• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryz

Banned
steam sales are great until you realize there are only a handful of truly good pc games and you already bought them all in the steam sale 2 years ago.

Polk

What are some good gamepads for platformers for the pc since the d-pad on the Xbox controller sucks ass?
Pad that comes with Madcatz portable drums for Rockband. Not even kidding.

Muuru.jpg

MasLegio

Banned
Steam sales are only good until you realize that you will never have time to play all the games. At this point the only games you will consider are games at 75% discount or more.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
You guys think SSIVAE will go one sale again?

How's the online community?

Eusis

steam sales are great until you realize there are only a handful of truly good pc games and you already bought them all in the steam sale 2 years ago.
Honestly, these sales are mostly good for getting solid discounts on newer games than amazing discounts on older games. At best it'll be half off, like Walking Dead or Skyrim have been, but more likely it'll be 25-33% like Alpha Protocol was when I got it or Far Cry 3 right now. Hell, FC3 will account for most of my damage, everything else was either fairly cheap, or I avoided getting because as cheap as it was did I REALLY want to play that any time soon?

cicero

The best dailies or flash sales are the ones that are currently in ongoing Indie bundles. Brilliant choices for Steam sales!

IMACOMPUTA

I bought the new Humble Indie Bundle pretty much just for Cave Story +, the basement collection and to donate money to charity.

So quote this post for steam codes to the other games.
I guess just let the thread know which games you took as to not waste anybody's time.

Nimajneb

I bought the new Humble Indie Bundle pretty much just for Cave Story +, the basement collection and to donate money to charity.

So quote this post for steam codes to the other games.
I guess just let the thread know which games you took as to not waste anybody's time.

I took Dungeon Defenders. Thanks!

Echoplx

Got Civ V on gmg last year for free with credit, G&K for 3$ from gmg and the goty upgrade + extra dlc for 7$ on Steam, pretty good for 10$

Wok

As a way to thank people for giving games, I make a little 8-hour give away for a game I like.

English Country Tune is an abstract 3D puzzle game, which introduces a wide range of game mechanics in about 120 levels. The level design is really clever, as one could expect from the dev, increpare. There is a 75% discount on the Steam store.

If you need an invite to the Steam group, ask over there.

Bri

As a European (Don't know of any European country with bandwith cap), this bandwidth cap really sounds awful. If that shit hits the market here - blood will be spilled.

Atruvius

Bought Doom 3 and Classic Doom packs. Downloaded mod pack for Doom 3 (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4385520&postcount=160) which made it looks absolutely stunning. Completed the first level and played some of the second one and I gotta say that the game is actually pretty fun. Much better than some people say it is, though I am using Classic Doom walking speed so it pretty easy to circle strafe the fireball throwers.

Are there any need-to-have mods I should get for older Dooms or are they pretty much perfect as they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom