• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPJZKC

Anno 2070 is a fantastic city builder, and on top of that, one of the only (if not THE only) science fiction one. Bought it at release knowing full well about the awful DRM, and still don't regret it. Such a satisfying game.

Kuroyume

Banned
Any of you bros want a steam key for Shadowgrounds Survivor? It's from Summerseal but I'm not 100% sure if it's still work so you'll just have to take that into account. Just be the first to quote this post.

masterkajo

Greenmangaming won't let me pay with paypal at the moment. WHY? It says my payment method thinks GMG is a gambling website? I have just bought something half and hour ago with paypal. SHould I keep trying? I want the Civ V expansion.

Kammie

Any of you bros want a steam key for Shadowgrounds Survivor? It's from Summerseal but I'm not 100% sure if it's still work so you'll just have to take that into account. Just be the first to quote this post.
I'll try it! I was curious about the game.

Edit: Actually, nevermind, I already own it. Steam Syndrome. lol

T-Matt

Greenmangaming won't let me pay with paypal at the moment. WHY? It says my payment method thinks GMG is a gambling website? I have just bought something half and hour ago with paypal. SHould I keep trying? I want the Civ V expansion.

Yeah my paypal randomly stopped working so I just paid with my card straight up, kinda annoying but oh well.

Mairu

call your bank/credit card company (whatever paypal is trying to use to charge)

kitzkozan

Can't beat Gods & Kings for $3.15 from GMG.

Probably won't go lower than $5 on Steam for a long time, if at all. The coupon code really helped.

GMG came through with the best deal this time, for those who were able to purchase from them. :p

Tempted to buy the classic DOOM games since mods work with them and they are fairly cheap. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
If you're interested in Mount & Blade (and why the hell wouldn't you), then just buy Warband. It's the best in the series, and it's greaaaaaaaat.

pirata

I really want to play Farcry 3, but the price is still pretty steep (I usually wait until games are between 5 to 10 dollars before buying them on Steam). Should I bite? Would my 560ti be able to run it well? How long will it be until it is on sale for a cheaper price?

Wow!! I didn't even know I owned company of heroes.

This game looks fantastic for its age!!! I wouldn't have bought European escalation if I had known I owned this game.

I think it's a sign that I should stop buying games as I feel a little guilty not knowing what I own.

zchen

I hope civ 5 returns for a daily or something cause I have to pick up the goty upgrade now for completion's sake after geting gods and kings on gmg

masterkajo

Is there a way for me to resolve this soonish (~30 min)? I want to play with some friends that are eagerly waiting. Thanks

EDIT: Solved. Thanks. It just worked after trying 20 times. Lol.

Torraz

Has anyone had any problems with Uplay before? Far Cry 3 might be my first game with it.

Far Cry 3 was my first uplay game and I had no issues. Patching took a short while though as all the patches were installed one after another, instead of all at once.

Sullichin

Ok I've gotta be done with this sale...

Far Cry 3
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (GMG)
FTL: Faster Than Light
Cave Story+ (thanks again HoosTrax!)
Mark of the Ninja
Splintercell: Chaos Theory (bad idea, wtf, no widescreen, and servers appear to be down?)
Resident Evil 5
Hitman Absolution

*plays dark souls instead*

Has anyone had any problems with Uplay before? Far Cry 3 might be my first game with it.

Patching is annoying and I had a problem once where it couldn't access the servers, but other than that, it's a pretty easy to use and unobtrusive program. Didn't really mind using it.

KePoW

Banned
Anno 2070 is a fantastic city builder, and on top of that, one of the only (if not THE only) science fiction one. Bought it at release knowing full well about the awful DRM, and still don't regret it. Such a satisfying game.

Does it still have the DRM now?

Eusis

I really want to play Farcry 3, but the price is still pretty steep (I usually wait until games are between 5 to 10 dollars before buying them on Steam). Should I bite? Would my 560ti be able to run it well? How long will it be until it is on sale for a cheaper price?
I have a 560 ti, and the only game that's seriously been a problem with was Max Payne 3, and even that'd have probably been fine if I bit the bullet and throttled settings when I had a problem. If it couldn't run fine on a 560 ti we'd probably have been hearing calls of this being a terrible, atrocious port as the case was with Saint's Row 2 (though that proved to be an exceptionally bad one).

Doomrider

Yeah, when I installed Conviction for a replay a few weeks ago, I spent like 20 minutes trying to make the damn thing work, because of some stupid Uplay error. Had to reinstall the application. I also have 74.4 hours of playtime in my Steam version of Forgotten Sands, because even after quitting the game, Uplay decided it was a good idea to keep running in the background (with no notification), which Steam recognized as the game being played. Mild annoyances, really, but annoyances nonetheless.

It's just useless. But who knows, you may end up not having any problems at all.

Yeah, when I installed Conviction for a replay a few weeks ago, I spent like 20 minutes trying to make the damn thing work, because of some stupid Uplay error. Had to reinstall the application. I also have 74.4 hours of playtime in my Steam version of Forgotten Sands, because even after quitting the game, Uplay decided it was a good idea to keep running in the background (with no notification), which Steam recognized as the game being played. Mild annoyances, really, but annoyances nonetheless.

It's just useless. But who knows, you may end up not having any problems at all.

I also re-installed conviction right before thanksgiving and had no issues whatsoever. So yeah, experiences may vary like all services.

FUCK THIS SHIT. I hate when games do this. The Hitmans and Serious Sams are also terrible offenders.

Far Cry 3 shows up before Far cry and Far Cry 2 for me. So annoying.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad for anyone who has Steam game list OCD and picks up the classic Doom games. Their naming scheme puts them all over the place and Doom 2 shows up first.
FUCK THIS SHIT. I hate when games do this. The Hitmans and Serious Sams are also terrible offenders.

zychi

Banned
Just want to let everyone know who bought the Far Cry 3 bundle that it gave my buddy the Deluxe Version when he went to install it.

No idea if that actual store reflects that.

Eusis

Far Cry 3's way worse for OCD and the lists being in order than the Doom series. At least each Doom has a specific name unique to its version, and Final Doom really was intended to be the last we'd see for quite awhile I think.

This? Just some copyright crap that probably didn't need to be in the title for the Steam list, and even if it did they could probably have coded it to disregard such symbols.

M.D

Yup, shows up as DLC. Thanks.

So how do you guy recommend to play the game? I've the GOTY edition plus Gods and Kings
Should I start with all DLC enabled?

Doomrider

I also re-installed conviction right before thanksgiving and had no issues whatsoever. So yeah, experiences may vary like all services.

Reminds me of how I never had any trouble with GFWL. I hope that will continue to be the case... And even if isn't, I have Game Save Manager ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom