• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

As tempting as Far Cry 3 is I haven't spent over 10 USD for a game in years guess I will hold out.

Prob going to buy age of empires and OMD2.

Is FC worth playing? I'm loving FC3 atm.

And has anyone seen Anno 2070 cheaper elsewhere?

Was $15 at GamersGate for the standard edition, but it doesn't activate on Steam.

Also GetGames had it for their getloaded bundle - 15 for two Ubisoft games, but that was European only.

baconcow

Is Orcs Must Die any good? Also, any reason why Reckoning hasn't ever never gone on sale? With 38 Studios basically gone, is there just a hold on any discounts on the game? I would have figured it would be the opposite.

I have both Orcs and have only played #2 and it is very fun. I played solo and it is very challenging to do some levels. Coop looks awesome, from videos.

BFIB

Time to buy the Far Cry Franchise. FarCry 3 just looks too awesome.

My backlog folder in Steam just continues to grow. I named it Games Everest.

Just so I don't have to worry that I'm making things up in my head, this is what AmazonTony said at SA regarding TSW:
Yep, we'll have [The Secret World] on sale and part of the Editor's Choice List in January, it'll be $17.99 or $12.99 after coupon.
The bonus items seem kinda bleh in the face of $5-10 of savings.

Xyber

But the convenience of having it on steam and download it with only a click makes this version the best!!! :p

You still need to download the game through their launcher, right? So I see no benefit at all to buying it from steam or just adding it as a non-steam game. How many times are you really gonna download an MMO anyway? :p

cicero

I can't believe how hooked I am on Tropico 4. If there any game I think deserves a repeat sale it is this one. So much fun and content rich. It'll probably take me 50 hours to finish the main campaign, and this doesn't include messing around in Sandbox mode or the Modern Times expansion. I almost feel bad buying the main game for $5.99 and the expansion for $3.99.

I think it's my readjusted 2011 GOTY in 2012.

Do you own Tropico 3? And if so, how does it compare to Tropico 3 in terms of new content and gameplay? Was it more like an update or worthwhile as a completely new game?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
No. Amazon matched this price when it was a daily. I think this is the first time Anno 2070 has been at $20.

Yeah, it is the same price right now too. $20 actually for the deluxe edition.

Was $15 at GamersGate for the standard edition, but it doesn't activate on Steam.

Also GetGames had it for their getloaded bundle - 15 for two Ubisoft games, but that was European only.

Damn, thank you!

kn1ves24

What are the chances Dishonored will see a sale again? Its the one game I wish they would repeat a sale for but I haven't seen it yet.

Cramoss

I have Civ V but never played it, and somehow I'm tempted to get the gods and kings expansion at that price. Is it worth it?

LegoDad

So can I change the repopulating checkpoints on Far Cry 2 with the PC version? It's what ruined the PS3 version to me.. I shouldn't have to fight those checkpoints every time i pass it for one mission.

Tomodachi

What are the chances Dishonored will see a sale again? Its the one game I wish they would repeat a sale for but I haven't seen it yet.
I bet it will be among the traditional "best of" deals that take place on the last day of the sale. Also somewhat likely to pop up as a flash or community deal in the next days.

dreamfall

Yeah, I wish the Far Cry 3 sale was at least 33%! I am definitely waiting it out, but I'd like to get around to it sometime.

And I love Far Cry 2, it's a beautiful experience.

Eusis

I don't really mind that I spent something like $40 for it - it is made by a team of hard working people and I have loved the Civ series since I was a kid. Yeesh, people act like giving money to game developers is some evil thing and then without blinking an eye spend $4.50 on a latte that will go through your digestive system in 8 hours or $10 at a movie. I am just giving you a hard time - this is actually directed at about 200 people that have posted in this thread. Race to the bottom pricing syndrome is going to kill standard gaming distribution model and replace it with F2P and no one will be allowed to complain after that happens.
I understand actually, to me it's just a matter of how much I really want to play something versus how much it costs. If I was a big Civ fan I'd definitely have been there day 1 and even without that was tempted by at least Civ IV's compilation release before (but never DID get it). Meanwhile I did get Xcom at the first significant discount in the Thanksgiving sale (and of course have yet to get it started anyway), and immediacy mattered more for Skyrim and Dark Souls (plus I screwed up/got unlucky with deals anyway).

EDIT: Might help if I and others didn't get so used to these insane deals though.

If I remember right... Doom 3 with mods > Doom 3 BFG. Correct?

Yeah, infinitely better from the screenshots/videos I've seen. Got BFG from the Bethesda bundle fiasco and it's pretty disappointing so far. Poor textures, weak sounds, annoying flashlight placement. I'm not exactly hopeful that the best mods get ported over to the new file format either since, when you consider Doom 3 vanilla is cheaper, there's really no need for the modders to take the time to do it.

I'm tempted to just spend the $3.24 so I can properly enjoy it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I was going to wait until the next sale for the Orcs Must Die franchise pack, but a friend bought it. So I think I should get it now...

And the Far Cries 1 & 2 are really tempting, never played any. And the Dooms, just to have them on Steam (and to play D3, whose demo I hated back then but I'd like to play anyway).

Alien8

6.15 Million users. Not bad. Don't know if it's the highest number ever.

DU4TG.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So can I change the repopulating checkpoints on Far Cry 2 with the PC version? It's what ruined the PS3 version to me.. I shouldn't have to fight those checkpoints every time i pass it for one mission.

I want to know that too.. But I doubt you can.

Anybody care to weight in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom