to me when I try playing my new copy of AA I'll set someone on fire. Fuck that shit.

It was removed yesterday, don't know the reason why.

if its any consolation i had no problem booting mine up. Just stupid GFWL account crap

my sale haul so far :

HoosTrax

Random thought, but isn't it actually summer in Oz, Brasil, and other countries in the southern hemisphere? And vice versa, isn't it winter in those countries when Steam does Summer Seal?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Random thought, but isn't it actually summer in Oz, Brasil, and other countries in the southern hemisphere? And vice versa, isn't it winter in those countries when Steam does Summer Seal?
Yup, summer starts today here. But it would confuse the hell out of everyone if I called this the Summer Seal :p

Jedi2016

I activated Arkham City just the other day, it went through fine. I don't know if the serial is generated on first run, or if it was generated when I bought it back in the summer.

I picked up the THQ bundle on Amazon. It had the handful of games I wanted, and was a good deal cheaper. Scratch those off my Steam list.

Just waiting around for the Flash deals and Daily deals to roll over.

1-D_FTW

Stop using PayPal? Change bank. I did it this year and it wasn't so hard.

I don't have a bank tied with Paypal (that's lunacy). It's a junk fund where I fund purchases with a paypal balance or occasional pre-paid card (because they're not getting a legit card either).

And hacking exposure aside, credit cards aren't guaranteed with GMG either. Because there are plenty of US cards that get rejected by GMG too.

There's absolutely no valid reason a "balance funded" purchase through paypal should ever get rejected. If they want to reject my sale every time I try, my backlog is big enough I guess.

Seance

Banned
It's $4.76 on GMG after the coupon, it's $6.79 on Steam/GMG. I'm kind of surprised you bought Dark Souls at that price. It's going to be $15 in a few days on Amazon.

I loved it, but that's just me. Opinions seem mixed.

Is there a way to trick Amazon into thinking i live in the U.S.?

C-Drive

You might be able to generate it through Steam, but ultimately Steam is serving up the GFWL codes. If they're out you won't be able to finish installation. Might as well wait a few days.

Yeah, just bought the Medley and tested it out. Won't be playing it anytime soon, but it did activate through Steam.

Wow I think I may actually be buying software for my first purchase this sale. Artrage is pretty awesome after trying the demo it sold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom